KONY 2012

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Sep 25, 2005
http://visiblechildren.tumblr.com/

Show me the money.

According to Jason Russell’s appearance on the Today show several days ago, over 500,000 action kits have been ordered at $30 a piece, meaning this campaign has brought in a minimum of $15M in revenue this week. This is great news: at least 500,000 people are “advocate of awesome” according to the group’s webstore! So where’s that money going? I’ll leave it to Jedidiah Jenkins, Invisible Children’s Director of Ideology:

“Thirty-seven percent of our budget goes directly to central African-related programs, about 20 percent goes to salaries and overhead, and the remaining 43 percent goes to our awareness programs. […] But aside from that, the truth about Invisible Children is that we are not an aid organization, and we don’t intend to be. I think people think we’re over there delivering shoes or food. But we are an advocacy and awareness organization.”

Yes, you heard it from Invisible Children: more money goes to awareness than to Africa.

More detailed breakdown from the Guardian’s Julian Borger, John Vidal, and Rosebell Kagumire in Kampala, Uganda:

“Invisible Children’s accounts show it is a cash rich operation, which more than tripled its income to $9m (£5.68m) in 2011, mainly from personal donations. Of this, nearly 25% was spent on travel and film-making. Most of the money raised has been spent in the US. The accounts show $1.7m went on US employee salaries, $850,000 in film production costs, $244,000 in “professional services” – thought to be Washington lobbyists – and $1.07m in travel expenses. Nearly $400,000 was spent on offices in San Diego.”

Information about how they intend to spend their windfall 2012 revenue of a bare minimum of $15M has not been released, but as I wrote earlier, at least $3000 would’ve gone to flying me to both San Diego and Africa had I allowed them to do so. (Story behind that at the bottom of this post.) If I were Invisible Children, I’d start talking about where this new money’s going. I’m emailing Jason and Ben a link to this post to see if they’re willing to post a financial plan for the year ahead - is there yet another film in store?

Sep 25, 2005
These guys are scammers, and the worst kind of scammers IMO. Exploiting an already fucked up situation for financial gain is just about as bad as what they are accusing Kony of. Only an evangelical christian can get away with jacking off in the middle of the street and everyone's all, "ohh you should have compassion for him, he's stressed out etc." fuck that he's a faggot piece of shit that should be raped by Kony.

May 4, 2002
someone tryed to tell me about this at work, my exact words were "i dont give a fuck" he got pissed lol.

we got enough problems that we are not addressing here ,in the USA and flat out refuse to talk about.

Gas One

May 24, 2006
Downtown, Pittsburg. Southeast Dago.
taetae good info i never knew dude was from SD, i agree something is up, SD is a really huge military town, that much money, something is up

and ingrahm is near the beach, PB/MB im gonna say he was tweeking, unless someone slipped him some sherm its not really known around that area but theres plenty of tweekers and naked peopel flipping out in PB isnt all that unheard of, ill just say i wouldnt be too caught off guard, its one of those transient/beach areas that breed tweekers

LISICKI

rosecityplaya
Dec 9, 2005
that 30 min video took breeeeead to produce - just like any infomercial you gotta spend money to make money and always hit um with the act now dont think just buy time is running out shit