Main Attrakionz & Green Ova Music

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

0R0

Girbaud Shuttle Jeans
Dec 10, 2006
BasedWorld
in other news i finally listened to rebel musik 2 & i think it was more consistent than the 1st. the highs werent as good as tracks like tears of a clown. bad news & 1st offense tho. they're already working on #3 since pepp came out to oakland recently.

Props: DubbC415
May 9, 2002
Trying to do a bit of catch up myself. I DL about 20 albums of theirs, which is a fraction of their catalog. Most of it, IMHO, is nothing to get excited about. A few of their releases are stellar. The Shady Blaze albums, for the most part, are pretty garbo. Which is a shame, becuase he is dope on the mic. His beats do him no justice.

May 9, 2002
that song is pretty dope. 100s is super talented
I disagree. Dont get me wrong, i do like his album...but i noticed on several occasions, he couldnt even rhyme. Like, they words he tried to rhyme werent even close.

And i dont know how big people are into personnas, but 100s is not really a pimp. He even self admitted this to Vice last year. I dont care, but just a quick tidbit.

DubbC415

Mickey Fallon
Sep 10, 2002
Tomato Alley
^^^i dont think he's the best rapper ever, no, but i think out of this group of new young rappers he's got an ear and a talent for making catchy, original music that isn't fucking weird and a gimmick. I know the pimp persona thing is not really who he is, but it doesn't detract from the music for me.

I went to a DJ Quik/Suga Free concert last year and 100s opened and I was up at the front of the stage getting hyped up, smokin a blunt and saying all the words. given the old-ass crowd that was there and had never heard of 100s, some young ass bitch came up to me and asked me if I WAS A RAPPER FRIEND OF HIS. like if I was "with him." She was half-interested because she thought I was like his hype man or some shit. I was confused at first and like "what? no I'm just a fan." and she goes "but you know all the words." yeah i know all the words, im a fucking fan, im at the concert. thats not WEIRD. its MORE WEIRD that your automatic assumption is that I'm his hype man or a rapper in his "Crew" you dumb ass 90's baby. godDAMN i hate our fucking generation. Why is the first thing she assumes that I'm his "rapper buddy?" (her words)

0R0

Girbaud Shuttle Jeans
Dec 10, 2006
BasedWorld
And i dont know how big people are into personnas, but 100s is not really a pimp. He even self admitted this to Vice last year. I dont care, but just a quick tidbit.
Sidenote: I knew this & don't really care one way or another it's just music, but rappers really can't win regardless when it comes to stuff like that. If you don't do everything you rap about, you're fake & a poser. If you do, brag about it & get caught, you're dumb for not leaving that stuff behind. This is the only genre that does this too lol.

0R0

Girbaud Shuttle Jeans
Dec 10, 2006
BasedWorld
^^^i dont think he's the best rapper ever, no, but i think out of this group of new young rappers he's got an ear and a talent for making catchy, original music that isn't fucking weird and a gimmick. I know the pimp persona thing is not really who he is, but it doesn't detract from the music for me.

I went to a DJ Quik/Suga Free concert last year and 100s opened and I was up at the front of the stage getting hyped up, smokin a blunt and saying all the words. given the old-ass crowd that was there and had never heard of 100s, some young ass bitch came up to me and asked me if I WAS A RAPPER FRIEND OF HIS. like if I was "with him." She was half-interested because she thought I was like his hype man or some shit. I was confused at first and like "what? no I'm just a fan." and she goes "but you know all the words." yeah i know all the words, im a fucking fan, im at the concert. thats not WEIRD. its MORE WEIRD that your automatic assumption is that I'm his hype man or a rapper in his "Crew" you dumb ass 90's baby. godDAMN i hate our fucking generation. Why is the first thing she assumes that I'm his "rapper buddy?" (her words)
To be fair most people at a Quik or Sugafree show have prolly never heard of him & aspiring rappers will have their friends in the audience trying to hype up the crowd. She prolly just thought he was a random who paid to be on the bill.

DubbC415

Mickey Fallon
Sep 10, 2002
Tomato Alley
i get that no one is gonna know who he is, but he was the last opener, right before Quik came on. I just hate bitches at rap shows lol

my problem is not really with her assumption, its with her reaction in that its more weird that i wasnt some hype man. Like kids nowadays think they know everything, and this bitch knew nothing. step the fuck back

Gas One

May 24, 2006
Downtown, Pittsburg. Southeast Dago.
100s is fucking dope.

his verses on activator = woooo

i was on the freeway saying that shit word for word and the way his verses were put together made me smile, i was in the car like

i like that!

but once again music isnt made for everyone and its perfectly normal for one person to like something that another dosent, or for someone to like something more than another person does

hes got the type of music i feel completely comfortable playing with all my windows down no matter who passes by me

i didnt know 100s had shit to do with green ova tho maybe he dosent and it was just randomly mentioned?

i fucks w mondre tho its cool he follows me on twitter i think cuz we both sip lean tho

Last edited:

0R0

Girbaud Shuttle Jeans
Dec 10, 2006
BasedWorld
i didnt know 100s had shit to do with green ova tho maybe he dosent and it was just randomly mentioned?
i remember his 1st verse was on some green ova shit, i forget what exactly. pretty sure joe wax was doing shit with green ova before ice cold perm too.