Man, gangsta rap is so "yesterday".

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 7, 2002
Obviously the title of this is sarcastic, but what I mean behind it is not... I used to be amazed and still am amazed by the opressed storytellers who spat in the years of the past... The majority of those men sold their souls to fucking dead presidents... and I don't mean they just ran up on some money and embraced it... sure, why not... but no, they aren't who they were... the money has changed them, for the worse...

And all these up and coming people on the scene, THIS scene, are just fucking WACK for the most part... you can't ever touch the likes of... say... NWA or Lynch (of the past when speaking of the latter, because in my opinion... all of lynch's new shit is EXTREMELY WACK these days.)... Its funny when you hear all these wisecracks about every suburbanite kid thinkin he can pick up a mic and rhyme today, but its just as funny when you see that every fool on the streets tryin to rep the streetlife thinks he can pick one up too...

Those who have achieved greatness in gangsta rap were very intelligent people... and dropped serious science... even if it was in a crude way... most fools today drop stuff the equivalent to dog shit, rhymewise and beatwise...

Wheres that closepin... this smell is gettin unbearable...

May 23, 2002
LYNCH IS WACK THESE DAYZ ????

HMMMMMMMMM AND HE SIGHS AND SAYS GET A GRIP LYNCH IS STILL COLD AS HELL I GUESS EVERYBODY HAS THERE OWN OPINION U KNOW

i kinda agree
dont get me wrong theres still some tight shit but nothing can touch what used to drop in 96 ,until 98 i'd say..
underground scenes dont even exist anymore..
take richmond or sacramento ,most of the cds from there that were released in the 94-98 period were tight ,what is dropping nowadays from there?
rappers are getting wack ,seems like they dont give a fuck bout MUSIC anymore.

all of them sound the same ,simple ass beats ,sorry lyrics ...
they make noise ,not music..

the only bay album i heard recently that sounds like some BAY shit is ADR from apt.3 and that was last year...

May 7, 2002
exactly what I mean frenchmane...

The shit I've heard from lynch... even on LOADED up til some of the stuff he's done now... I call CRAP compared to 24 deep and SOTS...

He really let me down... but obviously, you guys are still into him so whatever... guess he did somethin right...

May 7, 2002
Yea, but you're right there forty... he still definately beats out NELLY... But I'd rather to listen to much more before lynch nowadays or nelly...

Oct 29, 2003
i think its also cuz we gettin older now. in the late 80s early 90s ''gangster rap'' was just comin out and it was new and somthin diffrent. man i still listin to scarfaces old stuff and shit just brings me back, and i would like a new artist to come out just as raw, but i dont think its going to happen. alot of these fools are in it just for the money and fame. i think this whole BLING BLING thing has people minds fucked up.......oh yeah i dig LBI, but a few songs on it are week, i aint going to lie.

Jul 24, 2002
www.soundclick.com
SiccMicc,

I kinda feel you on this one.
Gangsta rap is played out when you look at how many artists come out now days claimin to be gangsters.

We all know they're lying....
That, "I'll kill your whole family" shit gets old real quick.

I don't know. Maybe it's just me. I know a lot of cats still love that gangsta shit (including me) but when it comes down to puttin some shit together myself. I can't do it, I can't get in the studio and glorify gangsta livin....
I feel it ain't nothin to be proud of.
The way I look at it, if you a gangster, then stick to gang bangin.
But if you're a rapper, then stick to rappin....

People just need a little imagination. Shit.... You can tell a story about a gangster or some shit. You can tell a story about some cannibal shit. You don't have to be the killer or gangster yourself.
Use some creativity....
It doesn't even have to be about this shit. You can rap about anything as long as you come tight....
Just don't rap about what everyone else is rappin, specially if you rappin about a lifestyle you ain't never lived....

May 15, 2002
Back then, rap was real as fuck! They might not've "did" all the gangsta shyt they talk, but its what they "seen" growing up. Im tired as hell of all these people who never even seen the streetlife, pickin up mics and thinkin they can rap. To me, rap was meant as a way for the struggling people in the hood to get rich, because those were the only people gettin rich off of it. Now a days, those who talked bad about rap when it first came out, theyre the main ones trying to pick up a mic and claim they had such bad surroundings. Suburban mothafuckas claimin they got it hard in rhymes....smh.

HOOP

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
Countdown City, TX
www.afewleaves.com
yeah man...

•After Blocc movement dissapointed me, I kinda stopped buying CD's...At least as far as Gangsta rap goes...
I mean, I still buy Lynch and shit, but it;s more for my collection...
i used to buy almost all tha albums that dropped outtah sac, and try to collect all tha older onez that I didn't have, but after Lunasicc went to Luni, and how Bloccmovement did not really live up to my expectationz, I just keep listenin to my old shit...

•Your right...After 98' Gangsta rap kinda died, because that scene kinda died too...But shit, from 94-96, it wuz hard to find an album outtah sac that DIDN"T succ...Shit, almost everything I have from that time iz bumpin hard as fucc!!...lol...

•I mean, don't get me wrong, there are still gangs and gangsta shit going on, but not as much...So maybe that's reflected in tha rap scene too...

•Nowadayz, it's all about pimp & playa shit, right??...And honestly, I really ain't intah being some big "playa"...Now, i just bump all my old shit, and Sade & Stevie Ray Vaughn & Rage Against tha Machine...

•I mean, here's a great example- C-bo had ah show here in Denver just tha other day, and i didn't even know about it until I got tha message from Curbie ah couple of dayz later...Shit man, C-bo come here in 98, and i'm knowin about it ah month before tha show...

•I dunno man, people change, and so doez muzicc...

But yet and still, my favorite album in rap iz still-

Aug 7, 2002
i think rap is just rap, talk about what chu wanna talk about and if it's tight then people gon buy ya shit..about killin they whole family thang that aint lyin' it's called rappin about the reality...people who rap about gangsta livin n shit and killin, in real life they might not be killin but they got that gangsta shit flowin in them still. but yeah i agree gangsta rap is deadddd been dead since 98, i mean i still bump lynch siccmade cuz they da only ones keepin it up..see wha lynch zagg be rappin bout ion give a fuck if they don't really do that shit or not I like there shit so imma get it...but my favorite album still is Loaded...

May 7, 2002
"Back then, rap was real as fuck! They might not've "did" all the gangsta shyt they talk, but its what they "seen" growing up. Im tired as hell of all these people who never even seen the streetlife, pickin up mics and thinkin they can rap. To me, rap was meant as a way for the struggling people in the hood to get rich, because those were the only people gettin rich off of it. Now a days, those who talked bad about rap when it first came out, theyre the main ones trying to pick up a mic and claim they had such bad surroundings. Suburban mothafuckas claimin they got it hard in rhymes....smh."
-------------------------------------------------------------------

You don't need to see the streetlife to pick up a mic and rap... if you want to come with some gangsta rap, then yes, you're right, but hip hop is a genre of music... it is defined by rhyming over breakbreats usually at a fast pace... I've grown up in suburbia, and from 2nd grade til like 8th grade I listened to NOTHING BUT RAP, when I was about 13-14 I started writing shit... the worst shit you'd ever seen... I'm 18 now, still into the music, and making music...

Just because I never witnessed the STREETLIFE doesn't mean I can't participate... I don't rap about how hard I have it when I do write shit... There are definately some who do "claim they have it hard in rhymes" who live in suburbia... and well... all I can say is... off with there heads...

But don't try to limit a genre of music to one group of people man, thats just not right... if people come creative with it, they got just as much right to do it as the next man... you know?