Louie

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Nov 17, 2002
www.facebook.com
No way. Louie >>>>> Lucky Louie

It was glaringly obvious to me why Lucky Louie was cancelled after one season. Lucky Louie just felt ultra-fake and sitcom-y, which doesn't fit Louis CK's comedy style. I almost never laughed at Lucky Louie since every situation was funnier when I first heard him describe it in his stand-up.

Nov 17, 2002
www.facebook.com
I'm pretty sure I've said it before, but Louie isn't always laugh-out-loud funny, and it isn't always trying to be. But I always find it refreshing and honest in a sea of boring, contrived sitcoms. This latest episode was low on laughs, but then, so was the Bully episode from season 1, and that episode was one of the single best tv moments from last year.

By the way, has everyone seen Louis CK on Conan? Hands down, the funniest interview on Conan I've seen:

Nov 7, 2006
I'm pretty sure I've said it before, but Louie isn't always laugh-out-loud funny, and it isn't always trying to be. But I always find it refreshing and honest in a sea of boring, contrived sitcoms. This latest episode was low on laughs, but then, so was the Bully episode from season 1, and that episode was one of the single best tv moments from last year.

By the way, has everyone seen Louis CK on Conan? Hands down, the funniest interview on Conan I've seen:

i kinda hate that you posted that. cause the thing i really liked about louie is he never really recycles jokes but i heard all those jokes when i went and saw him a couple months ago. going to see him again in a month and cant wait though, he better not recycle.

Nov 17, 2002
www.facebook.com
i kinda hate that you posted that. cause the thing i really liked about louie is he never really recycles jokes but i heard all those jokes when i went and saw him a couple months ago. going to see him again in a month and cant wait though, he better not recycle.
He "recycles" for every city he performs on a single tour. Why would it be any different with a TV appearance? His "Chewed Up" tour was the same material in each city. His "Hilarious" tour was the same material in each city. And during each of those tours, he made the occassional TV appearance and used material from those shows. What Louis does is retire material after the tour is over.

If you saw him a couple months ago, then you will most likely see the same material in a month. You know how you can tell? What was the name of the show from two months ago? What is the name of the show next month? Find out if those names are the same. If so, then you'll be going to see the same show. He doesn't do new material every single time he performs. No one does that except maybe when they are performing for 10 minutes at a time at small clubs, testing out new material.

Nov 17, 2002
www.facebook.com
I'm trying to find out what his current tour is called, but no luck. While it is possible that the show in a month is a different tour from two months ago, be prepared for a similar show.

Let me ask... will you be seeing him in the same city as you saw him two months ago? If so, maybe it is a new tour with new material.

infinity

( o )( o )
May 4, 2005
UOENO, CA
wave to me!

i watched lucky louie the other day & louie is better in every aspect except for straightforward laugh out loud jokes, which were mostly due to the raunchiness. i really hated the laugh track (live audience) though - those shows are almost always annoying.

0R0

Girbaud Shuttle Jeans
Dec 10, 2006
BasedWorld
So I caught up with this, seen every episode and while it definitely has it's moments, Lucky Louie is still the superior show. I think Louis directing the show himself was a bad idea because it takes him 3-5 minutes to get across a sentence worth of progression, on average. The pacing is retarded on most episodes. While the unconventional elements initially pulled me in, it has just become off putting because it never really works as well as traditional comedic timing and competent directing would have.

infinity

( o )( o )
May 4, 2005
UOENO, CA
Now he won an Emmy for Outstanding Writing for a Comedy and an Emmy for his comedy special. Good for him. I do enjoy the show, but it rarely makes me laugh out loud. It's more mildy amusing.

Haven't seen the latest stand-up special, but I'm sure it's funnier than the show.