Lowriding with J.J...

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Mar 17, 2006
I just noticed this oldies radio show driving back from my girlfriend's house in San Jose, stuck in traffic. I liked it so much I got off the freeway and drove around main streets in the area until it was over. It only comes in around Fremont, Union City area. It starts fading out anywhere futher. 89.3, and it was a tuesday around 7 when I noticed it. I'm sure most of you in the east bay have probably heard of him. In case anyone hasn't, check it out.

Dec 13, 2004
members.sitegadgets.com
StillNo said:
And, can someone please tell me why there are no oldies shows in Sacramento like this??? :eyecross:
LMAO!!! CHale Homeboy wheir you been?Late night is oldie night mainly Sundays on 101.1 fm.The Station changes to nothing but Oldie Rolas.Normally it plays old skool music with some back in the days oldies and R&B.Check it out this weekend homie.I think it starts at 8pm Sunday.

Mar 17, 2006
CRAZY SILENT said:
LMAO!!! CHale Homeboy wheir you been?Late night is oldie night mainly Sundays on 101.1 fm.The Station changes to nothing but Oldie Rolas.Normally it plays old skool music with some back in the days oldies and R&B.Check it out this weekend homie.I think it starts at 8pm Sunday.
I forgot that 101 has been playing a lot of better oldies, lately. I never checked it out on Sundays. I will this week. It was Trejo that first started 101, wasn't it? Right after 102 got rid of his morning show. Glad to see it's getting back to it's roots. For a few years there, it seemed like everytime I turned to 101, TLC's 'Baby, baby, baby' was playing. I'm not joking. That must have been one of the 3 or so songs in their rotation.

Mar 17, 2006
BUSTA-GLOCK said:
becuz no 1 listens to that sh1t
For a while, I thought that. But with 101 playing a lot more of the oldies, it seems that there's a market for it. Looks like you're going to be hearing Brenton Woods playing in a car alongside C Bo in an intersection on Freeport... Just like the old days.. (late '80s, early '90s...) :cool: This Sacramentan sais, GOOD. Why not have the best of both worlds?

Dec 13, 2004
members.sitegadgets.com
StillNo said:
I forgot that 101 has been playing a lot of better oldies, lately. I never checked it out on Sundays. I will this week. It was Trejo that first started 101, wasn't it? Right after 102 got rid of his morning show. Glad to see it's getting back to it's roots. For a few years there, it seemed like everytime I turned to 101, TLC's 'Baby, baby, baby' was playing. I'm not joking. That must have been one of the 3 or so songs in their rotation.
On Sundays another DJ takes over the station.It's a lady mostly.
I'm not sure if Trejo started the station,but they play hella bad Oldies on Sunday.That's when I drive the most just to listen to them bad rolas play.