LOGIC STUDIO 9!

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

DJ Mark 7

djmark7.com
Jul 18, 1977
www.djmark7.com
I never said my first version of Cubase is legit either ;-)

I love how some cats in here frown upon those who download programs but they'll DL music all day. I definitely don't support putting links to pirated software in here but we all know cats use shit and I'm guilty of it too...So be it. I'm not apologizing for anything.

Sydal

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
www.idealsentertainment.com
Mark, I was on Cubase prior to getting Logic 8 and it was a pretty easy transition. Granted, I wasn't using Cubase for full production, so when I got Logic I had to really learn the program. The overall layout is similar, though. It's actually not much different than any other full force program. Has nice plug-ins, unlimited tracks, and an amazing sound library. You can change note velocity in the editor, download MPC 3K groove templates, etc. etc. Not sure if u can do that with other shit, but you definitely can in Logic.

Now with Logic 9, comping is easier, you can design your own amps, and it even has guitar pedal plug-ins...among a bunch of other shit like take folders (so you can do multiple takes on one track). It's a lovely program and I really dig it. To each his own though. I think I'm gettin' my own copy of 9 tomorrow.

Jan 6, 2003
www.midwestinvasion.com
I never said my first version of Cubase is legit either ;-)

I love how some cats in here frown upon those who download programs but they'll DL music all day. I definitely don't support putting links to pirated software in here but we all know cats use shit and I'm guilty of it too...So be it. I'm not apologizing for anything.
well then go "PIRATE" mulitiple programs and chose the one you rather use. Its that easy. If you pirate programs then that means you could get the hands on with each and chose for yourself

DJ Mark 7

djmark7.com
Jul 18, 1977
www.djmark7.com
^^^Cubase SX isn't "pirated" for the Mac hence my initial question.

I don't need a bunch of super complicated controls....I've managed to do alot of beats on alot of albums with the most basic shit. For years I used nothing but an ASR-10 and people didn't believe me. You can have all the tools/software at your disposal and if yer beats suck it's not gonna make a difference. As long as I can load VSTs, sequence and use samples I'm good.

BOOBOO that Presonus is pretty dope and doesn't use alot of memory...Thanks for the tip.

Apr 26, 2006
^^^Cubase SX isn't "pirated" for the Mac hence my initial question.

I don't need a bunch of super complicated controls....I've managed to do alot of beats on alot of albums with the most basic shit. For years I used nothing but an ASR-10 and people didn't believe me. You can have all the tools/software at your disposal and if yer beats suck it's not gonna make a difference. As long as I can load VSTs, sequence and use samples I'm good.

BOOBOO that Presonus is pretty dope and doesn't use alot of memory...Thanks for the tip.
Yeah no problem. It's pretty dope. For me it was easier to grasp than Reaper & Ableton Live. I haven't tried the new Cubase, nor Logic though.

I'm like you though, I don't think all this top software matters. If you got talent, you got talent. It just comes down to that talent and musical skills. Someone with no ear or sense of musical knowledge will produce shit on Protools, Logic, high quality hardware, etc...

I'm happy as hell with FL Studio. Version 9 is coming out soon this month and I can't wait. In my opinion, FL is the ultimate "beat" making software. Of course for shit like film scoring, recording, then I wouldn't recommend it. But for str8 musical content and laying down loops, ideas, editing, manipulating and sequencing sound it's suck as fuck. Out of all software, I think it's the easiest to grasp. It does everything I need.

GHP

Sicc OG
Jul 21, 2002
cubase 5 is available for mac, i often wish i got it over logic.

I don't know if i'm on point with this but i always thought it was easier to get a hold of cracked versians of PC software over mac stuff, main reason why my lab is 100% legit. If you have a friend with logic and you can get it for free it wouldn't hurt to upload it on your computer. Cubase 5 has some cool shit for making beats though, logic ain't no punk though just kind of a bitch it learn if you are new or rusty with DAWs. Since you are probably a pro at using cubase after using it forever it shouldn't be too tough to learn logic or any other DAW. The basic knowledge for all DAWs are basically the same. As a DJ i'd figure you would love Ableton Live, i heard its the DAW of choice for many DJs

DJ Mark 7

djmark7.com
Jul 18, 1977
www.djmark7.com
i haven't seen it... last pirated cubase software for mac i seen was cubase se 1.07, and that didn't require a dongle

::
Exactly

And BOOBOO...Maaaaaaaaan I started fuckin with this Presonus....It's honestly something I've been looking for for YEARS....Simple, straight forward and doesn't use alot of CPU....I can't thank you enough dog. Props.

GHP

Sicc OG
Jul 21, 2002
all sequencers are different, i don't like FL much either. I have Maschine and am not really a fan of the sequencer in there either, i'm hoping they improve on it when they do another update to at least make the program useable for mac users. Logics sequencer is nice, not a big fan of the quantize settings in there though. I liked how reason 3s quantize was set up but they changed it in 4, still getting used to it.