***LAPTOP***NEW PRODUCER FROM FRISCO***LAPTOP

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Feb 19, 2006
shit dope my dude and this style will never be played out too, yall folks just fell off on that real hip hop, too much street talk not enough art for the music. But that laptop beats 2011 is bangin

Apr 25, 2002
shit dope my dude and this style will never be played out too, yall folks just fell off on that real hip hop, too much street talk not enough art for the music. But that laptop beats 2011 is bangin
um, i'm prolly one of the most "hiphop" emcees in the bay...this style of beat making (the chop so much primo gets annoyed) style is done and has been

Jan 19, 2006
yeah that is a really boring beat. Honestly I didn't even really like that style when it was popular. Half the reason I tended to listen to the bay growing up. There was less cookie-cutter production.

Apr 7, 2004
I TOLD TOP I POSTED HIS BEAT ON SICCNESS, AND HE SAID NOOOOOO! NOT SICCNESS. HAHAHA. I TOLD HIM ALL PUBLICITY IS GOOD PUBLICITY. REGARDLESS, IMA KEEP LOOKIN OUT FOR THIS CAT. TO ME AND OTHERS I'VE TALKED TO THIS DUDE'S JOINTS SOUND NOWHERE FROM PLAYED OUT. SOUNDS LIKE A BREATH OF FRESH AIR AND BRAND NEW. BUT THAT'S JUST ME.

Apr 7, 2004
TOP JUST LEFT STUDIO H20. RECORDED SOME CRAZY SHIT. TRYNA CONVINCE DUDE TO POST ONE OF HIS SONGS WITH HIM ON THE BEAT AND ON THE FLOW. THAT ULL BE SICK. HE SAID HE DON'T WANNA BE DISCOURAGED RIGHT NOW. GUESS I GOTTA FEEL HIM. AMYHOW THIS JOINT IS STILL HOT. SO UP......UP.....UP!

BASEDVATO

Judo Chop ur Spirit
May 8, 2002
I agree using a Jay-Z im a hustler homie sample is no where original - and has been done.

I'm not arguing his beat(s) suck, there just not fresh. I'm also a hiphop head, and thats not pushing the boundaries.

DJ Mark 7

djmark7.com
Jul 18, 1977
www.djmark7.com
I'd like to hear more from em...This one just didn't grab me at all. I kind of agree with Moe, it sounds like a 2003 era Rockafella beat imo. And please don't tell me it's cause I don't "know hip-hop" lol

Apr 7, 2004
and for the record, "hip-hop" doesn't = east coast. Let's cut that old shit out. E-40 is as hip-hop as Wutang Clan. Just cause you use samples doesn't make ya hip-hop.
EVERYTHING U SAID HERE WAS NOT EVEN AN ARGUMENT OF MINE MAN. I WAS MEARLY POSTING SOMETHING I THOUGHT SOUNDED GOOD TO ME AND OTHERS AND THOUGHT I SHOULD SHARE IT ON THIS FORUM. I NEVER SAID ANYTHING ABOUT EAST WEST NOTHIN AT ALL. ANYHOW IM NOT GUNNA ARGUE ON THIS FORUM ABOUT THE NEXT NIGGAS BEATS. SHIT I GOT MY OWN SHIT. BUT SOMETIMES I MEAN JUST SOMETIMES I THINK PEOPLE SHOULD ALWAYS LOOK AT THERE OWN THINGS, BEATS AND MUSIC BEFORE THEY CRITIQUE THE NEXT DUDES EFFORTS. AND THAT'S ONE MAIN PROBLEM WITH THE BAY AREA. REFERRING TO THE DUDE WHO STRAIGHT UP SAID THAT TOP'S SHIT SUCKED. I MEAN COME ON DUDE..

SF TRAXX

Composer / Producer
...REFERRING TO THE DUDE WHO STRAIGHT UP SAID THAT TOP'S SHIT SUCKED. I MEAN COME ON DUDE..
That's the thing about music, its an artform, and who can say one mans artform is better then the next mans? I mean what sounds good to you might not sound good to me etc..ya dig?

Either way its hard to swallow and even though the comment made wasn't a direct attack, when someone critiques your artform negatively we as people tend to go into a state of defense....

Its just instinctual I guess.

:siccness:

DJ Mark 7

djmark7.com
Jul 18, 1977
www.djmark7.com
EVERYTHING U SAID HERE WAS NOT EVEN AN ARGUMENT OF MINE MAN. I WAS MEARLY POSTING SOMETHING I THOUGHT SOUNDED GOOD TO ME AND OTHERS AND THOUGHT I SHOULD SHARE IT ON THIS FORUM. I NEVER SAID ANYTHING ABOUT EAST WEST NOTHIN AT ALL. ANYHOW IM NOT GUNNA ARGUE ON THIS FORUM ABOUT THE NEXT NIGGAS BEATS. SHIT I GOT MY OWN SHIT. BUT SOMETIMES I MEAN JUST SOMETIMES I THINK PEOPLE SHOULD ALWAYS LOOK AT THERE OWN THINGS, BEATS AND MUSIC BEFORE THEY CRITIQUE THE NEXT DUDES EFFORTS. AND THAT'S ONE MAIN PROBLEM WITH THE BAY AREA. REFERRING TO THE DUDE WHO STRAIGHT UP SAID THAT TOP'S SHIT SUCKED. I MEAN COME ON DUDE..
lol ALKOHOL I wasn't aiming it at you dog. Just that it's a common misconception and people who posted after you mentioned the whole east coast/hip-hop shit. The thing here I don't agree with you on is the "people should always look at their own things before they critique the next dudes efforts"....Music is made for FANS for the most part. And someone who is just a regular dude working a 9-5 has the most VALUED opinion if you ask me. They have an unbiased ear. And at the end of the day, people make music for normal folks to listen to. I never said he "sucked". The beat you posted sounded (to ME) generic and lacking feeling. Having computers in the music game is a double edged sword. It helps alot of people like myself find new ways of doing things but it also allows people with little to no skill to make "music". Again, not saying that this guy falls into that category but hopefully you can feel where I'm comin' from.

SF TRAXX

Composer / Producer
...And someone who is just a regular dude working a 9-5 has the most VALUED opinion if you ask me. They have an unbiased ear. And at the end of the day, people make music for normal folks to listen to...
QFT.

I agree 100%.
They are the ones who's opinion matters IMO.
They don't sit there and pick out everything thats "wrong" with the music, to them, it either "goes" or it doesn't....

$.02