March 13 -Warner Brothers is Remaking Stephen King's It

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jul 25, 2008

Inspired by the success of the Friday the 13th reboot, Warner Brothers has decided to remake Stephen King's It for the big screen. The 1990 version of It (that was actually made for TV) has often been referred to as one of the scariest movie of all-time. Lin Pictures and Vertigo Entertainment are developing this new version as a fresh adaptation from Stephen King's original novel. Dave Kajganich, of The Invasion and Creek as well as the upcoming Pet Sematary remake, will write the script. These rights have been floating around Hollywood for a while, but it was Warner Brothers who decided to finally give it another chance.

First published in 1986, Stephen King's It follows a group of kids called the Losers Club that encounter a creature called It, which preys on children and whose favorite form is that of a sadistic clown called Pennywise (played by Tim Curry in the original). When the creature resurfaces, the kids are called upon to regroup again, this time as adults, even though they have no memory of the first battle. While the novel was set in 1958 and 1985, this remake will be set in the present day. Out of all the classic horror movies that I thought would be remade, It was not one of them. That creepy clown will be back to torment kids again!

Oct 2, 2006
i bet this shit is dope... they better make it BETTER than tha first... if thats possible... but with technology... this could be one of the scariest movies i've ever seen....
Yea hopefully they can pull it off and make it way better than the original. The original was cool but kinda corny. Todays technology should eliminate that corny element.

May 2, 2002
now THIS is a good movie to remake!

Why is this a good movie to remake?
1) the original sucked.. miniseries for network tv usually do
2) the story is great.. anyone thats read the book can vouch this statement
3) budget.. going back to number 1, network tv doesnt usually have big budgets for their miniseries. and if this movie gets a decent budget, it could be something great. just depends who they get to direct.

WayCide-Ridah

Evergreen Hustlah
Sep 13, 2005
Tha Eva Green
man, I watched that shit when I was like 6, 7 years old....took me weeks to wanna take a shower or take a bath......but shit, I liked curry as the clown that foo was wicked n' shit. don't know if you can make the original better besides the ending....