MLB Baseball Season 07

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Nov 20, 2005
DubbC415 said:
I know it doesnt seem like much, but Arroyo is the only puerto rican in the NBA right now, and like the fifth to come out of there. he's one of the best to come out of Puerto Rico and a huge hero in his country. I know that doesnt mean much to most people, but its important. im not saying ur doing this, but to dismiss players as just another "latin", is pretty insulting, to say the least.
ah yup yup...you pretty much summed it up. he also played for puerto rico in the 2004 olympics.

~k.

Apr 25, 2002
DubbC415 said:
I know it doesnt seem like much, but Arroyo is the only puerto rican in the NBA right now, and like the fifth to come out of there. he's one of the best to come out of Puerto Rico and a huge hero in his country. I know that doesnt mean much to most people, but its important. im not saying ur doing this, but to dismiss players as just another "latin", is pretty insulting, to say the least.
He played his HS basketball in the Atlanta suburbs, but certainly is legit Puerto Rican. He was on the MyBlock Puerto Rico show, and he's got that shoe line with the PR flag on it.

Why aren't there more Latinos in the NBA and NFL? Those two sports are pretty much black and white, while baseball atleast brings in Latinos and some Asians.

May 9, 2002
xpanther206 said:
He played his HS basketball in the Atlanta suburbs, but certainly is legit Puerto Rican. He was on the MyBlock Puerto Rico show, and he's got that shoe line with the PR flag on it.

Why aren't there more Latinos in the NBA and NFL? Those two sports are pretty much black and white, while baseball atleast brings in Latinos and some Asians.
Becasue baseball is HUGE in latin countries. That carries over to the kids that have grown up in the US from their parents that were born in latin countries.

Also, futbol is the same way.

ReKz

Sicc OG
May 26, 2002
xpanther206 said:
And of course it begs the question, would Najera & Arroyo have made it to the NBA if they hadn't played their HS ball in the US?
The only reasonable answer is: maybe. An example of a Latin American player that didn't play in the US at all before going to the NBA is Manu Ginobili (he's from Argentina).