Manny Ramirez Retires

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Chree

Medicated
Dec 7, 2005
Manny Ramirez Retires
By Ben Nicholson-Smith [April 8 at 3:18pm CST]

Manny Ramirez has retired, Major League Baseball announced. MLB says it notified Ramirez of "an issue" under its drug program and that the longtime slugger decided to retire instead of continuing with the process.

Ramirez would have faced a 100-game suspension if he hadn't retired, because he tested positive for a banned substance, according to Bill Shaikin of the LA Times (on Twitter). It would have been his second major drug-related suspension; he was suspended for 50 games after a positive drug test in 2009.

Five games into his one-year, $2MM contract with the Rays, Ramirez's brief tenure in Tampa is over. He went 1/17 with a single and an RBI, getting booed by his own fans in the process. The Rays did not anticipate this development.

"We are obviously surprised and disappointed by this news," the club said in a statement. "We will have no further comment on this matter."
ees Rumors

Sep 15, 2009
Lol what an idiot. As much as hate the Red Sox and never liked the Indians, I was always a big Manny fan. He was one of the best defensive players and best hitters in the game. Lol jk about his defense...only reason his defense was awesome was because he was always a defensive blooper waiting to happen. He cut a ball off in center field, that's all I gotta say hahahaha!!

His career is all tainted now, but then again he played in the steroids era. It is what it is

Jan 18, 2006
dude was raw, he only played with the Dodgers for about 3 seasons. If Giants fans hate him cuz of that that's to bad, he was a monster at the plate. I personally loved him cuz he was the Yankee killer

May 6, 2002
He didn't really retire, he just said that.
He will come back and play as soon as he can cooperate with the testing. They already said he can come back. Just needs to clear his blood out, then go back into MLB without steroids. No reason to stay, get tested, suspended and fined. Just leave and come back later.

Rossibreath

triple og from the sbp
Sep 1, 2005
Menasha
He didn't really retire, he just said that.
He will come back and play as soon as he can cooperate with the testing. They already said he can come back. Just needs to clear his blood out, then go back into MLB without steroids. No reason to stay, get tested, suspended and fined. Just leave and come back later.
not true, if he applies for reinstatement he will have to sit out 100 games before he's eligible to return.

May 6, 2002
not true, if he applies for reinstatement he will have to sit out 100 games before he's eligible to return.
That's a little over half a season. Not a big deal at all. He will be on vacation during that time. The guy can easily grab over 10 million for a season and a half. No one is just going to retire from making that kind of money for having dirty blood.

Jan 5, 2006
dude was a threat at any count.. i hated playing against him. But glad he didn't sign with the Giants, that season he re-signed with The Dodgers, he got caught up with the female fertility drugs to try and mask the steroids he was cycling off of. That would've added to the steroid cloud over the Giants organization, especially with the whole Balco/Barry Bonds vs. U.S. Government trial.

On another note:
It's funny how Barry had like 16 counts and got it down to 4 counts, his lawyers sure are making the U.S. Government look like fools.

Jul 21, 2002
Oklahoma
www.youtube.com
If Albert Pujols is found having taken steroids, I'm literally never watching baseball again. Virtually every slugger since I've followed baseball since I was a kid has been cheating, not to mention the best pitcher of this time in Clemens. Pujols would be the straw that broke the camel's back for me

Cut-Throat

Bob Pimp MOBBEN!!!
Apr 25, 2002
That's a little over half a season. Not a big deal at all. He will be on vacation during that time. The guy can easily grab over 10 million for a season and a half. No one is just going to retire from making that kind of money for having dirty blood.
do you follow baseball??? how do you figure he can get 10 million??? he barely gotta 2 million dollar contract this year and started the season on fire goin 1-15... hes done, you will never see him play major league baseball again...

May 6, 2002
do you follow baseball??? how do you figure he can get 10 million??? he barely gotta 2 million dollar contract this year and started the season on fire goin 1-15... hes done, you will never see him play major league baseball again...
Yes I follow baseball, just not so much on the salary level.
I just assumed he made more than that. You always see old players singing big one year contracts because no one wants to sign them long term.

I still think he will be back.

Jan 12, 2006
If Albert Pujols is found having taken steroids, I'm literally never watching baseball again. Virtually every slugger since I've followed baseball since I was a kid has been cheating, not to mention the best pitcher of this time in Clemens. Pujols would be the straw that broke the camel's back for me
lol @ you if you dont already know pujols is taking roids. just look at him that guy is a machine. Also lol @ David Ortiz becoming shit once manny first tested for roids. i bet he got shook and said fuck that i need to get off them too before i get caught up!