Mac Lethal gets 1.5 review in last Scratch Mag

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jun 24, 2004
Did anyone read this?

"Mac Lethal's first foray into rap should be his last. On his debut the KC native spews horrid rhymes and a novice flow over highly forgettable beats, limiting his subject matter to his rebellious adolescent acts. While practice generally makes perfect , Mac Lethal should consider hanging up his mic, because there is simply no hope."

OUCH.....

Im thinking to myself as I read this someone from the town other than TECH has to stand up.

Jun 24, 2004
Yes....Actually I had a conversation w/ The dude from pitch and I told them theres more to KC rappers than Mac Lethal, The other kid that moved out to LA to make it(Xdash) and Miles Bonny...They only seem to write about them or Reach(nothing against dude) and Ive said theres some cats doing some good shit from KC they need to write about more than jus mac lethal.

And to the guy who mentioned the rolling stone interview...I wouldnt care what they wrote the Scratch Mag is what I read. its about producers .. emcess & DJs.

Jul 7, 2002
Yeah...Rolling Stone gave it a real decent review. Thats big that Stone liked it considering Rolling Stone is one of the biggest music mags in the nation and world.

Aug 18, 2002
I've know Approach for many, many years now and he's always tried to put me onto Mac. Not until a year or so ago did I ever actually give Mac Lethal the true respect he prolly deserved. But come on people! Whether or not you into what he's saying or about, dudes came a long way and at least he's BEING HIMSELF. You gotta respect that. And for somebody from the KC area to even be REVIEWED in Rolling Stone! Show a little love!

Jun 24, 2004
Like I said true to that...Now on the issue of being in best buy & target thats not hard to do. I worked on a album by a r&b cat named Rahsaan Patterson that came out in Sept(25th) now that same cd is at the same stores you mentioned. When you go in to purchase the cd its almost always sold out(but they only order like 4-6 copies per store) Im not looking to get a big check off that project that was all about me working on a album thats classic r&b.

The lable he's on places good music over trendy shit(www.artistrymusic.net) Im glad for anyone doing good from the town ..I was suprised by the review totally night & day from RS giving him such a great review.

Also im checking soundscan to see what his numbers does I dont expect it to be big But I would like to see what someone from the area does. Its not in the top 200 though.

Jan 4, 2005
I've know Approach for many, many years now and he's always tried to put me onto Mac. Not until a year or so ago did I ever actually give Mac Lethal the true respect he prolly deserved. But come on people! Whether or not you into what he's saying or about, dudes came a long way and at least he's BEING HIMSELF. You gotta respect that. And for somebody from the KC area to even be REVIEWED in Rolling Stone! Show a little love!

Approach kicks ass. i like alot of the underground club rappers. i'm so sick of most kc gangsta rappers. Approach is probably one of the best mc's. it sucks he moved out to cali.

Aug 18, 2002
Yup...Doing his thing out in San Fran. New Approach album out now "Welcome To Share" feat. P.O.S., Mac Lethal, Joe Good, Panic, among others.. If you into a more feel good vibe on some different style beats.