Lebron's Pippen

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 2, 2002
http://www.suntimes.com/sports/basketball/260173,CST-SPT-pip16.article

Pippen Wants To Play
Feb 16 - Scottie Pippen is seriously considering a comeback and hopes to play for a contending team in this season's playoffs.
"I'm thinking of trying to come back for the playoffs," Pippen said. "Something like the last two months of the season, somewhere I can come back and play limited minutes to start, play point forward for someone and build toward the playoffs. It's something I've been thinking about for the last three months."

"My knee is good," Pippen said. "I've been working out regularly, doing drills. I see my body like guys like Kareem (Abdul-Jabbar, who played till he was 42) and Robert Parish (who played until just short of 44). My body is lanky and flexible like theirs. That gives me some hope I can do it. -- Chicago Tribune

'I think I can really help teams like Miami and Cleveland,'' Pippen said. ''Detroit is a contender, too, but they are overstocked and probably have no place for a guy like me.
"I'm not going to be a nonstop high-flyer like I was in my prime. But I can still run. I can still dunk. But most of all, I know the game." -- Chicago Sun-Times

Nov 7, 2006
that would be cool if someone let him play but highly doubt anyone would risk it even though he just wants to play alil. i would risk it if i owned a team but i dont so imma just sit back and hope he comes back and plays good too

V

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
  • V

V

I dont kno bout all that...

dont you guys think you should have to pay the dues like everybody else to get a championship ring. How does it make sense for somebody to put effort thruout the whole season only to get benched for someone that comes in just for the playoffs and steal their shine. I mean I can understand it from the team's point of view of winning and improving their chances for a championship title, but shits not really fair. But then again, alot of other shit isnt and everything is done to maximize profit and its more of a business than a game now anyways...

May 15, 2002
SiKHMaDe said:

dont you guys think you should have to pay the dues like everybody else to get a championship ring. How does it make sense for somebody to put effort thruout the whole season only to get benched for someone that comes in just for the playoffs and steal their shine. I mean I can understand it from the team's point of view of winning and improving their chances for a championship title, but shits not really fair. But then again, alot of other shit isnt and everything is done to maximize profit and its more of a business than a game now anyways...
Incase u didnt notice, Pippen paid dues all 6 seasons he won the rings with the Bulls alongside Michael Jordan.

V

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
  • V

V

^^^ so coz of that, he has the right to come in whenever he wants to get more rings???? I didnt question his previous work...I'm talkin about the present

Feb 15, 2006
SiKHMaDe said:

IMO...IT IS FAIR, IF HE'S BETTER than somebody who put effort throught the whole season and makes the team better

Feb 15, 2006
^^^^

http://www.nba.com/playerfile/scottie_pippen/

First of, since he did play with jordan for a hella of lot of seasons.....nevermind, just dont say he wasn't shit without jordan

Second, if you look at his stats at the end of his career, his last five years, he wasn't that bad, still averaging 10 points, four assists and four reb in his seconds to last year, before only playing 23 games his final year

But again, look at his stats from 88-99 and he never averaged less than 14 points per game, almost 2 steals a game, almost 6 assists, and no less than 6,7,8 rebounds

Jan 4, 2003
dude shouldn't have the choice to just come in and literally choose where he wants to go just so he can try and get anothe ring with a winning team.... If he comes back he should be happy to be on a team that wants him

Nov 1, 2004
BIG DEEBO 559 said:
PIPPEN WASNT SHIT WITHOUT JORDAN.HE HAS NO REASON TO COME BACK.
Pippen is a legend. Don't need to explain that. Pippen didn't need to score 30 pts every game. He knew his game.

On the other hand Jordan didn't win a ring without Pippen either.

Nov 1, 2004
RAS 925 said:
dude shouldn't have the choice to just come in and literally choose where he wants to go just so he can try and get anothe ring with a winning team.... If he comes back he should be happy to be on a team that wants him

Every other player does tha same. Even as a free agent you can chose your fav team just to get closer to a championship. What is wrong with that? Malone went to Lakers before he retired. Magic did a comeback 5 yrs later. Jordan came back 2 times. So whats wrong?

Pippen is a basketball legend, he should come back. That would be great to see him play again. He should come back and share his knowledge of the game with the younger players.
Pippen played against the greatest of the NBA before a whole generation of legends retired one by one in the late 90s and early 00s. He played against everyone even in their prime from Abdul-Jabbar to Olajuwon to Ewing and from Magic to Drexler to Bird.
I dont see anything wrong with it.