McGregor vs Mayweather 8/26/17

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 25, 2002
You are giving Conor all of these advantages without even seeing him box professionally, over elite boxers. You haven't seen what his power is like with 8oz gloves or his speed or even his stamina (it's a different pace with shorter breaks so none of us know how his boxing stamina is). Other than some clips with a shot Paulie in sparring, you're basing all this on his MMA which is totally different.

im basing it off fighting not boxing, not mma. purely fighting. if Cotto or Alvarez got into a street fight, it wouldnt be a boxing match, itd be a fight. of course Alvarez and Cotto would default to what they train. assuming dude on the street aint some college wrestler or some drunk mma fighter, Cotto and Alvarez would both be able to keep the fight standing and impose their will. its not a boxing match cus theres no rounds or rules. one licensed boxer involved. thats where im starting. your starting at the word boxing. i dont give a fuck about his power. thats not something i boast and its not something unique he brings to the table within modern boxing. i never said glove size was an advantage for Conor. thats a boxing advantage, regardless of size. i never said he was the fastest guy. but he does have speed and reaction time. thats why he counters. the match is a different pace but its still 1 minute rest break. champion mma fights have 5 rounds, champion boxing has 12. mma 25 minutes, boxing 36. mma rounds 5 minutes. boxing 3. number of mma breaks, 4. 11 breaks for boxing. 1 minute break for everybody. i dont see those types of rules being an issue more than the pace of the rounds, but one fighters gonna dictate that regardless. i dont give a fuck about the Paulie video. all i know is a retired out of shape modern ex champ who had nice ring iq got some black eyes from a guy the boxing community said would never have a chance with even a decent amateur. thats funny. other than that, i take nothing from it. i base my belief about Conor cus of his stance/style. i didnt really see any of that in his video so all i really saw was 2 guys fuckin around.

How do you know Conor switching from southpaw to Orthodox would give Canelo problems? How could you come to that conclusion? Is there a fight where Canelo struggled with a swtich hitter?

the southpaw aspect moreso than switching to attack from orthodox. how many southpaws has Canelo (a ko artist) fought professionally? out of those, how many did he ko? how many did he go the distance? how many were close decisions? this is basic boxing theory. stand up fight theory in general, but professionally trained boxing theory since the beginning. there's less left handed people in the world, which then means there's less left handed boxers. which means you dont professionally fight (or train for) too many left handers, thats why its always an aspect up for discussion within upcoming boxing matches. you understand this typa shit already.

Canelo is a boxer-puncher, but a counter puncher by nature. He prefers guys coming to him. He's not very agressive unless his target is a sitting duck.

"Canelo might even produce more power". This isn't even a question since again, this is boxing and in order to have tremendous power like Canelo in this weight class you have to have a lot of experience and good punching technique in boxing with 8oz/10oz gloves. You can't simply assume because Conor has good power in MMA with MMA gloves that it will translate into boxing.

Canelo isnt aggressive like Cotto was but he still plays aggressor and leaves him self open to counters. its not like he brings his glove back hella fast to cover whats exposed and he puts a lot into his punches. Conor would be a sitting duck to any professional boxer. look at his stance. thats not a sitting duck to a boxer? any boxer who wouldnt almost immediately attack would be a boxer who doesnt understand what he's lookin at and doesnt want an L. the boxers who immediately attack dont respect and dont think an L or any damage is possible.

power is power. your puttin too much on it. Canelo probably has god givin power by nature. he could probably ko somebody without proper torque. him with proper torque is obviously extra powerful. its not about from mma or mma gloves to boxing. its about power by nature and torqe to boost it. Canelo and Cotto aside, you cant just say boxer A has a more powerful hook then Conor cus of the torque technique. it doesnt guarantee you're going to have more power then Conor, it just guarantees your offering the maximum you can offer.

You're saying Conor's wide Boxing stance gives him an edge over Cotto, because his stance makes him "able to throw certain shots to certain areas", you have some examples of this in boxing? All you're saying is about Conor's angles and stance giving Cotto/Canelo problems but that same stance is what will also allow Cotto/Canelo to exploit him. It's not like he's some defensive wizard, we've seen him hit, rocked and hurt:
i never said Conor's wide boxing stance. i never even said Conor has a boxing stance. i said Conor would be fighting a boxing stance, Cotto. Cotto's stance (boxing) allows for certain shots to certain areas. examples? Cotto's shot selection from his career.

i believe Conor's style would be effective, you believe it would be exploited. ok. thats that. who said he was a defensive wizard tho? Floyd aside, name someone on the highest level of boxing who hasnt been hit. non sense. are you going to say "well they got hit by professional boxers"? non sense.

This is just a little jab by Diaz, who doesn't have a jab like Cotto and Canelo which is a massive weapon in boxing that you haven't even mentioned:
i know its a massive weapon. personally i think its underutilized in mma but its getting there. i didnt mention it cus to have an effective jab you have to understand your distance. from Conor's lead foot to chest position is a different distance than what Canelo and Cotto are used to training for. they have to cover more distance tryna jab Conor who has good reaction time and can hit counter angles boxers dont hit cus his foot position and all the touchbutt shit he does. Nate doesnt have a jab like Canelo and Cotto. look at all 3 from stance to pop. Canelo and Cotto looks way more alike from stance to pop than Nate. thats cus a Nate stance is he puts his lead foot hella forward and slouches over hella. he also has a big ass reach and calculates distance hella good. the only stance/distance/style that ever gave Nate an issue was Conor. Nate been hit way harder, but no style ever gave him more issues. Nate's used to going against professional boxing stances and different types of mma stances. so yeah, their jabs are nothing alike. i didnt mention them for a reason.

I think you're massively ignoring the technical difficulty involved in boxing, taking what you've seen work for Conor in MMA and make a big assumption that it would work against elite boxers in boxing.

Again, having a wide sideways stance in boxing isn't that unique and a guy like Cotto, an Olympic fighter who fought around the globe with over 200 fights has seen a lot of "foreign" styles. Any elite boxer has similar backgrounds.

its not just about stance. its how you use it. Conor might say he has a karate stance, but he doesnt attack off it like a karate champ. barely any of his actual attacks would be classified as karate. he built himself to be the fighter he thinks is the best, thats all. he likes that stance. im makin as big assumptions as you are. but boxing fans like you are just like older mma fans who hate anything under 155 lbs and hate womens mma. your stuck on what your were brought up with and wont see past it.

Feb 10, 2006
who cares. the fight is going to be a snoozer Floyd's style and Conor's lack of experience only means there will be a shit load of holding and a shit load of shit talking and a shit load of standing there looking at eachother not doing shit. Floyd by decision. Watch the Cotto fight it will be a whole lot better. Thank me later

Apr 25, 2002
Look at the money Conor is about to make in boxing. Conor would've never been in MMA if he could beat the likes of Canelo/Cotto in boxing. He'd be a superstar commanding a ridiculous amount of money per fight.
who's makin money in boxing? out of how many "elite" boxers?

boxing money is more than mma money but thats litterly cus a handful of boxers out of thousands. Conor made more in each of his last 5 fights then every boxer in the game aside from barely a handful.

HERESY

THE HIDDEN HAND...
Apr 25, 2002
www.godscalamity.com
www.godscalamity.com
49 boxers couldn't get it done. No matter what you think about Floyd he has beaten people who will go down in boxing history. You can say they were past their prime or whatever but if Conner were to fight them when Floyd did I'd go with them. Pac, Mosley, Cotto, JMM, Oscar, Canelo, Hatton and Judah. They couldn't get the job done. Berto, Ghost, Ortiz, Maidana, etc. They couldn't get the job done. Conner? WON'T GET THE JOB DONE.

50-0. THE BEST BOXER OF OUR ERA.

HERESY

THE HIDDEN HAND...
Apr 25, 2002
www.godscalamity.com
www.godscalamity.com

boxing money is more than mma money but thats litterly cus a handful of boxers out of thousands. Conor made more in each of his last 5 fights then every boxer in the game aside from barely a handful.
A couple of people on the undercard tonight are making over $500k. Didn't Connor get his first million dollar purse with the second Diaz fight? Based on the last year Stevenson, Ward, Wilder, Kovalev, GGG, Canelo, Thurman, Pac, Lomanchenko, Garcia, Crawford Hopkins, Pac, Fury and others made more than he did. But he talked his way into this beating, and $30 million, so I'm not mad at him.

May 4, 2002
49 boxers couldn't get it done. No matter what you think about Floyd he has beaten people who will go down in boxing history. You can say they were past their prime or whatever but if Conner were to fight them when Floyd did I'd go with them. Pac, Mosley, Cotto, JMM, Oscar, Canelo, Hatton and Judah. They couldn't get the job done. Berto, Ghost, Ortiz, Maidana, etc. They couldn't get the job done. Conner? WON'T GET THE JOB DONE.

lol, when i asked dude at work today if he was watching the fight, he said almost word for word what you just said......

but ended with "im not paying $100 to see that bullshit"

Aug 31, 2003
www.ebay.com

1. I wasn't comparing Conor's money to any current boxer. 2. If Conor was a boxer at a level where he could beat guys like Canelo & Cotto and was a lifelong boxer with his same mouthpiece he'd have made an insane amount of money - that's not arguable.

Bernard Dunne a few years back would've made over a $1M against Israel Vazquez if he didn't get smoked by Poonsawat in a mandatory fight and Dunne wasn't close to elite - he literally had one great fight and that was it. A white Irish fighter with Conor's mouthpiece as an elite boxer would unquestionably break the bank.

Aug 15, 2003
Of the SENIC CITY
McGregor Is Going To "Flat Earth" Mayweather, LOL wish I could of been there tonight in Vegas I would have told everyone where to find the "Official Flat Fucking Earth Thread" and why it was important to where Mayweather will be laying onto tonight.

Apr 25, 2002

thats why i asked an opinion about his last 10 opponents cus thats pretty much Floyd's greatest era. im not sayin Conor will get it done. im just sayin i see tools that are outside the training of boxing. 49 boxers couldnt beat him cus Floyd understands boxing stances and movement like no other boxer today. Canelo is a good counter striker cus he understands boxing movement better then his opponents and has better reaction time, aside from Floyd. next level shit. Floyds just gonna have to read Conor's movement. maybe his style seriously throws him off. maybe Floyd never gets hit and finishes Conor or completely toys with him for 12 rounds. but i think if Conor manages to get off any damage or real hits, or have any offensive or defensive success against Floyd, i think boxing coaches around the world will study each point of success. i doubt any boxing trainers take him seriously at this point. only boxers im seein give Conor any kind of success is Jessie Vargas, Mikey Garcia, and Chris Eubank. all sayin basically Conor cant box, he has to fight, basically.

Apr 25, 2002
A couple of people on the undercard tonight are making over $500k. Didn't Connor get his first million dollar purse with the second Diaz fight? Based on the last year Stevenson, Ward, Wilder, Kovalev, GGG, Canelo, Thurman, Pac, Lomanchenko, Garcia, Crawford Hopkins, Pac, Fury and others made more than he did. But he talked his way into this beating, and $30 million, so I'm not mad at him.
he made a few mill starting with the Mendes fight cus of ppv. then aldo. then he started upping his purse and selling more ppv's. i dont know what he made in 2016 but there's very few boxers that beat it.