Madden Or NFL 2K4

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

witch one is better?

• Madden 2004

Votes: 30 81.1%
  • NFL 2K4

Votes: 7 18.9%

• Total voters
Jul 24, 2002
www.soundclick.com
NFL 2K4, Hands Down!!!!

EA's just sellin a name with no game....
Reminds me of Sony....

2K4 has added more realism, so gone are the excuses that Madden is supposely more realistic.
Madden's pace is too damn slow compared to the real deal....
And the controls are poor compared to Sega's games....

Aug 4, 2003
something i found on another message board

May 13, 2003 - Football fans, you got a second? I'd like to introduce you to someone I think you'll like. He has all the qualities your looking for in a friend, good looking, fun, and just the right amount of attitude to keep you on your toes. He was around last year, but for some reason, you just never gave him a call. Sure he doesn't have all the loot of some of the other players out there, but if you give him a chance, I know you won't be disappointed. His name is NFL 2K3, ever heard of him? I didn't think so, and that's the problem. Because as fun as he is, it's still lonely sitting on the shelves watching some guy named Madden getting fondled and taken home like a rock star while all our boy 2K can do is collect dust. But this year is going to be different. With a snazzy new name like NFL 2K4, an edgier attitude, and even more emphasis on having fun, this year it's his turn to be taken home. At least, that's what Sega's banking on.

You see, when you're outsold at a pace of about three billion to one by your biggest competitor, well, you know you've got some work (and some explainin') to do. But 2K's here to let his game do the talking for him, and when we're talking game, we mean our boy's got a serious case of superstar written all over him.

Sure, last year there were some valid complaints. Wide receivers dropped way too many passes, the gameplay was too difficult on default, too easy on easy, and the menus were more confusing than trying to tell the Gramatica brothers apart in a photo lineup. But this year, the emphasis has changed. Forget new features for a second, Sega promises polish. Sega promises no bugs or money plays. Sega promises wide receivers who catch the ball and defensive backs who try to knock the pigskin loose, a new difficulty setting, and simpler menus ala their arch nemesis Madden. Sega also promises over 1,000 new animations including sideline catches, and all new tackling animations from gang tackles to defensive players shoving ball carriers out of bounds.

But back to the new features because no matter how much anyone talks polish, when it comes down to 4th and goal, what counts is what's new, not what's old that's been fixed. We know how you think, we think the same. And what's new this season is significant. Significant enough to make even die hard Madden gamers take notice, and that's the plan.

The most noticeable new gameplay feature is nicknamed The Charge. If you simply want the man with the ball to run faster, you can continuously tap turbo and watch him scoot down the field. But if you're looking for something a little flashier, a little more Barry Sanders and a little less Jerome Bettis, then you're in for a treat. Instead of tapping turbo, you can hold the button down and watch as the icon below your player charges. Once it's full, you can then pull of a variety of special moves from jukes to spins and stiff arms. What makes this ability so cool isn't necessarily the single move on its own, but the fact that you have the ability to seamlessly chain special moves together. So as you're running down field and hit the spin button, in mid-spin you can hit the stiff arm button and as you come out of your spin you will then stiff arm the defender trying to take you down. To top it off, you also have a variety of advance jukes at your control utilizing the right analog stick. You can dance right and left like Charlie Garner, and even pull back on the stick to jump back out of the reach of diving defenders.

Other gameplay enhancements include added pre-snap controls on defense where you can alert your defensive backs to play tighter or looser coverage, move linebackers closer to the line before the snap, and even choose to move units of players (DBs, linebackers, D-line) as a group or individually. Offensively, one of the main improvements involves the new no-huddle offense interface. While running back to the line of scrimmage, instead of having to call an audible for the next play, you'll be able to cycle through a list of plays on the screen, making it quick and easy to set up the play you want. You'll also be able to utilize on-the-fly substitutions with the simple press of a single button. What this means is that at the play calling screen, you can hit a button and switch your running back to the third down back or move a speedy receiver into the slot without having to enter a separate menu. This will work great for teams like the Raiders who have a lot of options at each position, but if you're the Bengals, well, your lack of depth will appear even more evident.

The biggest transformation, though, comes in the overall look and visual style of 2K4. Gone are all the confusing menus in favor of new and improved streamlined menus that appear very un-Sega like and actually pretty simple to navigate. In addition, Sega has added hundreds of high-res cutscenes throughout the game, showing everything from cheerleaders shaking their pom-poms to kickers warming up on the sideline. And while the ESPN license wasn't utilized to its fullest last season, don't expect them to act like actual NFL referees and make the same mistake twice. ESPN will be everywhere, from the music to the SportsCenter sets. All of the stats feature the identical look of espn.com, instead of just slapping up player pictures, each pic will be accompanied by full bios just like the games seen on Sunday night. Other highlights include picture-in-picture replays, and yet to be announced ESPN talent to handle NFL Countdown and NFL Primetime wrap-ups during your Franchise season.

Speaking of Franchise mode, 2K4 will feature multiplayer and multi-team franchises. But now you'll be under more pressure from the team owner to win games. Basically, at the beginning of your franchise, the owner will give you a series of goals. If you're the 49ers, it might be to win the Super Bowl within three years, if you're the Lions, it might be to win six games. Along the way, scouts will tell you about upcoming opponents, trainers will e-mail you about player injuries, and assistant coaches will tell you if you need to make any gameplay adjustments. Complete your goals, and the owner will give you a whole new set. Fail, though, and you're liable to get your ass fired. If you do manage to make it to the Super Bowl, however, expect the biggest big game celebration ever seen in a video game. We're talking Blue Angels buzzing the stadium, presentation of the MVP trophy after the game, really special moments to help elevate the look and feel (not to mention the reward) of playing in the Super Bowl. As a bonus, you'll also be able to export your franchise team for play in a quick game.

If you're not a franchise player, there are still plenty of other features to get you excited about the upcoming season. At the team select screen, not only can you select the default teams and rosters, but you can actually hit a button and the computer will randomly draft a fantasy team for you to play as. If you don't like the lineup, hit the button again until you're happy with the players picked. Players will also be able to hold their own fantasy draft identical to the one found on espn.com. You pick a quarterback, receiver, running back, a receiver or a running back, a tight end, a kicker, and an entire team defense. When you're done, the computer will randomly fill in the rest of your squad. This should make every two-player game a lot more spirited as you actually had something to do with selecting the players running out on the field. It will also showcase your knowledge (or lack there of) of current player abilities in the NFL. But 2K4 isn't just limited to the current lineup of players. The game also features an extended list of all-time great teams, and this season you'll even be able to edit the names of every player on the classic teams, finally giving you the ability to add names to the no-name defense.

NFL 2K4 will also be online for both the PS2 and Xbox this season with a promise to eliminate cheaters who try to force you to quit in order to gain cheap victories. This season all players will only have a limited time in certain menus, and there will be separate cameras between players so that if you go into the gameplan screen, you're opponent won't be able to see what you're doing. Other features planned include leader boards, tournaments, and voice chat and keyboard support for the PS2.

If that wasn't enough, 2K4 will also offer a tutorial mode for those gamers confused by the intricacies of X's and O's as well as a dictionary of football terminology to tell the not-so-hardcore why a tight end isn't necessarily something reserved for Buns of Steel on DVD.

Impressed? You should be. But you should've felt that way last season as well. So pick up a copy of NFL 2K3 and get used to the gameplay, then get ready for the update come football season this August. If not, the 2K football series might go down as the greatest series of games no one has ever played.

Which one will you buy?

Jul 24, 2002
www.soundclick.com
^^^^
People give into EA's hype just as they do to Sony's PS2 hype.
I just wish they would give 2K4 an honest and unbiased try.
It really is a superior title....

Take this into consideration, back in the 90's when the Madden games were actually good, Visual Concepts was making the games for them....
I don't think EA has been able to reproduce the gameplay of it's 2D games into 3D.
Madden is not that bad, but I think EA's done the best they can do. But Visual Concepts has succeeded in what EA can't do. And that is to reproduce the speed of the old 2D football games into 3D.... I love Visual Concept's football games, they went back to their roots with the 2K games.
It's a damn shame people are sleeping on this....

Blame EA and their deceptive ads.
But oh well, all blame doesn't fall on them as most people are fallin for this shit....

Aug 4, 2003
miggidy said:
^^^^
People give into EA's hype just as they do to Sony's PS2 hype.
I just wish they would give 2K4 an honest and unbiased try.
It really is a superior title....

Take this into consideration, back in the 90's when the Madden games were actually good, Visual Concepts was making the games for them....
I don't think EA has been able to reproduce the gameplay of it's 2D games into 3D.
Madden is not that bad, but I think EA's done the best they can do. But Visual Concepts has succeeded in what EA can't do. And that is to reproduce the speed of the old 2D football games into 3D.... I love Visual Concept's football games, they went back to their roots with the 2K games.
It's a damn shame people are sleeping on this....

Blame EA and their deceptive ads.
But oh well, all blame doesn't fall on them as most people are fallin for this shit....
dont worry im gonna try 2k4

Jake

Sicc OG
May 1, 2003
Go

i buy both,i just prefer madden,because ot teh realism,despite what most ppl think,when i play the 2k series and my guys dive 10 yards right at the guy with the ball like a homing missle and you can cut and go the oppsite direction with no hesitation,or animations to go with it,or when you throw a slant route and the ball hangs in the air like i am throwing a long bomb,i dont see the realism that everybody talks about,and all i ever hear about madden is its too slow,cause you cant say shit about any other part of the gameplay,cause its solid.2k is still fun,in its own right,i mean,it dont stop me from playing it,i just think the realism argument is pushing it a little far,everybody that knows real football,knows madden is more realistic.i used to be a madden hater when i had 2k on dreamcast,then when i played madden 2001 for ps2 it was over,i liked the gameplay alot better,thats all it comes down to,just a matter of what type of gameplay you like,but i think most real football fans that know football play madden
________
Lamborghini athon specifications

Aug 14, 2003
MAN FUCK NFL2K IF YOUR INTO THE ARCADE GAME FUCKIN BUTTON MASHING NO FUCKIN TALENT PLAY, GO NFL2K. IF YOU ACTUALLY KNOW WHAT YOUR DOING AND U DONT JUST DO RANDOM ASS SHIT AND YOUR A BALLIN ASS MUTHA FUCKA LIKE ME PICK THE REAL WINNER. GO MADDEN 2004

B

Blackjack 1577

Madden is way better no doubt!!!! You just gotta get used to it to like it.

Jul 24, 2002
www.soundclick.com
stressfacta said:
MAN FUCK NFL2K IF YOUR INTO THE ARCADE GAME FUCKIN BUTTON MASHING NO FUCKIN TALENT PLAY, GO NFL2K. IF YOU ACTUALLY KNOW WHAT YOUR DOING AND U DONT JUST DO RANDOM ASS SHIT AND YOUR A BALLIN ASS MUTHA FUCKA LIKE ME PICK THE REAL WINNER. GO MADDEN 2004
Or if you like the old school Madden games of the Genesis or Super Nes days. Back when the Madden games were actually good....

Aug 4, 2003
2K4
ESPN presentation: Nothing compares to a stellar ESPN broadcast, complete with a new level of integration of scores, highlights, stats, and overlays that further blur the line between a Sunday Night Football telecast and the game.
Untouchable gameplay: Responsive controls give you command over every aspect of the game, including the ability to tap into the power of your player with "The Charge"—a new way to boost your performance.
Groundbreaking animations: Unbelievable gang tackles, dazzling sideline grabs, and double-team blocks heighten the action, while smooth post-play animations accurately capture the exciting player celebrations and on-field disappointments that follow.
New play-calling system: No matter your experience, the all-new interface (complete with updated NFL team playbooks) will quicken your decisions on the field.
Stunning visuals: New close-ups of all of the action, including crowd scenes, cheerleaders, and sideline players that bring more emotion to the game. Amazing player models, new fields, and sidelines bring it even closer to reality!
Advanced online play: Take your game online via Xbox Live with fast head-to-head play, downloadable rosters, chat, USB keyboard support, and more.
Challenge system: Flags can go either way, but in a tough game, you want every advantage. Don't like the call? No problem. Throw the red flag, and get a second opinion.
Multiplayer franchise: Why play franchise mode alone? Now you and all of your buddies can get together and pit your team management skills against each other for ultimate bragging rights.

Aug 25, 2003
WHAT KINDA RETARDED QUESTION IS THIS????
MADDEN HAS MORE PEEPS THAT HAVE IT...
2K4 JUS DOESN'T HAVE THA FORMULA....
I DON'T GIVA FUCK ABOUT CONNECTIN 2 THA INTERNET
FUCK A 150$ 4 THA WHOLE THING I WHOULD BY ME A PIECE
22.OR 17.
OR SOME SEEDS 2 RE SELL IN THA STREETS FEEL???