martinez might have tear in shoulder

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

askG

Sicc OG
Nov 19, 2002
one of the fat cats in bostons management suspects that pedros arms has a tear and thats why the heat hasnt been there as of late...thats according to the new sports illustrated...martinez says everythings cool though.

what do you ppl think...he topped 94mph about 4 or 6 times in 2 games...breaking pitches is basically all he threw when zimmer attacked him...whatsup with my man?

May 8, 2002
look they found a small tear in Pedro's shoulder 2 YEARS AGO. that was a couple of seasons ago when he broke down and missed at about half the season. the 2001 seaso. he only made about 15 starts.

that was the last season that i ever seen him top 95 MPH. for the past 2 seasons he has topped out at around 92 on good days and 86-90 on other days.

now in that 7th inning against the yankees was the first times in ages that i ever seen him top 95 MPH. and after the fight against the yankees at Fenway that was the first time also in a long time that i ever seen him top 94.

Pedro still is in my opinion the best pitcher in MLB but not being able to throw that 98 MPH rising 4-seemer has taken alote away from him.

and being that he is only about 5'9 doesnt help much. his body/shoulder cant take the punishment that a Ryan/Clemens/Johnson/Schilling/Charlton/Drysdale body can take. and one must expect that Pedro might only have a couple of great seasons left in that small body.

i mean even Pedro's older brother Ramon (Dodgers) had shoulder problems and he was alote bigger than Pedro. but after undergoing surgery he was never the same.

the same way you can tell if you go back and look at Pedro stats you will see that in the last two years the K-rate just isnt what it used to be