LoKey= Done

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jun 8, 2004
www.myspace.com
Lo Key has quit music.. lol..
I kinda seen this coming with his lack of new stuff here recently.

Whats up guys. I posted yesterday that I was stepping away from music. After an overwhelming response I feel obligated to give you an explanation as to what the fuck is going on with me and what made me come to this conclusion.

Music was never a hobby for me. I always pursued it as a career and as a job. A fun job, but work none the less. When I first started I had no idea what the fuck I was doing and just kind of learned as I went. I know alot of you newer artists can relate to that shit.

That was in 1999. Now it's 10 years later and I'm still here. I remember being inspired by my favorite rappers back then, and now people hit me up saying I inspired them to make music which is so fulfilling to me. I made alot of my dreams come true from working with my favorite artists to touring and seeing the country. But the main thing that I was proud of was making a living off of my music. Sustaining myself from it and proving that you CAN follow your dreams, you don't HAVE to go to college and fit into some lame fuckin job that you hate. That was the most rewarding part of it all. Suffering all those years trying to meet that goal and finally pulling it off.

Let me just say that music was my first love. Nothing will ever change that. For so many years I put my music before everyone and everything.. Lost so many friends, relationships with women, lost so much money. It didn't matter, because at the end of the day I was doing what I wanted with my life.

Which brings me to now. I've been battling a variety of mental illnesses my entire life and recently they are growing stronger than I can control. Long story short - I've lost my motivation to make music. Alot of people look to me to be the guy to lead this big movement and make sure everything stays moving. Right now, I can't be that person. And it's not fair to the fans, and the M:I artists AKA my best friends for me to act like I can. I was able to for a while, and I did a great fuckin job if I may say so myself. But those days are over for me - for now at least. I've been fucking up bad and alot. I've been putting music second which inadvertently alienated alot of people. I would like to apologize for that.

I'm taking off now, to try and get my life together. I always said I'd never "quit" music, because every rapper does that and comes back a year later. And who knows, maybe I will. All I know is right now I need to disappear. I hope at some point that I can spark that fire again, but right now I can't sit in limbo waiting for shit to happen. I'm moving in a different direction, and I hope from the bottom of my heart that it leads back here where I came from. Time will tell. Bye guys.

-Lo Key

Any thoughts Grew?

Sep 27, 2008
welp

personally, i didnt care for him at all

i feel like he never tried 100% with all his fuckinaround with people

good luck with whatever ur gonna waste 10 years on next

Roz

Sicc OG
Jul 22, 2009
www.facebook.com
Damn... well I can relate to him... anybody who battles mental illness, has a hard time grasping things they enjoy and keeping the drive in their life... I'm not a big fan of his music, but I hope he can work through his problems because we basically started doing this about the same time...