Lil Slim - Thug'n & Pluggin press

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 6, 2011
Does Anybody know what press is the first photo? Or is it some fake? It has silver ring instead of black. Saw 2 more photos of cd and both has black ring. ringcode of this silver seems to be the same as black one.

Jul 7, 2005
www.mintunderground.com
Thanks for using my images (Specializing in New and Hard to Find Titles: Mint Underground) for an example. The version that is being sold is the 2nd pressing. There are 2 versions of this album and the simplest way to know the difference is by the artwork within itself.

1.) The 1st pressing: Doesn't have a "Parental Advisory/Explicit Lyrics" label on it at all, but the 2nd pressing has one in the top left hand corner.
2.) The 1st pressing: Say's "CSH-0092" in top right hand corner/right next to the "L" in Lil Slims name.
3.) The 1st pressing: "Lil Slim" is written in a orange font, while the 2nd pressing is red
4.) The 1st pressing: The photo is clearer/sharper than the 2nd pressing. Due to this...you can tell that it's a brown boarded up window to the left (our left) of Lil Slim. You can only see a brown sliver of something in the 2nd pressing.
5.) The 1st pressing: Doesn't have a bar code, but the 2nd pressing does "751434009229"
6.) The 1st pressing says, "Manufactured and printed by Disc Makers, Philadelphia, U.S.A." on the tray card.
7.) The 1st pressing doesn't have a Cash Money Records logo on it anywhere, and the 2nd pressing has one on the tray card.

What's most important is that both of these CD's are hard to find nowadays and were made way before Cash Money Records got their major label record deal with Universal records. Yes, the 1st pressing is harder to find, but the 2nd pressing is hard to find as well.

Cash Money Records has many pressings of a lot of their original catalog and all of them are rare these days. I have about 4 versions of the B.G.'z (B.G. & Lil Wayne) debut album "True Story" on CD.

Jul 7, 2005
www.mintunderground.com
are you sure about no barcode????
Yes, I'm sure. The 1st pressing doesn't have a bar code/UPC code. I have it right in front of me. You can see all of the original artwork design were the bar code/UPC code is supposed to be. The darker and lighter orange dots palette/pattern continues almost all the way through the portion where the white back ground of the bar code/UPC code would be. It's not blank. The pattern run's through effortlessly. That's not something that you can add after the fact.

and which is is 1st format of true story ..i've only seen re presses....
I'll answer this once I'm able to go through my personal collection. All of my collection is boxed up and stored. I have an extra copy of the OG Lil Slim and a 2nd, but now I'm going to say 3rd pressing for sale, so those were readily available to grab.

I was trying to catalog my collection years back, but I haven't added any updates to my unfinished catalog in over 5 or 6 years minimum. I've never been able to complete my catalog, because the abundance of titles that I have.

I did organize (alphabetical order) most (but not all) of my collections about a year, so I could make sure to separate the doubles/extras of the same pressing. I need to find the box that contains the letter order "LI" or "LIL" and that may be 3 boxes just for that combination. Hopefully, I'll get back with you later on this week or weekend.

Yeah man, there's 2 versions of Lil Slim "Powder Shop" that I'm aware of as well.

Like I said...I collect all versions if possible. I wish that I didn't sell my repress/2nd pressing of "187 In A Hockey Mask". I don't know WTF I was thinking, which is why I never sale from my personal collection anymore. If I do...It's going to cost you...and I'm still going to miss it. It's too hard for me to personally deal with. I can go on and on about pressings, but I'll focus on this topic for now.

Last edited:
Jul 7, 2005
www.mintunderground.com
so at least 3 version of lil slim - thug'n & pluggin
Yes, I just went through some of my boxes, because this was bothering me. Yes, I have all 3 versions and I have versions of the B.G.'z "True Story".

The B.G.'z Trues story OG/1st pressing doesn't have a bar code/UPC code neither, the 2nd pressing does. I'm sure that there are more, including a Universal Records version.

I have 2 versions of Lil Slim's "Powder Shop".

May 27, 2006
Is the CD version with no barcode from 1995? I only have the universal rerelease and a cash money only version from 1995/1997 with barcode and a tape from 1995 on cash money only. Or is there even a CD version with barcode from just 1995?

And do you have a Lil Slim Powder Shop CD with no new cmr logo on it (the one designed by Pen N Pixel not the painted one)? I got a CD version with the new cmr logo and the tape with slightly different cover without the new cmr logo (which i considered the og till today).

and mikal which is the first pres of pimp daddy still pimpin cd
i got 2

1 got just 1 parental,no csh on front,white back with no barcode ,no mention to cash money,didx press cd
1 with 2 parental advisory,csh and a number,barcode,cash money logo,green back with barcode

i know about the og tape but what about cd????????????
thanks