Kutt Calhoun talks candidly about reasoning for leaving Strange Music Inc.

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

L.D.S.

The Bakersman
Aug 14, 2006
Mizzourah
14 minutes of him telling candidly how he ended up with Tech, Grant, and Krizz during Strange's inception, and 4 minutes of Kutt talking through mass generalities about not being heard. The story leading up to it is really nice, though, so don't skip it on account of the sidestepping he does toward the end.

There's honestly more info regarding his feelings in Something's Gotta Give, but I still liked it.

Aug 23, 2002
If he feels like Strange didn't get him enough shine and publicity, wtf does he think he will do on his own? I understand feeling unappreciated, but did he feel like he should have gotten a bigger cut of album sales or tours? More than the rest of the roster? He helped build Strange, but I don't understand his beef. Even after listening to everything. It feels like he wants a hand out, instead of help in his career, and help moving it forward.

Truthfully though, he will not sell, except at 7th Heaven and a little on the internet. If he felt like he wasn't getting respect on Strange due to the soundscans, he is in for a big surprise being independent. Skatter and Snug thought they could do wayyy better on their own... they went quadruple wood after Strange.

Lets put it straight, Rich The Factor (most popular rap artist in KC, except Tech) sells bullshit. Probably less than what Kutt did on Strange. I don't understand what he really thinks he will do by himself, especially if he feels like he didn't get the publicity and sales that he should have on Strange.

Feb 9, 2006
Kutt just needs to get over himself and face facts. He aint THAT great. Does he have some good songs? Of course, but nothing stands out about him. He just another generic gangsta rapper. He has some good flow but so do hundreds of other cats out there in the game. I understand he help build strange and guess what, he got rich for it. He should be thankful he got what he got. If he never linked up with Tech, I HIGHLY doubt he would have what he has today. He'd prob stil be touring KC doing bullshit clubs and small venues trying to get signed like everyone else in KC. Quit being salty Kutt. U aint nothing special

K.C.

Sicc OG
Jul 28, 2012
I met Kutt right before he released his first album. He was living with this tattoo artist I knew in a dusty ass house by westport, he literally didn't have shit. I think he should be a bit more humble if you ask me. Tech gave that man a pretty nice come up considering what he was doing before the strange explosion. And I'm sure Tech wasn't letting him starve.

Oct 25, 2006
Let's face facts: Kutt will never be able to surpass or even match Tech's level of success being Tech's label mate. He will forever be known as Tech's hype man for as long as he let's it happen. Will he ever reach that amount of success on his own? Only time will tell, but at least the man is making a valid attempt to make it out and make his own success.
Anybody who listened to BLEVE or Flamez Mixtape (or even any of his other albums for that matter) knows that Kutt definitely has skills.

I respect a guy that can put his foot down and say "Enough is enough. It's time to do right by me". I wish the guy the best.

Dec 17, 2004
Let's face it every body wants to be there own boss and if it takes for kutt to leave strange to get his dream to become a reality them good for him, kutt has crazy skills and in my opinion he is way better then tech as in being a lyricist hands down so on that note his EP was dope

Nov 14, 2002
Listen. People bought the album, it's at least decent, he seems to be happy with it, so what's the problem?

And comparing Kutt to S&S? Please... Their shit was fuckin absolute trash

Feb 12, 2006
People that call Kutty Cal generic obviously have no ear for talented hip hop artists. There have been plenty of tracks where Kutt has ripped it, outshining Tech. He hasn't gotten his due. Then again take away all those kids he's got to feed and pay for and we wouldn't be having these conversations, he would be content with what he got. Kutt has more potential than most people Strange has ever signed with a couple exceptions. He's way better than Lynch, how many ways and times can you talk about nuts and guts. Murs is better, only one on Strange that has more talent than Kutt.
I am confident that Kutt has the talent and drive, and will find his way to payday.

JOK3R187

Ferocious Mackadoshis
Jun 17, 2005
lyrically he's up there with Tech and this EP proves that in most cases. I support the man 100% regardless of his relationship with Strange but is he better than Tech? I don't think so...

Tech's content, versatility and flare as far as being an artist is concerned is pretty much unrivaled and that is coming from an unbiased hip-hop fan in general.