Leon The SHow Powe

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 17, 2004
who saw him tonight against usc take the scoring and rebounding title for the pac 10. Only the 4th player i beleive to lead both, the last being ike diogu...

i just hope this guy doesnt go to the draft this year or i see a bad year for my cal bears next year

May 15, 2002
i'm the biggest cal fan and first saw powe playing AAU ball as a sophmore, but Powe needs to stay at least another year.

He's strong as hell but 1)has no jumper(not consistent at least - Diogu had one by the time left) 2) has no handles (he's a tweener) 3) Has no left hand whatsoever - next time you watch, see how many times he goes left.

In the NBA, he's a tweener who's not big enough to be a PF and not athletic enough to be SF.

with all that being said, GO BEARS!

May 9, 2002
AC Transit said:
i'm the biggest cal fan and first saw powe playing AAU ball as a sophmore, but Powe needs to stay at least another year.

He's strong as hell but 1)has no jumper(not consistent at least - Diogu had one by the time left) 2) has no handles (he's a tweener) 3) Has no left hand whatsoever - next time you watch, see how many times he goes left.

In the NBA, he's a tweener who's not big enough to be a PF and not athletic enough to be SF.

with all that being said, GO BEARS!
You left out the fact that he cant shoot free throws in crunch time....

I think he gets more attention than he deserves...but whatever..

May 17, 2004
^^^i would say that is a good point when he was a frosh and hit like 45% of his free throws...but this year he was at over 70%....have u seen any other player have an increase like that

also u gotta remember that elton brand is only like 6'8 too...and he isnt doing too bad right now as a pf

May 9, 2002
UCDgreek said:
^^^i would say that is a good point when he was a frosh and hit like 45% of his free throws...but this year he was at over 70%....have u seen any other player have an increase like that

also u gotta remember that elton brand is only like 6'8 too...and he isnt doing too bad right now as a pf
Elton Brand is quicker and has a better 15 footer than Leon....

And as impressive as that increase is...i said CRUNCH TIME...that means game onthe line in the last 2 mins of a close game...he missed 2 when they lost to ASU i believe it was...and it was squarely on HIS shoulders to win...

May 15, 2002
Putting powe and brand in the same sentence is a joke - brand's an all star and MVP canidate and Powe goes to cal - enough said.

The free throw thing he can work at - in HS he was around 70% from the line but ever since he went to cal its around 50%. Basically what college is for is to work on his game, and powe definitely needs to work and polish before he can move on.

Apr 25, 2002
He's a great player. Oakland Tech, pretty damn impressive athletic resume, I believe Rickey Henderson & Joe Morgan went there among others.

Powe's not going to be Pac-10 player of the year however, Brandon "The Mother Fuckin Truth" Roy is going to be.

May 17, 2004
^^^yeah u can make a case either way...u could even make a case for hassan adams since hes 3rd in scoring and 1st in steals...if only his team was a little better....

and oh coy u said he gets more attention than he deserves...but where is all the attention...the only time he is ever mentioned is if cal is on tv....i havent seen him mentioned on espn once all year even when cal had that game against kansas on espn2

Jan 17, 2006
UCDgreek said:
^^^yeah u can make a case either way...u could even make a case for hassan adams since hes 3rd in scoring and 1st in steals...if only his team was a little better....

and oh coy u said he gets more attention than he deserves...but where is all the attention...the only time he is ever mentioned is if cal is on tv....i havent seen him mentioned on espn once all year even when cal had that game against kansas on espn2
they had an article bout him in SI tho...but yeah i agree he aint going to get a lot of national attention cuz hes playing in the west coast...CAL has to do something in the PAC 10 tourney the next two weeks and they must make the sweet 16 if he is really going to get the national attention that he deserves...although he is considered to be one of the best 4 man in college basketball...even Brandon Roy said that about him so we'll see durin the next month or so

May 17, 2004
and im hella biased cuz ive been a fan for a long time and been going to games...but when someone this good finally is on the team im gonna make sure i keep saying how good he is....22 and 20 isnt a bad game either

May 15, 2002
all this talk of powe coming out is ridiculous

here's a quote from him

"I try to learn new moves," Powe said Thursday during a lighthearted discussion. "I watch Elton Brand a lot, and Ben Wallace. I think I'm like Ben Wallace, (but) with offense. When I'm watching and he gets the ball on offense, I turn the channel, flip to the Clippers (and Brand). Don't write that, I don't want Ben Wallace to get mad."