MMA News Thread

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jan 29, 2005
PHX
Storm got hammered by CSAC with a 3 year suspension. 50 to 1 testosterone ratio lol

CSAC Hammers Alexander Shlemenko with Three-Year Penalty for Failed Drug Test | MMAWeekly.com

Former Bellator middleweight champion Alexander Shlemenko on Tuesday was handed the most severe penalty that the California State Athletic Commission has ever assessed a mixed martial artist.

The CSAC voted unanimously to suspend Shlemenko for three years and fined him $10,000, according to ESPN.

Shlemenko’s Bellator 133 drug test showed an elevated testosterone-to-epitestosterone ration of 50-to-1, which is indicative of exogenous testosterone use, as well as oxandrolone, a synthetic anabolic steroid.

Alexander ShlemenkoThe Russian knocked out Melvin Manhoef at the Feb. 13 event in Fresno, Calif., but the CSAC overturned the outcome, changing the result to a no contest.

Through his attorney, Howard Jacobs, Shlemenko denied that he ever took any banned substances, and also argued that the test results should be thrown out because the commission failed to collect a “B” sample when doing its collections, thus not affording the possibility of a confirming test.

ESPN reported that experts at the hearing stated that failure to have a second sample did not nullify the veracity of the “A” sample.

The athletic commissioners seemed to agree, showing Shlemenko no leniency.

Jan 29, 2005
PHX
Word is that Andrei is hurt a mcl injury he suffered against Browne. Jds being injured so makes the most sense. He went 5 rounds in an epic brawl against him and then just dominating and destroying hunt so it's well deserved and the most logical
As of today Werdum and his manager are trying to sign to fight Andrei.

I haven't heard anything about a MCL injury.

Fabricio Werdum's manager says they want Andrei Arlovski next | FOX Sports

New UFC heavyweight champion Fabricio Werdum and his coach Rafael Cordeiro have made it clear they want to rematch former champion Cain Velasquez, next. The fighter's manager Ali Abdel Aziz tells "UFC Tonight" that Team Werdum now believes that former champ Andrei Arlovski is the right fight to make, next.

As a popular, marketable star, Abdel Aziz believes that Arlovski makes the most sense financially. "The Pitbull" has a big name and a long winning streak.

Arlovski has won five straight fights, to be exact. Werdum has won six straight.

UFC president Dana White recently said that he plans to have either Arlovski or Stipe Miocic to challenge Werdum, next.

Werdum and Arlovski have already fought once -- back in 2007 in England. The fight was a mostly cautious affair, with Arlovski winning a close decision.

According to Abdel Aziz, Werdum hasn't been offered a fight against Arlovski yet, but the Belarusian is their choice. Though Werdum has some "bumps and bruises" that need tending to, Abdel Aziz believes that the Brazilian will be back in action before the end of the year.

RM211

Sicc OG
Feb 10, 2006
Ex-UFC champ 'Rampage' Jackson on next fight: 'Shogun' Rua owes me a rematch

Quinton Jackson has suffered 11 losses to 10 different fighters in his career. But still to this day, none of those outcomes “haunts” Jackson quite like his first-round knockout loss against Mauricio Rua in April 2005.

Jackson (36-11 MMA, 8-5 UFC) has made it clear several times over the years that he wants a second opportunity to compete against Rua (22-10 MMA, 6-8 UFC) after fighting injured in the first contest.

It’s been more than a decade since their first clash under the now-defunct PRIDE banner, and still Jackson is pursuing a rematch. In fact, “Rampage” said in a recent post on his official Instagram account that Rua “owes” him a second fight.

Follow

A lot of people asking who I wanna fight next.. I think Shogun owes me a rematch,I should have pulled out of our 1st fight but my pride wouldn't let me. I will never fight injured again,this loss still haunts me.

The first meeting between Jackson and “Shogun” was a one-sided affair for the Brazilian. Rua landed cleaner, more significant strikes in the early portion of the fight before he trapped Jackson in the corner of the ring and unloaded a hellacious flurry of soccer kicks to the face to end the bout.

Jackson has not been stopped again by strikes in his 19 fights since he shared the PRIDE ring with Rua. He’d like a shot at revenge under the UFC banner, but there are several obstacles standing in the way of his desired matchup.

The most prominent issue is Jackson’s current contractual situation. The 37-year-old beat Fabio Maldonado via decision at UFC 186 in his first UFC fight in more than two years. Prior to that he was part of Bellator, which he claims breached a contract by not disclosing pay-per-view numbers from his Bellator 120 bout against Muhammed “King Mo” Lawal.

Bellator, meanwhile, believes Jackson breached when he negotiated with the UFC and in December signed a contract with the industry-leading promotion.

Bellator won the first round of the legal fight when a judge ruled the Viacom-owned promotion had a reasonable chance of proving its claims in court and granted an injunction against Jackson. After winning a partial reversal, the ex-UFC champ then sought a dismissal in court.

Jackson remains under a general injunction after a judge ruled against a motion to dismiss. There is no timetable in place for a resolution and thus, Jackson’s next fight.

Even if the former UFC champ were cleared to compete, Rua currently has his hands full in the form of a UFC 190 co-main event bout with Antonio Rogerio Nogueira on Aug. 1 in Rio de Janeiro.

If Jackson is cleared to fight in the UFC in the coming months, though, it’s possible he could get his wish.

RM211

Sicc OG
Feb 10, 2006
Rashad Evans and Ryan Bader eye fall meeting at UFC 192 in Houston

Two top light heavyweights are aiming for an October meeting at UFC 192.

Former champion Rashad Evans (19-3-1 MMA, 14-3-1 UFC) and fellow veteran Ryan Bader (19-4 MMA, 12-4 UFC) are both interested in a fight at the pay-per-view event, according to “UFC Tonight‘s” Ariel Helwani.

UFC 192 takes place Oct. 3 at Toyota Center in Houston. The main card airs on pay-per-view following prelims on FOX Sports 1 and UFC Fight Pass. No fights have been officially announced for the card.

Bader is ranked No. 5 in the USA TODAY Sports/MMAjunkie MMA light-heavyweight rankings, and Evans is No. 6.

Evans, who tore his ACL in early 2014 and hasn’t fought since late 2013, has previously expressed interest in a fight with Bader. Before his extended injury layoff, the 35-year-old rebounded from a two-fight skid with a split-decision victory over Dan Henderson and a TKO win over Chael Sonnen.

Bader, a fellow NCAA Division I wrestler and fellow winner of “The Ultimate Fighter,” has climbed into title contention with his current four-fight winning streak. In his two most recent bouts, the 32-year-old has picked up wins over Phil Davis and Ovince Saint Preux. Although he’s been aiming for a bout with new champ Daniel Cormier, he’s apparently willing to settle for a fight with Evans.

Jan 29, 2005
PHX
Gilbert Melendez Fails Post Fight Drug Test After UFC 188

Damn, another one bites the dust. Gil got lucky as fuck he made the cut right before the new drug policy hit. He's only going down for a year instead of 3.

Props to Eddie Alvarez for beating a roided up Gilbert.

UFC Statement on Gilbert Melendez | UFC &reg - News

Following his bout at UFC 188 in Mexico City on June 13, UFC lightweight Gilbert Melendez tested positive for exogenous origin of testosterone metabolites. The UFC has a strict, consistent policy against the use of any illegal and/or performance enhancing drugs, stimulants or masking agents by our athletes. As a result of the positive test, Melendez has accepted a one-year suspension, effective from the date of the bout, for violating the UFC Fighter Conduct Policy and Promotional Agreement with Zuffa, LLC.

“Regrettably, I tested positive in my post fight urine sample for UFC 188,” Melendez said. “I did not inject anything, but I am responsible and accept the consequences for the results. I will make sure I am better educated about the products I use and their implications. Going forward I will ensure no products I use will contain banned substances. I am sincerely apologetic to everyone who supports me, including my fans, sponsors and the UFC. I value your trust and respect and will do everything in my power to keep it.”

Melendez will no longer compete as scheduled on July 15. UFC officials are currently seeking a new opponent for Al Iaquinta, who was scheduled to face Melendez.

Props: CZAR and CZAR

RM211

Sicc OG
Feb 10, 2006
Brittney Palmer's husband arrested for attempted murder

WOAH!

UFC Octagon girl Brittney Palmer's husband allegedly tossed her around like a rag doll and choked her so brutally -- he's been rung up for attempted murder ... TMZ Sports has learned.

The massive fight went down at the couple's L.A. home on the evening of June 11 ... when Brittney and Aaron Zalewski got into an argument. He had previously overheard a casting agent call her "babe" over the phone, and allegedly went ballistic.

In docs obtained by TMZ Sports ... LAPD says things got physical when they wrestled for her phone -- Zalewski noticed she was recording the argument, and during the struggle he threw Palmer, and she hit her head on a bedpost.

Brittney told cops Zalewski yelled, "Pack your f**king bags and go!" -- but wouldn't let her leave. She says he threw her down again -- pinning her face down on a mattress, with his knee in her back. She says she struggled to breathe for 2 minutes while he held her down.

And there's this -- Brittney says during the fight Zalewski scratched his own arms and yelled ... "Why are you making me do this? I just wanted you to love me."

When Brittney finally escaped the house, she called police ... around 1:25 AM on June 12. Cops arrived and busted Zalewski for attempted murder, spousal battery, and criminal threats.

He was released on $1 million bail the next day. The case is now with the L.A. City Attorney ... who will decide whether to charge Zalewski.

Celebrity Gossip | Entertainment News | Celebrity News | TMZ.com

Apr 25, 2002
I know a lot of folks don't fuck with wmma but if you do then there's a dope Invicta card tomorrow. Irene Aldana going for the BW belt. she gonna blow mma up in mesico if she wins. she'll probably go to UFC after.

plus Cyborg is defending her 145 belt. after her win she'll probably win a 135 in UFC then fight Rousey.

Apr 25, 2002
some other notable UFC chick fights this month.

7/12 The Ultimate Fighter 21 Finale
Michelle Waterson (UFC debut) vs. Angela Magana
Waterson gonna tear that azz up. all around she's one of the most skilled UFC fighters.

7/15 UFC Fight Night: Mir vs. Duffee
Holly Holm vs. Marion Reneau
gonna be a sick fight. Reneau is a legit stander and she's one of the few/couple that can actually give Rousey a problem on the ground.

7/18/15 UFC Fight Night: Bisping vs. Leites
Joanne Calderwood vs. Bec Rawlings

7/25 UFC on Fox: Dillashaw vs. Barão 2
Miesha Tate vs. Jessica Eye
either gonna be Eye vs. Rousey, or Rousey vs. Tate III

RM211

Sicc OG
Feb 10, 2006
UFC pulls Travis Browne from International Fight Week following allegations of abuse

Travis Browne has been pulled from all events during this week’s International Fight Week following social media posts by his ex-girlfriend that the UFC heavyweight has committed acts of domestic violence.

Fitness model Jenna Renee Webb posted multiple photos of her bruised body on Instagram in the early morning hours.

“Probably one of the hardest decisions I’ve ever made was walking away from this life and starting over,” Webb wrote. “I’m still ashamed for staying as long as I did. �� #domesticviolenceawareness”

Webb confirmed in follow-up posts that she was, in fact, talking about Browne. She has not confirmed if she will be pressing charges at this time.

This afternoon, UFC Senior Director of Public Relations Dave Sholler read a statement on the situation at the start of the UFC 189 and TUF 21 Finale press conference. The statement was then posted on the official UFC website:

UFC is aware of the social media allegations made against heavyweight Travis Browne. The organization requires all athletes to act in an ethical and responsible manner, as mandated by the UFC Fighter Conduct Policy. UFC will not tolerate domestic violence or any other violation of the policy. Every athlete is deserving of due process and this situation, as with any official allegations, will be duly reviewed and thoroughly investigated by an independent party. In light of this news, Travis will not be participating in this week’s UFC International Fight Week activities in Las Vegas.

The prevention of domestic violence and the education of the athletes is of the utmost importance to the organization. UFC holds its athletes to the highest standard and will continue to take appropriate action if and when warranted.

In the cage, Browne (17-3-1 MMA, 8-3-1 UFC) has been up and down of late. After a three-fight winning streak of first-round knockouts against Gabriel Gonzaga, Alistair Overeem and Josh Barnett, all three of which earned “Knockout of the Night” honors, he got a title eliminator fight against Fabricio Werdum.

But in the main event of UFC on FOX 11 in April 2014, Werdum dominated him in a five-round decision. “Hapa” bounced back later that year with a first-round TKO win over Brendan Schaub at UFC 181. But in May, despite a “Fight of the Night” effort, and having Andrei Arlovski on the ropes at one point, Browne was dropped and finished by Arlovski with 19 seconds left in the first round.

Representatives for Browne have not responded to requests for comment.

SHE'S PRETTY FUCCIN BAD BTW

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tBcTfys99x4

Joe Rogan on Travis Browne situation: "If this is true he should be cut from the UFC without a doubt, but I have a close friend who when he tried to break up with his girlfriend, his girlfriend said she was going to throw herself down the stairs, and tell the cops that he beat her, luckily Rogan's friend was recording everything she was saying. Bryan Callen adds he got into a fight with one of the girls he dated and she started yelling out the window as loud as she could, "SOMEONE HELP, HE'S BEATING ME, HE'S HURTING ME!" We have to wait for more evidence guys

Last edited: