KORG TRITON LE

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 25, 2002
That's like buying a Lexus but not getting power seats, power windows, moonroof, etc. The Triton LE is just a Triton that's been chopped down as much as possible to make it financially accessable to a wider range of people. It's the same reason the Akai MPC 2000 series exists.

My advice is just save your money until you have enough for atleast a Triton Classic, but preferrably a Triton Studio.

Kaze

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
C-Lo said:
its horrible, the screen on it is hella small and i bet sequencing is hella hard on it
Clo, you obviousley dont know shit. shut up

About the Classic Triton and The Studio,

The classic Triton has 62 voices, the studio has 64. The Studio has a way faster processor too. The Studio has a wayyyy better mic connection too. The studio is capible of holding an onboard burner, it's effects processor's bugs have all been fixed (apparentley they fucked it up on the origional triton when they revamped it from the trinity), umm whatelse... It has more slots for expansion boards.
I havent really played with the studio.... the stuff i posted is just what i heard

Apr 25, 2002
Triton Classic: 32MB PCM ROM samples, 16M RAM expandable to 64M, 62 voices in single mode/31 in double-mode, 640 programs total, 2 PCM ROM expansion slots.

Triton Studio: 48MB PCM ROM samples, 16M RAM expandable to 96M, 60 voices in single mode/30 in double-mode (this DOUBLES if you have a PCM ROM board so its really 2x what the Triton Classic has), 1536 programs total, 7 PCM ROM expansion slots, 5gig internal harddrive comes standard, SCSI controlled comes standard, digital i/o comes standard, 6x faster processor than the Triton Classic, 6x faster touch-screen, WAY better converters.

Thats the basics just off the top of my head but there are plenty more. Basically Korg released the Triton, listened to all the user feedback and made the Triton Studio. The Triton Classic is still a very capable workstation but the Triton Studio pisses all over it if you want the honest truth.

My $.02 worth of first-hand experience with both.