MMA News Thread

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jan 29, 2005
PHX
WSOF is trippin. Their next show is gonna be here on Friday, went to look up tickets and they're charging double of what they charged for their show here back in March at the same venue. Ticket Master's pick a seat map shows only like 20% of the seats are even sold.

They think people want to see Gaethje vs. Palomino 2 that bad? lol

Jan 29, 2005
PHX
Henry Cejudo is refusing to fight in Nevada again after the Diaz suspension. That's dope as fuck, hopefully more fighters step up and force UFC's hand in stepping in and doing something about this. UFC can easily throw some lawyers at the NSAC, but Dana White is being a faggot and just saying "I can't do anything about it, they don't care what I think".

Henry Cejudo refuses to fight in Nevada in light of Nick Diaz's suspension - MMA Fighting

Support for Nick Diaz continues to mount.

First, it was the tweets. Then Ronda Rousey. Now, Olympic gold medalist turned UFC flyweight Henry Cejudo has taken things one step further.

In a letter to MMAFighting.com, Cejudo's manger Bill McFarlane wrote that Cejudo will not be fighting in Nevada anymore in light of Monday's news.

Below is the letter in its entirety:

I am absolutely appalled at how the NAC handled the Nick Diaz matter. The issue here is not the magnitude of the penalties assessed to Nick Diaz, it is the process, or lack thereof, in determining Nick Diaz’s guilt or innocence. Significant discrepancies existed between the test samples, and the NAC has an absolute obligation to resolve those discrepancies before the penalty phase of the disciplinary hearing was heard. What the NAC did was ignore due process and go straight to the penalty phase.

Forget the facts and existence of evidence, let’s get down to the business of punishment. For the NAC to ignore the negative test results from Sports Medicine Research and Testing Laboratories (SMRTL), a WADA-approved testing facility specializing in the detection of performance enhancing drugs (PEDs), in favor of a "questionable" result from a non-approved and non-specialized PED facility is simply astonishing. For Chairman Aguilar to also state, "I think we do have a positive test today," is an appalling disregard of the full and careful consideration of all the facts. I believe it is an abuse of power under the color of authority, and a direct affront to the very concept and practice of due process. For NAC to further justify their decision based on the assertion that they don’t have the budget to use a WADA-approved testing facility is like saying, justice and due process only applies if it comes at a deep discount and is affordable. The NAC decision does not appear to be based on fact or evidence, but on emotional arrogance.

I sincerely hope that the UFC enters the dialogue on this issue. If not publicly, then privately. It is very unfortunate, but I feel it's prudent to let the UFC know that Henry Cejudo will not be fighting in Nevada. I simply have no confidence that the NAC can manage a fair and credible testing process, or will act in a fair and unbiased manner. Henry has been tested well over a hundred times under the USOC/USADA program and never had a positive test result. That is because he has never used a banned substance, but also because, in each and every case, the testing was done by competent and unbiased personnel under a credible program utilizing WADA accredited labs.

I personally applauded the UFC for imposition of their anti-doping policy, as it comes with the legacy and credibility of USADA, as well as appropriate protocols and processes to ensure fair and credible testing. The opposite appears true with respect to the NAC. Until the NAC testing process can be independently reviewed, its findings made public, and corrective action taken, I personally do not believe it is a safe or credible place to conduct business. That includes a review of the recent actions and competencies of Commission members.

Others may want to roll the dice in Nevada, but I for one do not feel the NAC is capable of conducting itself in a manner consistent with their mission statement, appropriate enforcement of existing regulations, conducting business in a fair and unbiased manner, or the exercise of due process in their enforcement actions.

Cejudo (9-0) is scheduled to fight Jussier Formiga on Nov. 21 in Monterrey, Mexico. A win could very well make him the No. 1 contender in the 125-pound division. He has yet to fight professionally in Nevada.

Sep 20, 2005
FUCK YOU
Henry Cejudo is refusing to fight in Nevada again after the Diaz suspension. That's dope as fuck, hopefully more fighters step up and force UFC's hand in stepping in and doing something about this. UFC can easily throw some lawyers at the NSAC, but Dana White is being a faggot and just saying "I can't do anything about it, they don't care what I think".

Henry Cejudo refuses to fight in Nevada in light of Nick Diaz's suspension - MMA Fighting

Support for Nick Diaz continues to mount.

First, it was the tweets. Then Ronda Rousey. Now, Olympic gold medalist turned UFC flyweight Henry Cejudo has taken things one step further.

In a letter to MMAFighting.com, Cejudo's manger Bill McFarlane wrote that Cejudo will not be fighting in Nevada anymore in light of Monday's news.

Below is the letter in its entirety:

I am absolutely appalled at how the NAC handled the Nick Diaz matter. The issue here is not the magnitude of the penalties assessed to Nick Diaz, it is the process, or lack thereof, in determining Nick Diaz’s guilt or innocence. Significant discrepancies existed between the test samples, and the NAC has an absolute obligation to resolve those discrepancies before the penalty phase of the disciplinary hearing was heard. What the NAC did was ignore due process and go straight to the penalty phase.

Forget the facts and existence of evidence, let’s get down to the business of punishment. For the NAC to ignore the negative test results from Sports Medicine Research and Testing Laboratories (SMRTL), a WADA-approved testing facility specializing in the detection of performance enhancing drugs (PEDs), in favor of a "questionable" result from a non-approved and non-specialized PED facility is simply astonishing. For Chairman Aguilar to also state, "I think we do have a positive test today," is an appalling disregard of the full and careful consideration of all the facts. I believe it is an abuse of power under the color of authority, and a direct affront to the very concept and practice of due process. For NAC to further justify their decision based on the assertion that they don’t have the budget to use a WADA-approved testing facility is like saying, justice and due process only applies if it comes at a deep discount and is affordable. The NAC decision does not appear to be based on fact or evidence, but on emotional arrogance.

I sincerely hope that the UFC enters the dialogue on this issue. If not publicly, then privately. It is very unfortunate, but I feel it's prudent to let the UFC know that Henry Cejudo will not be fighting in Nevada. I simply have no confidence that the NAC can manage a fair and credible testing process, or will act in a fair and unbiased manner. Henry has been tested well over a hundred times under the USOC/USADA program and never had a positive test result. That is because he has never used a banned substance, but also because, in each and every case, the testing was done by competent and unbiased personnel under a credible program utilizing WADA accredited labs.

I personally applauded the UFC for imposition of their anti-doping policy, as it comes with the legacy and credibility of USADA, as well as appropriate protocols and processes to ensure fair and credible testing. The opposite appears true with respect to the NAC. Until the NAC testing process can be independently reviewed, its findings made public, and corrective action taken, I personally do not believe it is a safe or credible place to conduct business. That includes a review of the recent actions and competencies of Commission members.

Others may want to roll the dice in Nevada, but I for one do not feel the NAC is capable of conducting itself in a manner consistent with their mission statement, appropriate enforcement of existing regulations, conducting business in a fair and unbiased manner, or the exercise of due process in their enforcement actions.

Cejudo (9-0) is scheduled to fight Jussier Formiga on Nov. 21 in Monterrey, Mexico. A win could very well make him the No. 1 contender in the 125-pound division. He has yet to fight professionally in Nevada.
yup rousey also stood up for diaz

B-Buzz

lenbiasyayo
Oct 21, 2002
bhibago
last.fm
hopefully Nick was an appeasing sacrifice to the MMA gods because this weekend looks sick

RFA 30
September 18, 2015 | Pinnacle Bank Arena | Lincoln, Nebraska
MAIN CARD
AXS TV, 10 p.m. ET
Brock Jardine vs. Anthony Smith
Ryan Roberts vs. Adam Townsend
Matt Brown vs. Darrick Minner
Zach Juusola vs. Robert Rojas Jr.
Grant Dawson vs. Clay Wimer
James Nakashima vs. Chance Rencountre
Don Hamilton vs. Kassius Holdorf
preliminary CARD
Untelevised, 9 p.m. ET
Miles Marshall vs. Jaquis Williams
Kevin Gray vs. Joshua Smith

WSOF 23

September 18, 2015 | Comerica Theatre | Phoenix, Arizona
main CARD
NBCSN, 10 p.m. ET
Justin Gaethje vs. Luis Palomino
for lightweight title
David Branch vs. Teddy Holder
for inaugural light heavyweight title
Tito Jones vs. Timur Valiev
Ben Fodor vs. Roberto Yong
LaRue Burley vs. Brian Foster
preliminary CARD
MMAjunkie, 7 p.m. ET
Brian Grinnell vs. Vagab Vagabov
Krasimir Mladenov vs. Clifford Starks
Kamuela Kirk vs. Estevan Payan
Danny Davis Jr. vs. Matthew Frincu
David Nuzzo vs. Andres Ponce
Joey Miolla vs. Randy Steinke
Jeff Fletcher vs. Benny Madrid

Bellator 142 DYNAMITE MOTHERFUCKER
September 19, 2015 | SAP Center | San Jose, California
main CARD
Spike, 9 p.m. ET
Liam McGeary vs. Tito Ortiz
for light heavyweight title
opponent TBA vs. opponent TBA
light heavyweight tournament final
Mike Bronzoulis vs. Josh Thomson
Muhammed Lawal vs. Linton Vassell
light heavyweight tourney opening round
Phil Davis vs. Emanuel Newton
light heavyweight tourney opening round
ALSO I'm assuming they'll at least show Semtex vs. Gonzalez from the kickboxing portion
preliminary CARD
MMAjunkie, 6:30 p.m. ET
David Blanco vs. Victor Jones
Mauricio Alonso vs. Nick Pica
Brandon Hester vs. DeMarco Villalona
Israel Delgado vs. J.J. Okanovich
Carlos Eduardo Rocha vs. James Terry
Josh Paiva vs. Matt Ramirez
Gabriel Carrasco vs. Joe Neal
Marlen Magee vs. Adam Piccolotti
Thomas Diagne vs. Mike Malott
Roy Boughton vs. Francis Carmont
light heavyweight tourney alternate bout

Titan FC 35
September 19, 2015 | Clark County Fairgrounds Event Center | Ridgefield, Washington
(Is it streaming on UFC Fight Pass?)
Pat Healy vs. Rick Hawn
for lightweight title
Andre Harrison vs. Desmond Green
for featherweight title
Tim Elliott vs. Felipe Efrain
for flyweight title
Steven Siler vs. Austin Springer
Zane Kamaka vs. Belal Muhammad
Sid Bice vs. Shaine Jaime
Ricky Simon vs. Alex Soto
Musa Khamanaev vs. Jason Knight
E.J. Brooks vs. Jason Novelli
Mohammad Abed vs. Pete Petties
Jake Smith vs. Taki Uluilakepa
Trey Ogden vs. Ryan Walker

B-Buzz

lenbiasyayo
Oct 21, 2002
bhibago
last.fm
BASEDVATO @BASEDVATO

EBI 4 , A 16 man SUBMISSION ONLY tournament held at
The Orpheum in Downtown LA, Saturday, August 15 2015 featuring 16 of the best "Featherweights" on the planet, including the return of EBI 145 Pound Champion Geo Martinez, plus Leg Lock King Eddie Cummings, Berimbolo Master Joao Miyao, Crucifix Assassin Baret Yoshida, WINNER TAKE ALL! Winner gets paid $5,000 for each submission he gets in regulation, $0 for each match he wins in OverTime, 20k and then compete in ADCC 2 weeks later in Sao Paolo Brazil. Both Geo and Cummings submitted all of their opponents at the ADCC trials. Plus teen prodigies Grace Gundrum vs Jessa Khan, Cora Sek vs Alyssa Wilson, & Kyra Batara vs Brazilian star Talita Alencar!