Memphis Drama Volume 3 "OZ"

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 11, 2002
I picked this up a few months back. Its kinda tight. The only sone that stood out to me was "Anna Off Ya Chest" by "OZ". Does anybody have any info about OZ? If they have any CD's out? Thanks.

i've done an interview with him a while ago...peep it you should find the infos you need about him...

and yeah to me this cat is way underrated, he got hella talent, lets hope that King JC gonna let him shine soon with a solo album on playalistic records....

"rest without peace" is aight, but check out that jct 187 humboldt (i heard only 100 copies of it were printed on CD but you might be able to find mp3's), this shit is AMAZING

Sup OZ? Can you introduce yourself to the fans?
This OZ Da White Mane Maliki from Humboldt Tenn.

-How many tapes have you released?
Through-out the years I done dropped 4 tapes, but one of em is no longer available Pimpin Da Pusse. I aint even got my own copy of dat tape. But Up Outta Da Trunk and Rest Without Peace are both available right now for order, Plus my JCT.187 is available thats my latest project besides the one Im doin now wit King JC.

-Which are the ones you prefer and why? Can you describe each of them a little?
I really feel JCT 187 cuz its the hardest shit I got. Rest Without Peace is aight. That was my first big release, DJ Trick did most the tracks on that one. Up Outta the trunk is old I put that out round 94 or
95 DJ Trick produced that whole album.

-You come from Humboldt ,TN ,how is it living there?
It's straight Im like a celeb round dis birtch. Everywhere I go folks sweat me cuz they know I got a
deal wit Playalistic and they wanna get down. Its just like Memphis up here only smaller, but the same thangs go down up here like slangin, Pimpin Bangin you know da business.

-Are there any other rappers in Humboldt?
Hell yeah, we got K Dog, Drunk Monk lots of rappers but most the rappers up here stay in Jackson which is a few miles down the road from where Im at.

-Who are your influences in this rap game ,what artists do you really feel?
I aint gonna lie it aint no one out there that can touch me and Villian so I don't have time to listen to anyone if it aint us. Im just glad I got wit a tight ass label that can keep up wit my shit.

-When did you start rapping and how?
Round 93 or so I started featuring on DJ Tricks shit cuz he had a major deal back in the day. He use ta feature me on his shit then everyone started askin about when I was gonna do an album so me and Trick got together and started doin my shit.

-When and How did you hook up with KING JC and Playalistic entertainment?
I met King JC back in 97. He use ta come up to Jackson to DJ Tricks studio I think he was recording his Kingzday album at the time. I use to come in after he would leave and Trick would let me hear his music, I was like dis fool is tight as hell. I use to ask Trick if he could hook me up wit JC, So one day when JC came down Trick invited me over to his studio and I met him. He was with a rapper named Lil J and they were both diggin on my shit. I would show out but JC use ta always say at the time he couldn't work with me cuz he had too many other folks tryin to get there shit finished. it use ta piss me off back then but it's cool now. JC went down to New Mexico in 98 but he kept in touch with me
the whole time he was down there so I always had respect for him cuz of that. Finally in sept. of 2000
he hit me up and told me he was movin back to Memphis. He hooked up with me and Villian and we signed wit Playalistic. Right now Villian on hold while he get his shit together but Im ready to go. Im workin on a new album With King JC and Im ready for everyone to check it out.

-What all have you been featured on?
I was featured on Down South Ballin' Vol. 2 with King JC and DJ Trick I did some other shit with Indo G, I was on 3 songs on Insane Mane's album. I did shit with The Taylor Boys, Yo Lynch from The Project Playas, King JC & Lil J, DJ Trick, Da Villian and a bunch of local rappers from up here in Jackson

-Why haven't you hooked up with that many memphis artists to be on their tapes in the past?
I've done alot of shit with Memphis rappers you just gotta listen out for me. on some of those tapes the quality was kinda bad and I didn't sound like I do now. I could have been on alot mo shit but alot of Memphis rappers are full of shit and hard to deal with. I was suppose to be on some of Tommy's new shit, Plus some of Fly's shit but they never got back at me and I aint got time to wait on none of dat bull Shit.

-How did you hook up with the legendary Memphis rapper Da Villian and do you plan to release some more songs with him?
I met him through Indo G, DJ Trick and King JC use ta do alot of Indo G's
production. Indo just never gave them the right credits but they did most of the tracks on Ghetto Troopaz, They did some of the tracks on Angel Dust, anyways Da Villian came to Jackson to tricks studio with Indo one time he was lovin the way I flowed and wanted to hook up. So we did and we been rap partners since. we got a group together called The Damonites. We gonna drop a project after my solo junt drops. King JC already told me he was excited about it.

-How would you describe your music for the people who don't know you?
It's the hardest tightest shit you'll ever hear. My lyrics are hard and fast Im down with Trick and JC
so you already know the tracks are fire. You gotta hear it for yourself, make up your own mind on what you think of it.

-What areas do you sell the most tapes or cds in?
Mainly up here in Humboldt and Jackson, but thanks to King JC Im movin some units in Memphis
and through his catalog now.

-What are your future plans with King JC and Playalistic?
My album should be comin out this summer it's called He who Walks Behind The Rows.When That album drops it's Over. Playalistic will be the next lable to rock the nation. no one ever heard any shit like what Im bout to drop so be lookin out cuz We takin over diz Birtch!

-Any last word?
Thanks for the interview, yall keep bumpin dat Playalistic Underground Shit, If you gonna order my shit from King JC's catalog order JCT. 187 Humboldt it's some real classic Underground shit.
Your guaranteed to luv dat junt, if not King JC will refund your money HA! IM OUT DIZ BIRTCH!

May 11, 2002
Thanks For The Info......I'll try to find a CD by him. Anna Off Yo Chest is a tight track. He has talent. Datfrenchmane......Thanks for the interview.