Mixing tips?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 25, 2002
I record with an Audio-technica mic.. which i got for about $50.. and use Cooledit Pro 2.0 to record. I also just ordered a behringer MX802A mixer cause that's what i can afford.. but I need some tips on mixing for a rookie. Is it better mixing through software (cooleditpro) or hardware (behringer mixer)? What effects should i be tweaking or checking for most? Any online guides for mixing? Right on..

Jun 2, 2002
www.myspace.com
If you need to make music right away and aren't serious, use cool edit pro, but get and study cubase, cause that program takes a bit of time before you get used to it, its sort of like the 3d Studio Max of Audio Programs :)

Jun 2, 2002
www.myspace.com
Young D-A-T said:
What's so different from cooledit and cubase? Which Cubase should I get what version and plugins do u guys use?
Well, there is a big difference, it would take a page of 20 paragraphs to explain in detail, so take our word for it bro and get cubase for the long run, you won't regret it. I don't know the latest version of Cubase VST, but you could find out here..

http://www.steinberg.net/en/

Peace

May 15, 2002
www.psurecords.com
every producer has secrets.. try -6 hardlimiting normalizing eq then reverb

those steps are pretty solid basics.

Oh yea from what i was told behringer is an example of you get what you paid for.. Its design is a live board and main use is for live events. Try finding a affordable tube mic for vocals...If your serious about production try looking in to a PRO recording board like Allen & heath... NOT THE ONE FOR SALE AT THE GUTAR CENTER CALED MIX WIZARD (its also a live board) Its hard to find a tru studio board anymore but they exist, dont get me wrong tho people can create good shit wit live boards.. its all basically prefrence... how i was shown just recently the guy uses all pro shit and it makes his sound cleeeaaan as fuck, good luck im a visual learner if youve heard any of my previous attempts online.. they all sound like shit.. my karokee machine produced better sound then i was doing. So trial and error isnt reccomended beacuse you risk making yourself look like a fool as i just did.. Im a visual learner and learning how to mix/master record had to be a hands on leasson... Oh well life goes on but good luck homie. Keep your dream alive..