MLK = Man of few morals?!??!?!

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 16, 2003
I personally do not believe these allegations, but here they are.

MLK = Homosexual? Woman beater? Communist?

Did he spend donated money on prostitutes? The most sordid charges about MLK's sex life, this one included, come from the FBI and can't necessarily be trusted. But there's no doubt about what one biographer calls King's "compulsive sexual athleticism." King's attitude toward women was chauvinist and often exploitative. In his 1989 autobiography, And the Walls Came Tumbling Down, King's close friend and fellow civil rights leader Ralph Abernathy writes that on the night before he died, King gave a rousing speech, had dinner with a woman afterward and remained with her till 1 AM, then came back to his motel to spend the night with a second woman. In the early morning hours a third woman came looking for King and became angry when she found the bed in the room he shared with Abernathy unoccupied. When King reappeared, he argued with woman #3 and wound up knocking her across the bed.

In his 1991 memoir, Breaking Barriers, journalist Carl Rowan writes that in 1964 congressman John Rooney told him that he and his congressional committee had heard J. Edgar Hoover play an audiotape of an apparent orgy held in King's Washington hotel suite. Over the sounds of a couple having intercourse in the background, according to Rooney, King could be heard saying to a man identified as Abernathy, "Come on over here, you big black motherfucker, and let me suck your dick." Horrors, King was gay! (Rowan thinks this was just ribald repartee.) In his account of the same episode, civil rights historian Taylor Branch attributes a couple more quotes to King: "I'm fucking for God!" and "I'm not a Negro tonight!" The FBI anonymously sent King (or, according to some accounts, King's wife, Coretta) a tape of compromising material recorded in his hotel rooms. The tape was either accompanied or followed up by a note suggesting that King should commit suicide if he wished to avoid exposure.

May 8, 2002
There's always been doubt about MLK's moral character, and some of it regarding his affairs are well-documented. That being said, the fact that he was an adulterer in no way detracts from his message or the advances he made for the civil rights movement.
No one is perfect, including MLK, but his message was flawless.

Aug 11, 2002
I remember reading something like this on a KKK website.

They claim that there's a video tape of MLK running down the street naked from a white guy who caught him fucking his white wife.

These people wanted the video tape to made public during the time that people were trying to declare MLK's birthday a national holiday, but it blocked. It was blocked from being public for about 50+ years. It won't be public until 2030.