"La Mission"

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

ESFCE

Sicc OG
Dec 4, 2004
^ make Frisco bad by basing it on actual facts? Wake up there are gays in Frisco and everywhere....but besides the gay shit it was a solid movie and it had top notch production value, no low budget shit. Really repped the city and Mission right with authentic music, location, and actors who are really from here

Mar 8, 2008
its hella gay its bout his son turnin fruit bag and him not liking fruits shits garbage made frisco look bad wit all that gay shit
nobody outside the bay or should i say Cali respect SF cause all that homo shit.. face it the city will always be looked at like the homo city and nothin more, cause it overshadows everything and anything else thats goin on in it..

Dec 25, 2003
I read a review on this movie that said it was basically 95% about "dont be mean to your gay kids"

Even a reviewer from SF called it lame for basically doing almost nothing but preaching about gay shit.

May 16, 2002
I came up on a clean copy of this movie & watched it last night :ermm:

Not what I expected, but rather a bit predictable in some scenes.

Over all, it's a story of a father who can't accept.. well you all know already.

Feb 7, 2006
I read a review on this movie that said it was basically 95% about "dont be mean to your gay kids"

Even a reviewer from SF called it lame for basically doing almost nothing but preaching about gay shit.
Thanks man, I wanted to check this movie out to see some authentic Nor cal chicano shit but it's just some gay preacy shit with a chicano veneer, fuck that. It seems like people just wanna force homosexuality on minorities especially on latinos and blacks...in that movie quincinera half of the movie is about her brother being some homosexual mexican gangbanger who has to hide his shit. Ok fuckers, we get the gay shit.

Dec 29, 2008
i think it was a good movie. just saw it on Saturday. I mean they chose to make the main plot a father son story about the father not accepting that his son is gay.

I think there's a lot of others stories about the Mission that could be told. I don't think the Bratts could make a grimier movie about the Mission because of lack of insight. So they did what they could. The Mission is grimey(violent) and there's a lot more about the hood that has never been shown to the world.

But overall it was good.

Elemenno

F.W.A.H.R.L.D.
Feb 28, 2009
I'm bout to check it out tomorrow. Peter Bratt was at my school talking about the movie. It looks pretty good for only being a 2 mil budget and actually shooting in San Francisco. Benjamin Bratt's character is based on an actual dude from the mission and the gay son part is based on his cousin and how his uncle reacted to finding out he was gay. If you get past the gay part, it seems really to just be about two clashing cultures living right next to each other (the mission and castro) and the drama that comes from it. Sounds like some real san fran shit to me.

Dec 29, 2008
it seems really to just be about two clashing cultures living right next to each other (the mission and castro) and the drama that comes from it. Sounds like some real san fran shit to me.
the mission and castro ain't right next to eachother. the castro is closer to noe valley and downtown than the mission.

Jun 25, 2007
they should of made a " blood in blood out " type of movie.. even something like " mi familia " wouldve been ok..
THATS WHAT I THOUGHT IT WAS GONNA BE LIKE BLOOD IN BLOOD OUT WHEN I GOT IT ON DVD A COUPLE WEEKS AGO BUT WHEN I PUT IT ON AND SAW THE SON START KISSIN THE WHITE DUDE I WAS LIKE WHAT THE FUCK IF IT DIDNT HAVE THAT IT WOULD HAVE BEEN BETTER BUT IT WAS ALRIGHT BESIDES THAT