klitchko / williams is on

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 24, 2002
www.sovereign-records.com
danny williams ( who recently ko'd tyson ) gets a shot at the wbc title held by vitaly klitchko. the fight will take place in december . ( i believe the date is dec.4th ) , who do yall think will take this , i got vitaly by ko . williams is a fluke . thats my opinion . also , i dont think williams instantly deserves a shot at the linear title yet just because he won against tyson. i think they should have waited to see if james toney wins this month ( which he should ) because he will be ranked #1 by the wbc .

Dec 25, 2003
Williams ain't got a hope in hell against Klitschko. He should milk it while he can coz it ain't gonna last. He beat an injured Mike Tyson but he ain't no threat to the top heavies. If he fights Klitschko he'll get KO'd fast.

Dec 25, 2003
Tyson vs Klitschko would be cool but I wanna see what James Toney can do to these fools. And don't get me wrong, I'd like to see Danny Williams do Klitschko but he's just not good enough so it ain't gonna happen.

With his win over Tyson (all excuses aside) Williams is the name heavyweight opponent. Any promoter can market a match against him right now.

When I covered the Vitali Klitschko-Corrie Sanders fight in LA James Toney called out all the heavyweight contenders at the post fight press conference. Right now he needs to take this tune up bout against Rydell Booker on Sept. 23 (Fox Sports Net) and see how his leg holds up. After that he is scheduled to fight again on Dec. 18. No opponent has officially been named, but one of the names being tossed around is Monte Barrett.

When Vitali came out to speak with the press he told us how much he wanted to fight 'Iron' Mike. He said it had been a dream of his since his was 15. With Mike losing his last bout to Williams that option was eliminated, and the next closest thing...for the moment...is to take on Danny Williams. It's really a no lose situation for Williams. If he somehow wins then he'll be livin large, but if he loses and proves to be a fluke...so what...most people look at him as a fluke already.

If Vitali wins this match, and James Toney wins his next two bouts look for them to fight eachother sometime next year.

Brian Blake
RealBoxing.com

Here's a quote from Julius Francis:

"My fight with Vitali was so long ago, but I do remember that he hits as hard as Tyson, who I fought, and Lennox Lewis (who Francis sparred with many times). Danny hits hard, too, but not as hard as those three. They are single-shot KO artists while Danny has a lot of boxing ability and kind of overwhelms opponents with flurries of hard shots."

"Danny throws more punches than Klitschko and he has to do that in this fight but it will be difficult. Maybe even more difficult than the first round Danny had with Tyson. I'm not saying Danny will lose, but this is the fight of his life."

Brian Blake
RealBoxing.com