Lauryn Hill "Takes A Dive" At Oakland Performance, Fans Leave Mid-Set

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Feb 7, 2006
Monday - July 2, 2007 by Kevin R. Scott

As Sony executives confirm a forthcoming release from Lauryn Hill, reports of poor vocal performances and fan discontent at her live shows continue to follow the reclusive singer.
According to the San Jose Mercury, Hill made a rare appearance last week (June 27) at the Paramount Theatre in Oakland, California that fans have since labeled a fiasco. In fact after reportedly singing only four songs, up to 100 concert goers left the show "grumbling loudly and demanding refunds" of their $90 tickets.
"But it wasn't just her voice that was shaky. Hill stumbled about the stage and, at one point, actually fell flat on her back - which brought into question exactly what the singer had been doing backstage during the long delay," wrote Jim Harrington.
Although Hill hasn't released a studio album since 1998's The Miseducation of Lauryn Hill, she recently contributed an original song titiled "Lose Myself" on the Surf's Up soundtrack, an animated feature for Columbia Pictures.
No release date has been confirmed for Hill's sophomore studio set, however her representatives attest that her new project will consist of recently conceived material and will not be compositions from the scores of vaulted recordings she has amassed over the last decade.

http://www.sohh.com/articles/article.php/11991

BASEDVATO

Judo Chop ur Spirit
May 8, 2002
Most time the most talented are the most disturbed... No matter how crazy she acts anything she puts out will be anywhere from decent to excellent!

Jun 18, 2007
She Still

Lauren Hill the dopest female MC who ever touched the mic even if she doesn't rap again. If she loosing her voice, and it ain't what it used to be she should drop a whole rap album and actually kick to some beats. I'd be down to cop that. I got love for her, but right now I can't get down with her bleeding heart steezo. I feel her sentiments on the media and 85% of all people being haters. But you can only lambaste them and blame them at your concerts for so long, she gotta keep it movin.

Jun 18, 2007
But to the people who bought tix to her show. They played themselves, cuz when has Lauren Hill been punctual or in her prime form at all in years? What did they expect?