mistah fab - ghost ride baned from mtv

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Mar 6, 2006
After much scrutiny from the national news networks and beating a possible banning by MTV, Mistah F.A.B still can't shake the controversy surrounding his video "Ghost Ride It".
Columbia Pictures, the studio who owns the rights to the Ghostbusters movie franchise, threatened legal action because the video showcases the "Ghostbuster's" car and logo, among other similarities. Columbia has demanded the video be pulled from all media outlets including television and the Internet...

Mistah F.A.B's introduction to controversy began this past December when the media linked F.A.B.'s video to two tragic deaths connected to "ghost riding". The video for F.A.B.'s regional break out single, "Ghost Ride It", was already shot and MTV seriously considered banning the video due to pressure from the media. After 52 edits, the video found itself on MTV2's "Unleashed", MTV Jams "Jam Of The Week," MTVU and finally made it's way onto MTV's "Sucker Free Countdown". The unedited version had 600,000+ views on "YouTube" just weeks before Columbia Pictures sent F.A.B. a cease and desist letter.

Mistah F.A.B. is currently readying an independent release from Favea Afta/Thizz/ SMC Recordings. The album, "Da Baydestrian", will hit streets May 15th. The release will serve as a prequel to "Da Yellow Bus Rydah", which will mark F.A.B.'s major label debut with Atlantic Records. The album is set for release later this year.

found this on worldwideconnected.com

Mar 8, 2007
But didnt they give him the rights to use that car in the video... ?!?!? I saw him on the CNN interview and I think he carried himself well.. he didnt come across like an idiot...

Oct 16, 2006
www.reverbnation.com
shit if you think about it, it could help him....banned anything = alot of attention
...still hella gay tho... whatever happened to our freedoms as americans?
Now we cant even watch a music video because its the same car as a movie from the 80's??? come on now...Wack!

Mar 4, 2006
I think Fab will bounce back also. I just think a lot time was wasted with this video now that it got banned. But like the person above said it could cause more attention towards FAB.

Oct 16, 2006
www.reverbnation.com
sassy707 said:
isnt he the "freestyle king" what happened to the hype behind that?
Fabby'll still bust flows... but the mainstream doesnt care about freestyle as much as other mainstream... look at the freestyle cats that got big... Eminem, Cassidy...both hadda do club shit an gangsta shit (basically mainstream) to get famous... freestyling alone wont get you too far... Look at Jin, he's dope, but if he could drop a solid cd things would be differant.

May 4, 2005
That song is garbage, stop with the retarded bus riding. That makes no sense, who in the hell wants to ride on the top of their car unless you are a complete moron. Its a bad influence.

Oct 16, 2006
www.reverbnation.com
SoilSavy said:
That song is garbage, stop with the retarded bus riding. That makes no sense, who in the hell wants to ride on the top of their car unless you are a complete moron. Its a bad influence.
...so he's a moron for that, but you have the sick wid it pig in ur sig... so does that mean its differant that E-40 chanted 'ghost ride the whip!' in tell me when to go?...its no differant

Its the bay area, Ghostriding is part of the culture... If u dont like it, dont do it then square!...(not intended just for you, speaking in general)

Mar 8, 2007
he aint doing that bad.... he just got a Mercedes CLS and paid cash... so freestyle king or not... yellow bus ridin or not.... he is still makin $$$$$