Lone Survivor

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Ne Obliviscaris

RIP Cut-Throat and SoCo
Dec 30, 2004
how was it bad and corney?
Everything was just so predictable. And the last third of the movie

******SPOILERS AHEAD**********

When he gets to the village which was the only part that wasn't just one big firefight, was awful. I mean, I watched the whole thing, and basically enjoyed it, but it wasn't a good movie in my opinion. That being said, if it entertained you, more power to you, I dont think whoever made it was trying to make a good movie, just smoething to eat popcorn to for an hour and a half, and in terms of that they succeeded.

Oct 19, 2008
San Diego
I read the book a while back and hated it for the most part. I just finished watching the movie and while it took out the parts I disliked (the politics, praise for George W Bush, how much of a good Christian he is, how amazing Texas is, the supposed vote to kill the goat herders) it completely made up the ending. I guess you gotta make it that way for action-loving audiences but that's not what happened. Overall, it's an okay movie with some cool action sequences but not much beyond that.

Jan 16, 2006
Everywhere
I read the book a while back and hated it for the most part. I just finished watching the movie and while it took out the parts I disliked (the politics, praise for George W Bush, how much of a good Christian he is, how amazing Texas is, the supposed vote to kill the goat herders) it completely made up the ending. I guess you gotta make it that way for action-loving audiences but that's not what happened. Overall, it's an okay movie with some cool action sequences but not much beyond that.
I just watched it. I thought it was a decent action flick and they definately got the scenery right for much of Eastern Afghanistan. People always get surprised when I tell them Afghanistan is a very diverse place terrain wise...everybody thinks its just some big desert, lol...from pine tree covered mountains, to almost jungle like green zones and shit.

the end was kind of ridiculous but i excpected that. Can't have a Hooyah Seal movie end with a bunch of Rangers getting spun up from halfway across the world to do CSAR in Kunar to rescue SEALs now can we, lol.

Coach E. No

Jesus es Numero Uno
Mar 30, 2013
Saw this today. It was hard not to think about how exaggerated the movie probably was but I think they nailed some accuracy in terms of the comradery and the issue with communications and what it's like to be on the other said waiting for communications and not getting any. Plus the frustration of higher orders dicking up your plans to help save lives.

Regardless of what really happened, a lot of servicemen lost their lives on this mission so it's probably cool for their families to have a big movie out there about their lives. Mark Wahlberg was a terrible choice for the lead but everyone else was casted well I thought.