Ludacris will be in a new movie that tells the true story of the Seattle high school

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 8, 2002
Ludacris has been tapped to narrate an upcoming documentary titled Heart of the Game, which features Joyce Walker (Paid in Full), Devon Crosby Helms, Maude Lepley, Darnellia Russell and others.

Due in June, the film tells the true story of the Seattle high school girls' basketball team, the Roosevelt Roughriders, and one player's battle with trying to regain eligibility to play.

At this year's Academy Awards, two films that Ludacris co-starred in, Crash and Hustle & Flow, walked away with Oscars on Sunday (March 5).

"My stock has definitely gone up," Ludacris told AllHipHop.com. "People can get used to seeing me on the big screen more in the future [as I] continue to choose projects that I feel will change people's lives."

The Atlanta rapper also applauded Three 6 Mafia for performing and winning Best Song for "It's Hard Out Here For A Pimp," a tune the group wrote and produced for Hustle & Flow.

The trio was the first rap group to perform at the awards.

"I witnessed history and Juice [Three 6 Mafia's Juicy J.] and [DJ] Paul performed and won that award. I couldn't have been more proud as it was a historical moment for not only southern hip hop, but for hip hop as a whole. I feel like the Oscar's will never be the same."

In related news, Ludacris will release his sixth studio album titled Release Therapy this summer.

I AM

Some Random Asshole
Apr 25, 2002
That's cool I guess that the story is about something local, but rappers period can't act-unless they are playing rappers or gangsters-for the most part. Ludacris is just too fuckin goofy for me to take seriously. And I highly doubt those movies won oscar's cause of Luda-he just happened to be in the right movie(s) at the right time.

Apr 25, 2002
So how are they going to work Ludacris into a movie about a girls basketball team?

I think a big part of the so-called adversity the movie is about is b/c Darnellia had a baby one year so she had to miss a season, then get back in shape and play her final year.

May 9, 2002
xpanther206 said:
So how are they going to work Ludacris into a movie about a girls basketball team?

I think a big part of the so-called adversity the movie is about is b/c Darnellia had a baby one year so she had to miss a season, then get back in shape and play her final year.
And i hate to be a race guy...but when I WAS IN HS...Roosevelt was bascially a private school without the payment...alotta white kids went there...more than any other Seattle Public School...i guess its changed in the last 10+ years....

Apr 25, 2002
Oh Coy!Ocerto said:
And i hate to be a race guy...but when I WAS IN HS...Roosevelt was bascially a private school without the payment...alotta white kids went there...more than any other Seattle Public School...i guess its changed in the last 10+ years....
No I feel you I was thinking a similar thing. If they are going to pick a Seattle school with the most kids overcoming adversity on a daily basis, Roosevelt is not the school to go to. Speaking of just HSs, it's got the lowest free-reduced price lunch rate in the district, it's got the lowest percentage of non-Asian minority students. I hate that school b/c the kids who go there have this public school, chip on their shoulder, can't do it attitude (that they throw in the face of private school kids like me) but they themselves have the private school life. It's my least favorite school in the District.

THAT BEING SAID, this girls basketball thing is an interesting story, there probably aren't stories more interesting at other SSD schools. The star player had a baby her junior year for chrissakes, then she had to come back and get the attention of D1 coaches the following year.

Mar 13, 2003
www.billythefridge.com
Anybody who doesn't like Ludacris is missing out.

I haven't seen his role in Hustle and Flow, although I heard he plays the 'ego rapper' role.

His role in Crash is actually really good and he's a strong character in the movie.

Doxx

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
strivin.com
xpanther206 said:
cartoon said:
Ludacris has been tapped to narrate an upcoming documentary titled Heart of the Game, which features Joyce Walker (Paid in Full), Devon Crosby Helms, Maude Lepley, Darnellia Russell and others.

May 12, 2004
Sixxness said:
That's cool I guess that the story is about something local, but rappers period can't act-unless they are playing rappers or gangsters-for the most part. Ludacris is just too fuckin goofy for me to take seriously. And I highly doubt those movies won oscar's cause of Luda-he just happened to be in the right movie(s) at the right time.

Damn, I swear you always got somethin negative to say!

Apr 25, 2002
Sixxness said:
that about sums it up. he sucked bad in hustle and flow.