Melky Cabrera traded for SF Giants for.....

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Aug 26, 2002
WWW.YABITCHDONEME.COM
....southpaw starter Jonathan Sanchez and pitching prospect Ryan Verdugo

Can the Giant fans tell me anything about these two??

Cabrera had a career year for Royals last year. I am of course wishing him the best but also hoping the Royals Capatilized off of it with this trade. I am looking for my young Royals squad to compete in the next 2 years for the division.

Feb 8, 2006
Sanchez is very inconsistent

might have a 10k outing 1 ER
next outing 5 er and 7 walks pulled in 5th inning

Mar 12, 2010
dont know if this is necessarily good for the giants i think short stop was the bigger issue that needed addressing especially if we were shopping sanchez out there. cabrera is pretty good hitting in kc's ball park but just look at how hard it is to hit in sf it is a major adjustment. the wind knocks many homerun balls down and right into outfielders gloves hopefully he makes adjustment because he obviously has the tools to do some damage but we shall see

Mar 24, 2006
dont know if this is necessarily good for the giants i think short stop was the bigger issue that needed addressing especially if we were shopping sanchez out there. cabrera is pretty good hitting in kc's ball park but just look at how hard it is to hit in sf it is a major adjustment. the wind knocks many homerun balls down and right into outfielders gloves hopefully he makes adjustment because he obviously has the tools to do some damage but we shall see
melky isn't a homerun hitter though. he'll get extra base hits in your park just like he did here.

Mar 12, 2010
melky isn't a homerun hitter though. he'll get extra base hits in your park just like he did here.
hitting the gaps in sf is key that ball park is windy and kills alot of really good hit balls. and that is where i said there will be a major adjustment. you could hit one on the screws into the gap and the balls gets pushed by the wind right towards the defender in the outfield. sf ball park is a horrible place for any hitter just ask beltran it took him a while to adjust and for him to see how that ball park plays. which is another reason why when bonds and kent were hitting the ball so well there why it was sooo amazing at&t is truely a pitchers best friend.

Aug 26, 2002
WWW.YABITCHDONEME.COM
Man I don't know.

Melky was very impressive last year. I wasn't big on it when they signed him, espcially cause we had Lorenzo Cain down in Triple A. But he just kept letting his bat and glove do all the talking.

KC silently had the best outfield in the Majors last year (defensively)

I really hope Cain becomes what Melky was. I know he is faster but I am more-less talking about his bat. Either way, sounds like a decent trade for both teams. But KC needs this pitcher to do well.

DubbC415

Mickey Fallon
Sep 10, 2002
Tomato Alley
melky is a less than average defensive outfielder too...but like it was said before, he had a career year and i hope he continues it. since im a fan of both teams itll be interesting to see how this works out...royals working on bettering their pitching, and they have cain to start in CF...and the giants have improved their hitting.

edit: and im guessing this means the royals wont be resigning bruce chen

Mar 24, 2006
i wouldn't call him a less then average outfielder at all. easily above average imo. dude was near the top of the AL in outfield assists and he made a hell of alot of nice grabs out in center for us last season.

Aug 26, 2002
WWW.YABITCHDONEME.COM
melky is a less than average defensive outfielder too...but like it was said before, he had a career year and i hope he continues it. since im a fan of both teams itll be interesting to see how this works out...royals working on bettering their pitching, and they have cain to start in CF...and the giants have improved their hitting.

edit: and im guessing this means the royals wont be resigning bruce chen
They better resign Chen. If they don't that would be WRONG. He has only been our best pitcher the last 2 years.........

Dayton Moore on 810 this morning said they are going to continue looking for another pitcher.