Mitchy Slick deserves better support than he gets from his Label?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Feb 1, 2005
I'm back in the building to ask all my niggaz on siccness, if ya'll feel like I do. First let me start off by saying why I have this opinion, I first heard about Slick back in 2000-2001 from my homie who was from Lincoln that played football at Santa Monica College when we were going there. He would just play Mitch on his Radio and then eventually he came through with flyers and then the Trigeration Station sampler which I still have. He would talk to Slick all the time on his cellphone, and I always asked him what was cracking with the album and finally he dropped the album and I copped directly from the homie and got a poster.
Then the homie was talking to Slick on the cell later that day and passed me the phone and I chopped it up with for a minute and passed the phone back . I eventually lost contact with my homie, but I stayed supporting Mitch and the whole Wrongkind Fam. It's now 2007 and I've seen Slick grind and drop mixtape after mixtape and street album after street album and finally U.S.S., but he still ain't got no video play but I see all these new wack niggaz from down south( I'm not dissing the South) but ya'll know every nigga on tv from down south ain't as tight as there top niggaz like Jeezy, T.I., Ludacris etc. I said all this to say that maybe Koch could have at least got Mitch on t.v. because they get the wackest niggaz on t.v. who doesn't have half the talent he does. Maybe I'm just bias, but I just feel like Angeles kind of dropped the ball with a talented artist who deserved better than what he's gotten.

P.S. Slick do you know how to get in contact with your homie, who I met at Santa Monica who I lost contact with that I bought Trigeration from I think he said ya'll called him Slim.

Apr 12, 2005
www.freeloadmp3.com
I feel what you saying homie.I personally think that The music industry is getting harder and harder to have sucess.It costs to have a single pushed and for an up and coming label like angeles...its a big risk to spend money like that..especially when sales arent always equivelent to radio spins etc....all that radio play e-40 had 5-7 years ago he would be platinum in no time.It all comes down to are we supporting are artists? by spending a few dollars of our money on what cost them thousands to make not to even include time invested and the bullshit that comes with the game.Im sure the major labels are scratching their heads as what to do about filesharing on the web and last year we seen locally that moms and pops stores were being cracked down because of copywrite infringement issues..wich makes it a lil more harder to push..also the tower records closing....I think those who will become sucessfull will be the ones that weather the storm and embrace the internet and use some gorilla marketing techniques on the web.My final thought is..and I truly beleive this...that the major labels will probably consolidate and co brand(buy each other out) and majority of music being sold will all be online....why would you need a label then(There still are advantages but for conversation lets say..Not) distribution will fall by the wayside as well...so if you can market yourself for freee on the net distribute your own product on the net for free...you see where Im going with this...

im still tryin to find out whats funny but i feel dude i aint from s.d. but my nigg put me on to mitch in like 02 and been lookin and coppin everything he put out since. so dude got a point i rather see mitch then fabo and the alliance talk about bein tatted up shit its 07 who aint tatted up that really aint no real life to it but maybe yall wanna say lol to me to.

Feb 1, 2005
I'm keeping it 100 wit ya'll about my point of view on something, regarding one of the best artist on the west. And I'm only telling the story about my homie because maybe if I hadn't met dude I won't have heard of Slick, which led me to start paying attention to other artist from daygo that have talent too. And it's just ashamed to see such a humble dude have a hard time breaking through when niggaz who are arrogant and less diserving have made it to t.v. already.And I only know Slick is humble from talking to him that one time, and he appreciated that somebody liked his music and as he said " It was just what he had been going through" as far as what he was talking about on Trigeration.
And as far as it being funny it's not my fault that I've talked to someone who some of ya'll wish you could be.

Apr 12, 2005
www.freeloadmp3.com
I WOOD said:
I'm keeping it 100 wit ya'll about my point of view on something, regarding one of the best artist on the west. And I'm only telling the story about my homie because maybe if I hadn't met dude I won't have heard of Slick, which led me to start paying attention to other artist from daygo that have talent too. And it's just ashamed to see such a humble dude have a hard time breaking through when niggaz who are arrogant and less diserving have made it to t.v. already.And I only know Slick is humble from talking to him that one time, and he appreciated that somebody liked his music and as he said " It was just what he had been going through" as far as what he was talking about on Trigeration.
And as far as it being funny it's not my fault that I've talked to someone who some of ya'll wish you could be.
Its just a prime example of why we failing on the westcoast ..because people think they too banged out and hard .Its easier to be a dick and be negative to keep the image up then keep it real and show some real love.

Jan 10, 2004
it's not angeles records fault, thats just dj muggs new independent label, they made videos for self scientific and gza's singles that didn't get any airplay either. they probably don't even have the money for that type of promotion, and mitchy is probably making more money being on that independent label then on a major.

Dec 25, 2003
The West Coast deserves more unity, which will be unlikely to happen anytime soon...

But on the bright side, at least Mitchy is droppin a collab album with Messy Marv from the bay!!!

Mitchy has long been workin with tons of West Coast cats from Seattle to Dago......

But yeah we wanna see more people doin what Mitch is doin, instead of being stuck in their own turf or town......

Apr 26, 2006
I agree with the orginal poster. It's just the fact that times are wack, most music sucks, even Rock. If this was 94-96, Mitchy Slick would be out there on a large scale representing the West, just as Jayo Felony was. You pretty much have to make a dance hit to make it big right now, pretty fucken stupid IMO, kiddish shit. So maybe if Mitchy Slick came out with a silly dance song, he would be out there on MTV/BET. :ermm: I don't understand the thing either about people saying some don't make it big because they think their too hard/gangsta,... fuck that, back then that's all it was about, gangster shit. People are just fucking weak now, all into fashion, glamour and what not. Even slang is gay as fuck, such as "yaddamean." So-called Gangsters wearing stunnas and grills, haha, wtf. FUCK the 2000's, seriously. It's been all shit for the most part. People just have some wack ass taste these days.

Oooohhhh G-FUNK, where did you go? :(

Jan 31, 2006
www.MUZiKiNGZ.com
if that nigga had a major budget to fuk wit major producer jus to get on.. the shit is capable of blowin.. gotta expand n fuk wit them niggaz but gettin the contracts how they want em or hustle up that money as a investment in ya life instead of material shit that will come from puttin ya ends into them big productions

El D

Sicc OG
Mar 7, 2006
USS is a masterpiece fuck whoever downloaded it you should blame them not the label

even tho they could've pushed it a lil bit harder