L-Love signs with Universal Music Group:

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jun 1, 2007
www.cdbaby.com
Press Release​

Antioch California rap artist L-Love signed a letter of intent with Universal Music Group for a 3 year/2 album deal. This is one of the biggest record contracts since Master P signed a Label Deal for No Limit Records with Priority Records. What makes this deal so big? L-Love as an artist receives 80% of total net revenue on the back end. No artist has ever been able to obtain such a high percentage of their record sales from a power house Major Label such as Universal Music Group.

The first project to be released through the Universal Music Group stamp will be L-Love introduces Huey "Love, Life & Dreams Vol. 1.5". Don't let the title of the album fool you as the album will be a true L-Love solo release.

"I am not signing this contract with Universal Music Group to try to become the next Lil Wayne for their Company. I am signing this contract with Universal Music Group to open the door for those from my region THAT ARE WAY MORE TALENTED RAPPERS THEN ME. In the two instances where artists from my area got put on (C-Bo's Mob Figaz and Woodie "R.I.P.") they weren't able to extent that to other artists. I don't have a Label Deal, I have an Artist Deal, so I can't sign artists to Universal Music Group though I can bring attention to my area with a huge contract. Now it is up to the artists in my region to get their Business Proposals tight and have them ready when the Major Labels come to see why Universal Music Group signed an artist from Contra Costa County. Laze aka Mr. Walker is following my lead and is also in contract talks with a Major Label. I didn't get this deal because I am my regions best rapper, I got this deal because I AM MY REGIONS BEST BUSINESS MAN, PERIOD!​

Feb 8, 2003
Just until the final contract is completed. Some things were caught by the Attorneys and needed to be corrected before the official contract is inked.
so technically hes not signed yet they still negociating.

also not to sound funny he a unknown outside cali he not even in the top 5 on the reverbnation charts for his city dude is 134 so how he sign the biggest deal since master p? u gotta be wrecking shit to do that.

Nigga please.

Jun 1, 2007
www.cdbaby.com
GOOD FOR HIM BUT MR. KEE JUST INKED A BIG DEAL TOO SO I DON'T KNOW ABOUT IT BEING THE BIGGEST DEAL SINCE MASTER P.
The deal gives 80% on the back end. I don't know anyone else outside of Master P's "Label Deal" back in the day or Cash Money's "Label Deal" getting numbers like that on the back end (and it is an Artist Deal).

Apr 11, 2008
WWW.PLEASEATSOMESHIT.COM
This post seems awfully suspicious, considering this artist is unheard of, has no music on the radio, google searches pull up nothing, there is no mention of this artist in any major magazines or publications, nothing on universals website, and for the hell of it I called Josh Freda (his uncle is Vincent Freda) to check on the validity of this, and there is no artist named L-Love who has been offered any sort of deal by anyone at UMG or any subsidiary.

The wording of your "press release" only proves that this is merely a cry for attention from an artist struggling to get his name out there, since his music alone will not help it circulate. Could you provide us with more information to help validate this claim?

Keeping 80% of revenue for a brand new artist with zero track record that doesnt even pop up on a google search...is 100% bullshit.

Please include a link to a reputable source of information that will confirm this...for a deal of this magnitude there would certainly be information SOMEWHERE...

Lets make it easy, Who was L-Love working with over at UMG when he was offered the deal..all i need is his or her first name....

a google search comes up with shit like this

http://www.rapcentral.co.uk/forum/50-cent-vs-kanye-west-t22263.html

http://canibuscentral.ihiphop.com/forum/lofiversion/index.php/t47756-50.html

http://www.reverbnation.com/rapperllove

So a dude that cant even put together his own website or promotion is supposed to get signed a monstrous deal with UMG just for the fuck of it?
He has nothing listed on billboard, nothing registered anywhere, hell the dude barely even exists on the internet, let alone in the real life rap industry

by the way...did I mention this dudes music is pretty bad?....i mean man, how the hell do you expect anyone to believe this dude is going to be the next big thing?

#FAIL

YOU ARE FULL OF SHIT

Apr 29, 2011
This post seems awfully suspicious, considering this artist is unheard of, has no music on the radio, google searches pull up nothing, there is no mention of this artist in any major magazines or publications, nothing on universals website, and for the hell of it I called Josh Freda (his uncle is Vincent Freda) to check on the validity of this, and there is no artist named L-Love who has been offered any sort of deal by anyone at UMG or any subsidiary.

The wording of your "press release" only proves that this is merely a cry for attention from an artist struggling to get his name out there, since his music alone will not help it circulate. Could you provide us with more information to help validate this claim?

Keeping 80% of revenue for a brand new artist with zero track record that doesnt even pop up on a google search...is 100% bullshit.

Please include a link to a reputable source of information that will confirm this...for a deal of this magnitude there would certainly be information SOMEWHERE...

Lets make it easy, Who was L-Love working with over at UMG when he was offered the deal..all i need is his or her first name....

So a dude that cant even put together his own website or promotion is supposed to get signed a monstrous deal with UMG just for the fuck of it?
He has nothing listed on billboard, nothing registered anywhere, hell the dude barely even exists on the internet, let alone in the real life rap industry

by the way...did I mention this dudes music is pretty bad?....i mean man, how the hell do you expect anyone to believe this dude is going to be the next big thing?

#FAIL

YOU ARE FULL OF SHIT
ETHERED!

lopro

Sicc OG
Apr 7, 2006

#FAIL

YOU ARE FULL OF SHIT

28g w/o the bag

politically incorrect
Jan 18, 2003
metro's jurisdiction
siccness.net
by SMMWest on Sat Sep 22, 2007 11:16 pm

You have tried the Tupac (2Pac) clothing line, you have tried 50 Cents clothing line, you have tried Young Jeezys' clothing line and we all know P. Diddys' Sean John is trash, so now try the Best: L-Love Clothing.
Looking for a Gangsta Hyphy line of Hip Hop Gear that would even make Furl happy? (R.I.P Mac Dre)
AT HOME RECORDS has a line of Urban Wear that ranges from hoodies and baseball caps for the thugz, to tank tops and thongs for the Beezys. (Pop a THIZZ and model something for me baby)
This isn't any square Presidental George W. Bush type nerd wear, this is that Messy Marv Turf Type Hood Life wear. Like Messy Marv says "Get On My Hype". Rep The Bay!
Squares, and Sport Coats need not apply. Ohhh Coy!

lol quit it

::

Jun 1, 2007
www.cdbaby.com
Avery Lipman

New artist? 24 Solo albums released within stores with Distribution

Marketing Plan for Snoop Dogg's "Last Meal" cd.

Marketing Plan for Bad Azz "Personal Business" cd.

First Ever Koch Distribution Deal for a Rap Artist/Group. Land of da Lost 1999.

Radio Promotions for Bad Azz

Radio Promotions for Mac & A.K.

Deal for Lou-Nutt of Murder Dog Magazine presents "Da Morgue"

Deal for Da Mobb Family with Black Market/Rest In Peace/R-N-D Distribution

Label talks for many artists with Major Labels and Major Independent Distributors

Check the track record.

Doesn't matter what doubters think or choose to believe. When the Cd drops with Universal Music Group Distribution. The truth will be on the Record Store shelves.

iTunes:
http://itunes.apple.com/us/artist/l-love/id86512920