Maschine Is The Cat's Tits

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

BASEDVATO

Judo Chop ur Spirit
May 8, 2002
^ I think you need the controller... to use the software.

I'm pretty sure you could sure you could use the controller for other softwares though. I think if this thing had an actual midi in/out, i'd be sold.

maybe a usb to this type midi converter would work, but just a lot of hassel

I still have sound racks and thinks that would be nice to sequence, I don't want to jump from program to program to make a beat.

I'm hoping we some good stuff in the updates, If they make this there flagship in a year our so it might actually be the mpc killer... I'm keeping my eyes out

GHP

Sicc OG
Jul 21, 2002
i use the controller in logic and in reason, works fine and if you have the time you can reconfigure the buttons and knobs in machine to control just about every kind of software you than think of. Time consuming but i'm sure it would be nice once you get it working

GHP

Sicc OG
Jul 21, 2002
It would also be extremely tight if there was a better layering function where you can play more than one voice at a time within a given group

some sort of a modeling synth would be great too.

Mar 17, 2006
It would also be extremely tight if there was a better layering function where you can play more than one voice at a time within a given group

some sort of a modeling synth would be great too.
Yeah, as you probably know the 1.6 update is coming any day now which will include a pad-link feature for pad layering AND, the big one, VST/AU support, YAY!

It's fuckin' game on then, we will be able to make full-fledged production end to end in Maschine, period.

I finally got around to checking into using it as a controller for Live 7 & 8 too, I had no idea that the 2 screens would switch to Ableton-specific functions too, I pretty much though it just mapped the pads, knobs and buttons but it does so much more with the screens interacting.

STRATEGY

BASEDVATO

Judo Chop ur Spirit
May 8, 2002
I ended selling my yamaha rs7000, and decided on the Akai Mpk25 instead of Maschine... Mainly because i'm using live as my daw, with komplete 6... i thought the maschine woulda been overkill...

the vst update may be the mpc killer now finally

GHP

Sicc OG
Jul 21, 2002
I've been waiting on that 1.6 update badly any word on when its due to be released? Once the vst support and full audio interface support you'll have pretty much a full on DAW.

GHP

Sicc OG
Jul 21, 2002
1.6 public beta testing now available. I saw a couple of videos the vsi integration is crazy, you can control parameters of the vsts in maschine too. I'm gonna wait till all the bugs are worked out and hold off till the official release is out but it looks nuts.

GHP

Sicc OG
Jul 21, 2002
Maschine 1.6 is out now! NI even hooked me up with a free digital copy of Komplete elements!