memphis rap history!!!!!!!

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Eunuch

Thotlamic Prophet
Feb 19, 2006
Thotronto
also a semi memphis apprectiation page. i'm not from m-town so i can't really start this thread at all but just initiate the thread. i'm posting this cause m-town been grinding and hustling this rap shit for years and to me the originators of this CRUNK/GET BUCK shit that atlanta is having success with now. all i know alot of lil crews were affilated with each other and later were enemies. m-town likes to sample the triggaman beat and everlasting bass in almost ever song. m-town likes to keep alive the art of poppin and lockin. sampling of local or own songs to be used in other songs. lotta the groups started out having evil sounding songs or just satanic like lyrics. dj's like blackout or archiebald head like to scratch in their productions, which is a dying artform in most rap songs now and its nice to hear that shit in non-hiphop backpacker tracks. m-town also one of the places that started the snapping(fast rapping style) in songs. m-town truely blazed the trail for MIXTAPES back in the 90s. i dunno what else. i ain't the one who is best to be the memphis rap historian so anyone else please take it from here.

Nov 13, 2004
Eunuch said:
also a semi memphis apprectiation page. i'm not from m-town so i can't really start this thread at all but just initiate the thread. i'm posting this cause m-town been grinding and hustling this rap shit for years and to me the originators of this CRUNK/GET BUCK shit that atlanta is having success with now. all i know alot of lil crews were affilated with each other and later were enemies. m-town likes to sample the triggaman beat and everlasting bass in almost ever song. m-town likes to keep alive the art of poppin and lockin. sampling of local or own songs to be used in other songs. lotta the groups started out having evil sounding songs or just satanic like lyrics. dj's like blackout or archiebald head like to scratch in their productions, which is a dying artform in most rap songs now and its nice to hear that shit in non-hiphop backpacker tracks. m-town also one of the places that started the snapping(fast rapping style) in songs. m-town truely blazed the trail for MIXTAPES back in the 90s. i dunno what else. i ain't the one who is best to be the memphis rap historian so anyone else please take it from here.
Yeah I'd have to give yall that crunk shit cuz ATL was on some Shawty Swing it My Wasy miami bass shit. Memphis artist were the first "I" heard doin it mainly 3-6.

Mar 22, 2006
definitely memphis was the originators of the movement but the atl stole the sound and called it there own. there was basically bass music coming out of the atl for most of the late 80's and 90's. other cities in the south need to step up there game and realize atl ain't the only city. prop your own shit otherwise atl will steal the sound and call it there own.