Leftists protest a 9/11 memorial

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Sep 25, 2005
If the youg repubs and dems really "respect" the people that died on 911 they would be outraged just like the protesters...

Feb 17, 2006
this is the kind of propaganda that is harmful...this video uses words like "disrespecting" to make protesting, freedom of speech, and freedom of assembly seem like a bad thing

whether you agree with them or not, they had the right to be there, they had to right to get their message across, and calling what they had the right to do harmful or disrespectful is just spreading propaganda to make people not want to have such things as freedom of speech and be willing to give it up when they feel it's necessary or they're afraid

this video is like visual hypocrisy...a group of people claiming fascism to be running rampant in this country are made to seem like villains when practicing their rights...hmmm

on a side note...it's not like communists havent done their fair share of killing...and i'm sure they'd love a communist government and not be able to protest like they were doing...more hypocrisy

Dec 8, 2005
^^^yeah they got the right but they are using the victims as a forum cause they know they will get more attention, the same way they claim the govt uses them to enter war. its bullshit hypocrisy on their part at the same time. whether they got the right or not, its in poor taste, like the christians saying "god hates fags" and fools funerals in front of their families. you are basically saying that no speech can be labled disrespectful, i say bullshit.

Apr 8, 2005
nhojsmith said:
^^^yeah they got the right but they are using the victims as a forum cause they know they will get more attention, the same way they claim the govt uses them to enter war. its bullshit hypocrisy on their part at the same time. whether they got the right or not, its in poor taste, like the christians saying "god hates fags" and fools funerals in front of their families. you are basically saying that no speech can be labled disrespectful, i say bullshit.
well, hes not saying you cant call it disrespectful, hes saying freedom of speech applies to disrespectful speech as well

Feb 17, 2006
if people worried about what was respectful when practicing free speech, progression would never happen

are you saying martin luther king jr. should have respected the white supremacists' want for a segregated country and slaves?

i think what some of you are trying to say is that any use of force has to be justified, which is correct, but i dont see how you cant see how what these students did was justified

i know that on my campus, i belong to a new organization called the ASO (atheist student organization) and all of our posters about meetings or how to join or whatever is taken down within a day by fuckin assholes, so the only way to get the word out and fight for ourselves is to go to public events sponsored by CCC (campus crusade for christ...the fact that they call it a crusade is scary) and we still usually get thrown out for sporting unpopular opinion

you can either choose to believe responsibility/respectfulness and using freedom of speech in the right way goes hand in hand, or you can choose to support social/ethnic/racial minorities in their fights for equality through speech that may be disrespectful but progressive

DubbC415

Mickey Fallon
Sep 10, 2002
Tomato Alley
thatguy said:
i agree, but they still have the RIGHT to say disrespectful things and peacfully assemble according to the constitution

maybe so, but at school, its still a gray area. that same dude that was talking on stage, the college republican guy, got the CR's in trouble last year for stomping on a homemade Hezbollah flag. The problem was not him stomping on the flag, but that they drew a symbol that represented Allah. a lot of middle eastern students were outraged and a fight broke out. the problem isnt free speech, its that on a school campus if your "free speech" impairs other kids from learning, or creates a hostile environment, then you can get in trouble. its the yelling "Fire!" in a crowded theater scenario

Dec 8, 2005
the.know.how said:
if people worried about what was respectful when practicing free speech, progression would never happen

are you saying martin luther king jr. should have respected the white supremacists' want for a segregated country and slaves?

i think what some of you are trying to say is that any use of force has to be justified, which is correct, but i dont see how you cant see how what these students did was justified

i know that on my campus, i belong to a new organization called the ASO (atheist student organization) and all of our posters about meetings or how to join or whatever is taken down within a day by fuckin assholes, so the only way to get the word out and fight for ourselves is to go to public events sponsored by CCC (campus crusade for christ...the fact that they call it a crusade is scary) and we still usually get thrown out for sporting unpopular opinion

you can either choose to believe responsibility/respectfulness and using freedom of speech in the right way goes hand in hand, or you can choose to support social/ethnic/racial minorities in their fights for equality through speech that may be disrespectful but progressive
man we arent talking about equal rights here, were talkin about interrupting a fuckin memorial for dead people. if you think thats cool then theres not much i can say to change your opinion. we have a two groups of people meeting under the requisite that politics will not be discussed, setting aside difference out of respect, to remember dead people, not point fingers, and then you got some people runnin up pointing fingers screaming politics. now its in a public place, so they can do whatever the fuck they want, but dont gimme this bullshit about progress, and how it shoudlnt be labled disrespectful, what progress!!! if anything they hurt their own posistion!!! this shit is inflamatory, there was no proposal of a dialogue. And progress is subjective. justifiable is subjective. lol @ "so the only way to get the word out", seems you are your greatest limitation. and lets go one step further, if they champion freedom of speech so fuckin much, then why are they in opposition of uprooting a government that limits such a thing. oh the hypocrisy. but we all got our opinions, so enjoy your rallies. peace.

Feb 17, 2006
nhojsmith said:
and lets go one step further, if they champion freedom of speech so fuckin much, then why are they in opposition of uprooting a government that limits such a thing. oh the hypocrisy. but we all got our opinions, so enjoy your rallies. peace.
that's the exact same thing i said in my first post in this thread

and i'm not trying to debate whether it's disrespectful or not because it is...and i'm pretty sure they're not against the people who died, rather what they were doing in the world trade center...if you know anything about that

what i'm saying is how many people do you know wanna go on TV and debate a communist or other person of "radical" political views? how many people wanna incorporate the alternative views into anything? i dont see anybody doing it, so these people go to where they feel the biggest crowd who actually care about this are...gotta respect the hustle

Jul 24, 2007
What a bunch of fuckers......It would be one thing If they were having a Political rally...they were simply there to mourn the deaths of the people who lost there lives on 9/11................It wasn't like they were having a pro bush rally or some shyt like that.

That shyt is just awful.........have some respect for the people who died....even if you don't like the people they died under