L-Love 'Jealousy & Envy'-Bootleg

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jan 22, 2003
I was at the Concord Flea Market and the guy in the Red Van that sells car stereo stuff was slanging cd's and I bought the L-Love 'Jealousy & Envy' cd. I think it is a Bootleg though cause it only has a white cd and a white cover with black writing, but here are my thoughts.

1. Intro. The beat on the Intro is cool, it sounds like some old Jazz music. He just gets you ready for the album and disses the person who shot him. (He was shot? When?)

2. Jealousy & Envy. The beat on the title song is WACK, it sounds like some Insane Clown Posse type music. L-Love's lyrics are on point and he is copying E-40's rap patterns on the song, pretty good song but the beat is WACK.

3. L-Love and Crooked I. I can't believe that he got Crooked I to record a song with him, but I am glad he did. This song is Slap. The beat is some old WestCoast Los Angeles Funk, like Above The Law used to do it. BEST SONG ON THE ALBUM!

4. Tha Bay. The beat on this song is Slap. It is just a whole song reppin' hard (very hard) for the Yay Area. Bay Area Radio should give this song a few spins.

5. L-Love and Crooked I (Warren G Mix). This is the same song as number 3, but with a different beat. The first one is better.

6. Str8 Laced performed by Pola Bear. The beat on this song is also on some Insane Clown Posse type level (L-Love stop with that crap! Your not Esham). Pola Bear rips the track talking about a HardCore Norteno' LifeStyle, but the beat has to go.

7. Hate Me performed by Jaz. The beat on this song is soooo phat. Jaz spits some heat. It doesn't sound like the Jaz that Jay-Z used to rap with. I need to find out more about this artist. Nice song.

8. Forget What A Hater Says featuring Pola Bear. The beat on this song is on a Hip Hop level, sounding like something Mobb Deep would do. The verses are Hard. L-Love and Pola Bear are going back and forth about just shaking all the haters.

9. "Phone Message". This is just a Phone Message from someone calling the Record Company telling L-Love that they heard his music on Kalx in Berkeley.

10. Dirt Hustling. The beat on this song is also on a Hip Hop level. The song is a dedication to Bay Area Hip Hop, Mystic Journeymen and Hobo Junction. Nice to hear someone give them their props.

11. L-Love and Crooked I (Swizz Beats Mix) Once again the same song with another beat. This time the beat is just WACK, and why are you using the same song 3 times?

12. Outro. Same beat as the intro. He talks about revenge on the person who shot him. Why is the outro in the middle of an album? That just doesn't make sense. (Bootleg!)

13. Your Messy. The beat is SLAPPPP! This is the best production that I have heard in the Bay Area ever. The lyrics are Amazing! This song right here, Oh Boy! This cat is killin' artists with this song alone! You gotta hear this song. On Mommaz!

14. Touching Every Angle performed by NBD featuring A-Wax. The beat is knock. The verses are all hot but A-Wax brings it. The hook is Phat, I like the vocal style.

15. I'm Taking The Kingdom Back!. The beat is over the top, this beat is Slap! The lyrics are blazing. L-Love is talking about Taking The Kingdom Back from the EastCoast and Down South. He talks about X-Raided, Brotha Lynch Hung and Yuckmouth being able to do it, how they are the Hottest out West. He is repping for the Westcoast and also spits some game about the business on the song. You gotta hear this song. Hottt!

16. FreakPlay. Mr. Luv featuring B-Legit. The beat is cool. Mr. Luv's verse is cool. B-Legits verse is hot but his vocals weren't recorded right. Sometimes people don't know how to record certain artists.

17. Do Yo' Thang featuring Cheif-Piece. The beat is on that Crunk Down South level. I don't know if this is the Cheif-Piece that Master P. signed up to The New No Limit but it has that feel to it. The song is alot like the Lil' Jon & Tha Eastside Boyz "Get Low". He needs to shoot a video for this song. Club Banger out the gates.

18. Dirty Work performed by N.H. and Smoov-E. The beat is cool, really laid back. The verses are all hot. Smoov-E is hot on the underground and this song shows why. Good track.

19. You On Dubbs performed by Jaz. The beat is cool. The lyrics are Phat. If Three 6 Mafia can sell copies of "Ridin' Spinners" then this should move too. I really need to get some material on Jaz.

20. Fake Niggaz featuring Damien. The beat on this song is very Musical. The lyrics are hard, they are clownin' fake niggaz that enter the rap industry. This song was off of the last L-Love album that I ordered: www.cdbaby.com/llove but it still fits on this album. Damien is a hot artist. I need to get some material from this artist too.

21. Cali Life performed by Pola Bear. The beat is just some old samples. The lyrics are hard though. Pola Bear always comes with that hardcore Norteno Gangbanging. He is alot like Woodie. I am waiting for his new album, cause the last one was Slap.

22. Summertime Switches performed by Pola Bear and Buco. The beat is phat, it is some old samples how Jay-Z did it on the Blue Print. Pola Bear is rippin' this track on his two verses. Buco on the other hand really needs to mature on the mic and you can really hear his Mexican accent coming through and it makes it a hard listen for me.

23. Tribute featuring Huey and Buco. The beat is phat. It is some old school Los Angeles type feel just like some old Ice-T. L-Love rips the first verse which is dedicated to Ice-T, then Huey comes in with a verse dedicated to the Entire old school, this guys voice is dead on Bubba Sparxxx. Then Buco spits the last verse. He really needs to mature on the mic, and I can't take his Mexican accent, it is very heavy.

24. U Say U Hate Me performed by Kiyle. Tight track on the level of what Eminem is producing for his artists like Obie Trice. The lyrics are also on the level of Eminem. This is one of the best FEMALE rappers that I have heard coming from the WestCoast!

The album I think is a Bootleg, and for that I think that it is a good showing. There are some very good songs on this project like the L-Love solo's "Your Messy" and "I'm Taking The Kingdom Back!". The Crooked I song is Hotttt. The NBD and A-Wax song is really phat. Jaz needs his on album out, he is a sick artist.
I think that I would truly say that the album is like the 5th Best Album that I have heard come from East Contra Costa County only following: 1. C-Bo's Mob Figaz "C-Bo's Mob Figaz" 2. The Jacka "The Jacka" 3. A-Wax "65 G'z In A Jordan Briefcase" 4. Woodie "Yoc Influenced".

Jan 22, 2003
After A Few More...

After a few more listens, I am liking this album more and more. The songs "Your Messy" and "I'm Taking The Kingdom Back!" are just too AMAZING!!!!
I can't wait to see what the "INDUSTRY" has to say. I want to see what they have to say about this album compared to the C-BO "The MobFather" and the YuckMouth "Godzilla" albums.

May 19, 2002
L-Love has heat, he has like 7 albums out already and the only one you can find is done but not finished. You may have the OG, cuz I remember the OG being on cdr with a cover that's it.