Midi or Triton?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 15, 2002
www.psurecords.com
Im upgrading a few things cleaning house... I had a question for those who can help i appreciate it.. Im looking in to midi or a full blown triton with cd burning capablities.. which is better for beats in your opinon? Im undecided and gotta send my order out this weekend so please holla if you got some good advice and reasong between the both..

Thankz for your time.

Aug 12, 2002
Midi is just a protocol that synths and sequencers and keyboards use to communicate information such as which note to play, how hard the key was struck, etc. Thus, a Triton has midi capabilities. Almost every synth produced after 1983 has midi capabilities. I think you might be posing the question, "Should I get an all in one workstation like the Triton, or should I get a separate sequencer and a sound module or two?" As for that, I'd probably lean toward the later, since it would probably be cheaper and allow you to upgrade cheaper later on.

-=bumpus=-

May 15, 2002
www.psurecords.com
I cant... im in the process of owning a house... im cashing out studio equipment, after using a credit card to gain a credit history... im 21 so everything in my past has been cashed out. I want to make good choices beacuse once im locked in a morgage payment i cannot upgrade so im tryin to get the best i can afford off the jump..

Which one do you think can supply a better aresnal of beats for the long run?
LMAO:classic:

Apr 25, 2002
THA_206 said:
I cant... im in the process of owning a house... im cashing out studio equipment, after using a credit card to gain a credit history... im 21 so everything in my past has been cashed out. I want to make good choices beacuse once im locked in a morgage payment i cannot upgrade so im tryin to get the best i can afford off the jump..

Which one do you think can supply a better aresnal of beats for the long run?
LMAO:classic:
The quality of your beats is heavily influenced by your own musical ability so there is no piece of gear that can garauntee you will have hot beats.

Are you more of a player or a programmer? If you are a player then go with something you can really sit down and play. If you are a programmer then you need something thats geared more towards programming.

If I had to make a general recommendation between either an MPC, a computer or a Triton, I would probably recommend the Triton because it's an instrument you can actually play and it can do pretty much everything the other two can do.

Apr 25, 2002
Re: OR

THA_206 said:
Korg triton 88 key w/cd burner built inside for mix down.. both have burners on them for quick direct access.
The cd burner comes standard an MPC 4000. It's an option on the Triton Studio.

I don't know if it was a Korg promotion or a Guitar Center promotion but for a while you got the cd burner free with the purchase of a Triton Studio. The offer could still be running.

I have a Triton Studio with the cdrw option and I can't begin to tell you how much of a convenience it is. Especially when you do a lot of sample editing in computer software and then need to dump to the Triton.

May 15, 2002
www.psurecords.com
Thanks for the advice.. I appreciate you takin the time to hit me up with some good detailed feedback. Ive heard a lot of positive things about the triton so i think thats a real good choice that wont need to be updated later to a better keyboard. I dont know anything about midi.. theres not much info available on it. So thats why i asked. I am goin with the keyboard tho.. Its all arround a sound investment.

May 15, 2002
www.psurecords.com
Mr. D-Sane said:

You'll be back on here in a week asking how to make beats! Watch.
What the hell is layer, reverb tone and rhythms and the wheel on the side used for? :classic: Na just playin ... I got a keyboard.. A diffrent one tho. Hopefully it supplies enough heat. Im tryin to go for a diffrent sound then everyone else. I just want orignal sounds. Im not really concerned with midi right now even though the board i got has somethin to do with it as a controller.. I dont have much extra time to go and research it eather, i'll have to ask someone later about it.

*also its just a $599 +sh so it should be simple enough to learn on.. then ill upgrade once i feal ive taken it to its depths.

May 7, 2002
Triton is cool... But unless you tweek and know how to add to the base platform you will sound like 1,000,000 other Triton Owners.. As with my Motif I know there will be artists with the same sounds out there.. Swiss Beats ripped sounds of the thing... So what do I do... Go online and get custom sounds from everything... Triton, Fantom, MPC samples treaked on the MPC, then dump them into the Motif... Custom tweaked sounds as well...

Sep 7, 2002
^^^
Thats a really good point.
Why dont producers beat makers or whatever, actually take the time and create their own sounds with the MOSS engine???

I cant stand those fuckin presets

May 15, 2002
www.psurecords.com
The keyboard i just got has midi in out assighnable jack and headphones jack.. simple real setup. Thanks for the posts and links to where to find more info on midi. So the next step you suggested is a midi bank and sound modulation station... correct?

Also anybody got good feedback on products they used that are working good for them?