making beatz?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Dec 29, 2006
i wanna learn how to make beats...i didnt purchase any equipment yet but imma get a mpc and whats a good keyboard to buy with it for a starter kuz im tired of that fruityloopz shit ....

any suggestionz

Apr 26, 2006
There ain't nuthin' wrong with FL Studio if ya know how to use it right.
True and if he can't get the hang of FL, then he probably won't get the hang of an MPC + other hardware units. FL is retarded easy to use, yet very flexible and effective if you know what the fuck your doing. If your just fiddling with the built-in sounds and synths, then obviously you just fucking up. Find yourself some good quality sounds (especially percussion), and good plugins for synth sounds & acoustic sounds like guitars, piano, etc... The ones built-in FL are just too cheap sounding, I think their there just for the fact that the program will be empty if they weren't and just to get you started with how things work like tutorial reasons and what not. I say strip the fuck out of the program of all the wack shit and put in your own quality stuff.

GHP

Sicc OG
Jul 21, 2002
I've heard people sound like dog shit with an mpc and a workstation its all about knowing what you have and using whatever you have to its fullest ability. Actually knowing how to play an instrument helps too

Apr 25, 2002
An MPC is nothing more then a sampling drum machine with a midi sequencer in it. If you get a workstation, you get all that plus a keyboard and synth engine. The ASR10 is sample-based so no synth engine but there's tons of soundsets you can get for it and it's easy to hell to learn to use.

You can get plenty of good cheap boards if you buy used... I think an MPC+keyboard is a waste of money these days but you gotta decide what's right for you.

Jun 12, 2007
www.mybeatshop.com
Hmmmmm

I got some friends of mine that ain't got shit and use fruity loops and make beats that's ill as fuck. Honestly it's all in your cranium, I mean if you sit down and say hey I'm going to make a platinum track and you keep that state of mind, 99% -100% your going to have something good with just mouse and PC. On the other hand if I was you I would get a top shelf MIDI controller such as - http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/UF60/ and a copy of reason 4 - http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/Reason4/ . As far as sounds theres sound's out the ass top quality shit on the net for free or little to nothing, I'm talking you can get all the "Moog Shit, Virus Shit, Roland Shit etc and with the click of the button load them all into reason. No cables at all "BOOM" you got the vintage shit all there in refills. You can do anything dawg I mean I can use thor is reason 4 and make any sick ass Leads, Basses, Synths I want and people I do the track for is like "WOW" where the fuck did that come from. And with the power or "Rewire" shit it's limitless. But thinking you cant do shit with just FL and a PC is just well not using your "Cranium" lol. Hope that helps ya!!!

Dec 29, 2006
I got some friends of mine that ain't got shit and use fruity loops and make beats that's ill as fuck. Honestly it's all in your cranium, I mean if you sit down and say hey I'm going to make a platinum track and you keep that state of mind, 99% -100% your going to have something good with just mouse and PC. On the other hand if I was you I would get a top shelf MIDI controller such as - http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/UF60/ and a copy of reason 4 - http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/Reason4/ . As far as sounds theres sound's out the ass top quality shit on the net for free or little to nothing, I'm talking you can get all the "Moog Shit, Virus Shit, Roland Shit etc and with the click of the button load them all into reason. No cables at all "BOOM" you got the vintage shit all there in refills. You can do anything dawg I mean I can use thor is reason 4 and make any sick ass Leads, Basses, Synths I want and people I do the track for is like "WOW" where the fuck did that come from. And with the power or "Rewire" shit it's limitless. But thinking you cant do shit with just FL and a PC is just well not using your "Cranium" lol. Hope that helps ya!!!
i have reason 4 too but how you load all the drums and stuff onto it

Jun 12, 2007
www.mybeatshop.com
Ok Heres How It Works

The easy way to do it is use the redrum my personal favorite for patterns etc. Click the small box in the redrum that looks likes a small folder and browse to your sample folder or refill your wanting to use. After that you basically just do that until the redrum is filled up with your samples your wanting to use to create your patterns. Now it gets more advanced when you use the pattern sequencer at the bottom of the redrum "The small white buttons" instead of the main sequencer to draw patterns. The reason for this is because say you want a certain pattern at the start of a song and switch at the first verse then back again that's where switching patterns in the main sequencer comes in kinda like automation. That's just the start of redrum dawg it's just so deep and can make hardware sick when used correctly. If I was you I would learn reason 4 very well and spend all that cash on a bomb ass MIDI controller, reason, vintage refills and big fish audio samples - http://bigfishaudio.com/ the best in the industry dawg. After that your all set to hit the business!!! :cool:

Nov 10, 2004
True and if he can't get the hang of FL, then he probably won't get the hang of an MPC + other hardware units. FL is retarded easy to use, yet very flexible and effective if you know what the fuck your doing. If your just fiddling with the built-in sounds and synths, then obviously you just fucking up. Find yourself some good quality sounds (especially percussion), and good plugins for synth sounds & acoustic sounds like guitars, piano, etc... The ones built-in FL are just too cheap sounding, I think their there just for the fact that the program will be empty if they weren't and just to get you started with how things work like tutorial reasons and what not. I say strip the fuck out of the program of all the wack shit and put in your own quality stuff.
Now some of the plugins like sytrus and simsynth. I gots shitz loads of soundfonts and and all of the major producer drumkits. But the key is the mixer. If you use the mixer correctly, you can modify even the basic kits that come with FL studio and make them boom clap boom boom boom clap. Some of my beats have 70+ patterns by the time I'm done with them.

FDS

RIP DUKE BROTHERS
Jan 29, 2006
get a fantom or a motif keyboard, there both great with great sounds. ull be spending almost 2k on either of them, and both already have sequencers and samplers so u dont need an MPC for anything, only reason u would want one would be if u had both keyboards, and wanted 2 sequence with sounds from both keyboards. If 2k sounds like too much to you, get reason 3 or 4, those are both great and they are easy to learn and shit on fruity loops.

Nov 20, 2007
Now some of the plugins like sytrus and simsynth. I gots shitz loads of soundfonts and and all of the major producer drumkits. But the key is the mixer. If you use the mixer correctly, you can modify even the basic kits that come with FL studio and make them boom clap boom boom boom clap. Some of my beats have 70+ patterns by the time I'm done with them.
how do you use the mixer in fruity loops

Sep 24, 2005
soundcloud.com
Just start messing around with it, i'm not sure how it works now, but i used it a couple of years ago, all you had to do was, each channel had this green thing at the top, that was the fx routing. Just pick a number on there, go to ur mixer, find that number, and start adding effects, eqs, etcs.

Dec 5, 2007
get a fantom or a motif keyboard, there both great with great sounds. ull be spending almost 2k on either of them, and both already have sequencers and samplers so u dont need an MPC for anything, only reason u would want one would be if u had both keyboards, and wanted 2 sequence with sounds from both keyboards. If 2k sounds like too much to you, get reason 3 or 4, those are both great and they are easy to learn and shit on fruity loops.
Don't watse money on a fantom or a motif ,jus sample the sounds from someone who gots one...that's what I did.