Korg microKontrol

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 26, 2006
Does anyone have one or have used one before? I think it looks pretty fucking sweet.

Just wondering about the quality/feel because I'm thinking about buying one just because it's small. I like the idea of it being 37 keys also. It's all I really need. I have an Axiom49 which is essentially the same shit except 1more octave of keys & 8 less pads, but it gets on my nerves because it's so big.

Apr 12, 2005
www.freeloadmp3.com
Damn ..Step up to the 61 key and never look back...trust me. When I shop for a midi controller it has to have the joy stick for pitch bend and modulation like the korg, however unless korg has upgraded the design since the triton , that part ends up breaking. Roland has the best in that Dept. I use my Jp8000 and that shit is old and never had an issue..they built to last.

Apr 26, 2006
Damn ..Step up to the 61 key and never look back...trust me. When I shop for a midi controller it has to have the joy stick for pitch bend and modulation like the korg, however unless korg has upgraded the design since the triton , that part ends up breaking. Roland has the best in that Dept. I use my Jp8000 and that shit is old and never had an issue..they built to last.
61 fucken keys! cmon now. I ain't playing no classical pieces. 49 keys is fine IMO, heck 37 keys is fine IMO, that's why I'm looking to shrink down my stuff. This 49 key Axiom I got is pretty fucken big. I mean it's cool, but it's just too fucking big. It's 32" in width. I play more monophonic shit than anything, so more one hand melodies. Chords, I really have to think about and do separate, lol.

BTW, how does the joystick end up breaking? Does it just snap in half from wear and tear or like just fuck up in alignment?

Apr 26, 2006
Ive never used one..... but im interested in the mpk 49 they all look the same tho so........
That controller certainly looks dope. If it was 37, I'd consider it. I've come to the conclusion that I don't really need 49keys. 3octaves in front of your face is fine IMO, not to mention all these controllers have octave shift buttons.

Apr 12, 2005
www.freeloadmp3.com
I think a spring breaks so when you flick it it stays in position instead of springing back.Ive seen a handful of Korgs with this problem....and 61 keys aint big..I see your point but with more room you have more play to let loose with out accidentally hitting a key. like everything it takes getting used to, but when you learn the value a piece of equipment has..those features you will look for in the future...so quit half assin it..get your lil nubs a lil practice and you will appreciate what im sayin...later Stubby Knuks.

May 6, 2002
nonstop.bandcamp.com
61 is too little for me... i was tryna use my motif as a controller the other day, and tryed to play a chord i normally do and ended up having to record the track 2 times around... lol

but if 37 suits u, the controler itself looks like its decent... run wit it and if you dont like it, take it back

Jan 6, 2003
www.midwestinvasion.com
61 is too little for me... i was tryna use my motif as a controller the other day, and tryed to play a chord i normally do and ended up having to record the track 2 times around... lol

but if 37 suits u, the controler itself looks like its decent... run wit it and if you dont like it, take it back

thats what im talking about. what ever suits your needs. booboo if 37 keys suits you run with it........50 if 61+ suits you then run with it....... its not about another mans preference its about your own preference.

Apr 26, 2006
thats what im talking about. what ever suits your needs. booboo if 37 keys suits you run with it........50 if 61+ suits you then run with it....... its not about another mans preference its about your own preference.
Yeah that's what I'm saying. I see what the others are saying, but I think 37 keys will suit my needs just fine. I mean 49 keys is perfect for me interms of octave range, but it's just too physically long IMO. I'm looking more at comfort. I want to see it all in front of my face, not have to shift my head left or right to see the rest of the board or slide my seat to reach another area better. Also for the way I make stuff, I'm not much of an all out live player, I like to break my melodies down into segments, if their long especially, by recording each at different times. So like if I need to go up a few octaves in my melody a few bars later, I can just record that another time. I guess it depends on your style of sequencing as well, I'm more Pattern based. You linear guys probably like to play all your shit out all at once.

Apr 12, 2005
www.freeloadmp3.com
Holy Shit Batman...you really do like to do things the hard way....hahha reminds me when people back in the days used MPC 60 and MPC 3000. Some people instead of hooking up their keyboards with midi cables....The mpc3000 for example has 4 midi oyts and you can daisy chain those so the MPC sequences all the keyboards...anyways some people did not know how to hook shit up and they would Sample their keyboard..chords melodies, bass etc and assign to the pads. Well you cant sample while hearing the beat going so it was trial and error...they still did it though, but after learning how to hook there shit up they never looked back.

Apr 26, 2006
What's the hard way, breaking melodies down into segments (because I can't play everything all at once sometimes, chords & melodies on top) or using Pattern based sequencing? Honestly, I think pattern based sequencing makes all that shit happen easier because you build your beats at the pattern level where it's basically constantly looping, then at the end you re-arrange at song level to build an actual song consisting of all those different patterns. It's like organizing all your shit in one area that's separate, then later on put all that shit together to form an actual song. I just find that shit a lot easier because I can work on ideas and scrap certain shit out I don't like, before deciding to put it in the actual song. Linear sequencing seems to force you to have all the ideas in your head already, since there's really no area to work on ideas. I guess you can do shit way far out like 20 mins out of the timeline, but then that just gets kinda unorganized and is essentially the same shit as pattern based sequencing, therefore why not just use a pattern based sequencer to begin with.

Feb 2, 2006
man yall over there on some got money shit im hungry over here with that 25 key e-mu board. boo boo me and u need to make a trade u say you want a little keyboard aint nothing wrong with mine u can play it sitting right on your lap. ill GLADLY take that 49 key m-audio board from up under you. matter fact whoever got the 60 key or 80 key boards ill take them mugs too!

or if anyone got this board

that m-audio board looks official too

i got this one for u

May 6, 2002
nonstop.bandcamp.com
^^ i got money from being hungry...

started out on fruity loops demo about 5 years ago, then about 2 months of that made me pull a lick on a mc 505 with no screen.. so i had to leard everything on that with no visual help.. just pressin buttons till it did what i wanted it to, then after about 10 months on that, i pulled a lick on a triton and caught a case off of it, so i had to hide that mufucka at peoples houses and couldnt use it regularly cause it was so hot...

i made enough off of that triton to buy a motif es, oasys 88, mpc 2000xl, mpc 4000, motif xs6, fantom xr, korg radius, microkorg, roland vsynth, timbaland miko and hella recording gear (u87ai, etc) now i dont really buy gear...

but if it wasnt for my hunger, and lack of content with my equipment, i woulda still been on fruity loops

Apr 26, 2006
Sure MALKI, I'll trade you for that 25key E-MU. Good one. haha

I just want something more compact with knobs/sliders/pads. The Axiom49 that I have is cool, but it's too big for my taste. The knobs also click when you turn them, kinda annoys me. It would be dope if the knobs turned flush with no sound like the sliders do.

I don't know, but I think I would just be more comfortable/happier if I had a more compact setup. Thus translate to making music better and more effortlessly.

Feb 2, 2006
^^ i got money from being hungry...

started out on fruity loops demo about 5 years ago, then about 2 months of that made me pull a lick on a mc 505 with no screen.. so i had to leard everything on that with no visual help.. just pressin buttons till it did what i wanted it to, then after about 10 months on that, i pulled a lick on a triton and caught a case off of it, so i had to hide that mufucka at peoples houses and couldnt use it regularly cause it was so hot...

i made enough off of that triton to buy a motif es, oasys 88, mpc 2000xl, mpc 4000, motif xs6, fantom xr, korg radius, microkorg, roland vsynth, timbaland miko and hella recording gear (u87ai, etc) now i dont really buy gear...

but if it wasnt for my hunger, and lack of content with my equipment, i woulda still been on fruity loops
you got a miko and an mpc 4000, motif xs6, fantom, a neuman u87 and more all from a triton?????????????? wowww thats like 15 g'z retail how much is that miko like 5 g's? how did u do that? let me hear your beats.

BOOBOO619 said:
Sure MALKI, I'll trade you for that 25key E-MU. Good one. haha

I just want something more compact with knobs/sliders/pads. The Axiom49 that I have is cool, but it's too big for my taste. The knobs also click when you turn them, kinda annoys me. It would be dope if the knobs turned flush with no sound like the sliders do.

I don't know, but I think I would just be more comfortable/happier if I had a more compact setup. Thus translate to making music better and more effortlessly.

that emu will be good for you. trust me ill drop it off for u. and ill take that m-audio off your hands matter fact fuck it ill drop off a reuglar computer keyboard

Nonstop we would like to hear some of what your doing...... If your making bread like that you gotta be doin some good music. Post somthin....

May 6, 2002
nonstop.bandcamp.com
spittin on about 2 or 3 of em, the rest is all on other peoples albums.

The first track was originally recorded by r Kelly, but there was some conflict on the business end so it fell thru.. But I just got a call a couple weeks ago saying he still wants it, so I don't know