Legal Advice????

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Nov 25, 2002
Ok today i was comin home on the city bus....i transfered at the mall to a different bus....upon entering the bus I and other passengers immediatley smelled a stench similar to rotting eggs....there was a blind man gettin on as well and he even commmented "well i know which bus is mines now i just need ta follow the smell..." anyway...so we are all makin comments and i suggested to the driver that maybe it was the air conditioning...so she turns it off...the smell disapted some but then it got extremely hot and people complained about that......so we asked her ta just turn the air bacc on.....the smell returned with the cooled air.....i started ta feel queezy and a lil dizzy and the driver even said it wasnt good to be breathing in...so she stopped the bus and called for a baccup....we all had to get off and wait about 10 min for another bus.....she had us fill out cards that asked for comments and our information...i replied that i smelled somethin funny and started ta feel sicc.....after comin home on the replacement...i started ta feel better but my stomach is hurtiing now...i dont know if its related but there lies a chance that it is......

so my question is does anyone think i and the others have a case??? would i need to go to the hospital tonight if i did wish to pursue legal action??? I gave them my address and phone number so they have my comaplaint on record and i dont know if they plan on callin us individually.....i was kinda hopin they would wanna keep us quiet and just offer us a settlement so we dont file suit.....even if its only a couple hundred dollaz....ill take it.....

Nov 25, 2002
Mayne i dont know wtf i was breathin in coulda been toxic.....what am i supposed ta do be sicc and not make them fuccers do a damn thing about it??? i asked for serious advice not bullshit opinions.....i have been feelin sicc & dizzy since that shit happened.....

Feb 9, 2003
go to the doctor and tell him the bus story, if he thinks you have a case then the next step is to get a lawyer and use the doctor as a witness. Hopefully the bus had camera's so that you can use the footage as evidence.

Nov 25, 2002
lol....im thinkin about goin ta the doc in the mornin before class and sayin i was up all night hurlin....lol.....i can probably get at least free busfare for a year.....fucc it....

P-Nut

Sicc OG
Sep 23, 2002
SJN14 said:
go to the doctor and tell him the bus story, if he thinks you have a case then the next step is to get a lawyer and use the doctor as a witness. Hopefully the bus had camera's so that you can use the footage as evidence.
i agree. after the doc checks you out ask his personal opinion on whether you got a case. money and money and if you can get it then do it. lol
if other ppl on the bus been feelin' sick too that shit could help.
i dont think they let you get the videotape if the bus had one, but most likely if it did ur lawyer could get it wit that subpoena.
until the doc tells you more, what you smelled probably just gave you the shits. so grab a mag and a smoke and post up on the toilet for a minute. if you come out a few pounds lighter, you might feel better. :cool:

Apr 4, 2003
webmedia.bcit.ca
To me it all really depends on what effect it has done to you. If you had to go to the hospital or not. I don't really think you have a case unless the smell affected you in any way other than a very minor case.

And as for the bus, I can see 2 possibilities here.

1. There is a leak in the exhaust system that somehow managed to link into the air conditioning/ventilation system thus causing the "rotten eggs" smell!

2. Someone shitted some rotten eggs in the exhaust.

May 2, 2002
lol...you don't ask the doctor if you have a case. It's not up to him.

First things first.

Go to the doctor to see if anything is even wrong with you. It may be nothing. Or it may be so minor it isn't even worth suing over.

If something really is wrong with you, then consult with an attorney.

Tell him what happened on the bus, and then tell him the doctor's diagnosis. The attorney will then tell you if you have a case or not.

Even then, it will depend on if the attorney knows anything about air conditioners, and any history of them making people sick.

Try doing some research on it and let the attorney know. Otherwise you would have to pay the attorney to do the research for you.

Attorney fees, court costs, research time, plus time sitting around in court...it probably isn't worth it to sue.

Unless you have some deathly sickness caused by this air conditioner.

Feb 9, 2003
What I meant was that you go to the doctor and see if there is anything wrong with you. Of course the doctor wouldn't even think of being a professional witness for you if all you had was a stomache ache, but if the thinks your seriously ill and it was caused by the Bus then you can use his professional medical opinion or that of another doctor to help you out in your suit.

Jul 26, 2002
Before you go to the Doctor and start making up the whole vomiting feeling and symptoms they might KNOW your faking it and pretty much tell you to fuck off.

I think that smell was from the air conditioning and it is mildew or fungus that has been growing. Depending on the type of fungus or mildew you can get sick from it. You might want to research alittle before you go to the doctor and lie your ass off.