Mighty Morphin Power Ranger morphs into an MMA fighter

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Mar 12, 2006

Yahoo! News

Jason David Frank, who was once a Mighty Morphin' Power Ranger, is now trying to use his super powers to turn into a mixed martial artist.

The former action star from the hit series "Mighty Morphin Power Rangers" has officially made the move to mixed martial arts, and while training with UFC lightweight Melvin Guillard, he hopes to make his real fighting experience as successful as he did on television.

Frank is hoping to fight as soon as possible.

"I was supposed to fight in 2007, but it fell through. In truth, I've wanted to put the work in until I'm ready," Frank said in an interview from the Suckerpunch website. "I know I have a target on my back. Everyone is going to want to beat up the Green Ranger."

And this is the moment where I weep for MMA.

Frank may just turn into a great fighter, though it's doubtful considering that he is 35 and worried about signing a management team before trying to schedule a fight. But this just furthers the notion that MMA is a fad, and can be used as a publicity stunt for someone with a flailing career. Considering that Frank's last acting job was a 2007 direct-to-video film called, "The Junior Defenders," he clearly needs a career boost.

At the same time, the beauty of MMA is that there is no hiding in the cage. When pretenders have tried it out in the past, they've been shown the floor of the cage, very quickly. Right, Jose Canseco?

Aug 7, 2003
on a side not, when this shit was at its most popular state. i went to target with the fam and wanted a power ranger. the only one they had was the black ranger. thats like a lil girl wanting a barbie and getting stuck with the black version.

Jan 18, 2006
i always wonder what be happening to these actors. It doesn't even say his age, he has to be in his 30's.

Jul 18, 2004
WWW.MYSPACE.COM
on a side not, when this shit was at its most popular state. i went to target with the fam and wanted a power ranger. the only one they had was the black ranger. thats like a lil girl wanting a barbie and getting stuck with the black version.
fuck u nigga ..u kno the black ranger was the only one hittin the yellow & pink ranger backstage after scenes

Nuttkase

not nolettuce
Jun 5, 2002
at the welfare mall
ummm no. believe that is late 80's baby shit. i rember when it got big i was like 8 at the time. 90's were like 3. aint no 3 year old watch power rangers.
Late 80s babies are more or less 90s babies.

If you dont remember anything you did in the 80s, you are a 90s baby straight up. So that's more or less like 87-89, maybe 86 too.