Kings trade Keon Clark to Utah....

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Sep 7, 2002
http://www.nba.com/kings/news/Kings_Trade_Keon_Clark-81901-58.html

SACRAMENTO, CA ---- The Sacramento Kings announced today that the team has traded center/forward Keon Clark and two future second-round picks to the Utah Jazz in exchange for a future second-round draft pick.

“We want to thank Keon for his contribution this past season,” Sacramento Kings President, Basketball Operations Geoff Petrie said. “This was a very difficult decision, but we have to consider the overall economic ability of our team in this market. With this trade, we think we found a good situation for Keon, while reducing our economic exposure for the upcoming season.”

What the fuck?

Thats what Sac needs improvement on the most, inside game.

So now its only Vlade and Brad Miller. Is that it?

I also heard Jim Jackson wants to sign with the T-Wolves to... (thats a loss)

May 10, 2002
Young Bull said:
traded center/forward Keon Clark and two future second-round picks to the Utah Jazz in exchange for a future second-round draft pick.
the fuck kinda trade is this? Keon Clark AND 2 future 2nd's for just ONE future 2nd? i guess...

“We want to thank Keon for his contribution this past season,” Sacramento Kings President, Basketball Operations Geoff Petrie said. “This was a very difficult decision, but we have to consider the overall economic ability of our team in this market. With this trade, we think we found a good situation for Keon, while reducing our economic exposure for the upcoming season.”
ok so whats the real reason...

May 21, 2002
Sacramento, CA
From the Sac Bee...

"The cost-cutting move will save the Kings approximately $5 million from the 2003-04 payroll. However, it leaves the Kings with only 10 players under contract for next season. The cost-cutting move will allow the Kings some cap room to go after free agent guard Jim Jackson."

Begin spin:

I don't think the 2d round pick exchange was a losing part of the deal for us. Utah should have a VERY high second round pick, while for the foreseeable future, the Kings' 2d round picks will be VERY low ones. I see the Jazz as likely to have the worst record in the WC and one of the 3 or 4 worst in the NBA, so that could be very close to a first round pick -- only without the obligation to give the pick a guaranteed contract. If it also freed enough room to sign JJ, then maybe they figured they could afford to lose Clark, but with Hedo gone HAD to re-sign JJ.

Certainly the money was the key and not many owners are willing to pay the luxury tax. We still have Wallace, Funderburke and Songaila to bring in at forward. We aren't as deep as we once were, but we're still deeper than most. Besides, depth is only good for the regular season. In the playoffs, a teams top 7 (maybe 8 ) is the only important element.

I'd expect the Kings to win between 55-60 games this year, but they have a better top 7 rotation now for the playoffs.

Last Year:

Bibby
Doug
Peja
Webber
Vlade
Bobby
JJ
Keon/Pollard/Hedo - all no-shows

This season:

Bibby
Doug
Peja
Webber
Miller
Vlade
Bobby

End of spin.

And more on that Jimmy J to the Wolves "rumor" : http://www.twincities.com/mld/twincities/sports/basketball/6458830.htm

Petrie better have something up his sleave.

Apr 25, 2002
dam

SJ Ryda said:
This is the type of dumb shit the Warriors organization be doin...never thought the kings would do some dumb shit like this
You know, when I first read this post, thats the exact thing I was thinking, Kings are the Warriors of the 2000's. Taking they best players and trading them off, just like the warriors did. Thats why webber is in Sac now, he is a warrior "spin-off" originally.

LAKERS IN 2004, KNOW ABOUT IT GOT 'EM!!! LMAO:devious:

Apr 25, 2002
@ DT

So you sayin the moves that the Kings have made in these past few weeks have been sound moves? Hedo hone, Keon gone? Getting rid of Pollard was cool, but stilll Pollard did contribute to that team as a role player. Funderburke is garbage, Kings should have gotten rid of him awhile ago.

and yes, a LAKER fan since 86':confused:

May 21, 2002
Sacramento, CA
Hedo was outy anyway. I've BEEN saying that since the begining of last year. He openly challenged Peja, then Christie for their starting positions and failed in succesive years. Believe me, dude wanted out regardless. He wants to start. Now he got his wish.

Keon? That sux, but they had to cut him loose for monitary reasons. Plus it's rumored he wasn't exactly the best fit in the locker room.

It's not like they cut Bobby, Webber, Vlade, Christie, Bibby, or Peja.

The Warriors?

May 19, 2002
www.cdbaby.com
First off the Hedo trade was tight for Sac!!! They got Miller in that deal!! So that was a great trade!! The Clark trade was strictly about money!!! So all in all, Sac has a better team this year than last year!! They just have to stay healthy!! Im with u deep, these fools callin Sac the Warriors, like Clark is a star or sumthin!!! Yall will see!! GOT EM!!!

Apr 25, 2002
I was reading the editorials in the Sacramento Bee, and this one cat wrote a letter that said something like this: (paraphrased)

"I am from Sac, and I am a Kings fan, but I will be the first to admit that the Kings are a good team, but they are not a GREAT team. They seem to have all it takes to get to that other level, but year after year they are missing something and dont have what it takes to pull it off, the Kings are to the Lakers, what Utah was to Chicago in the 1990's, they just dont have those "great" players that will get them to where they want to go"

I agree, no matter what gripe that Sac has had, from 'bad officiating" to whatever else they would like to make up as an excuse to why they cannot go all the way. Its getting tired. When I made the Warriors reference, not speaking that the Kings are sorry like Golden State, but that they givin up all they lil players they had, that could be very beneficial to the team. Yea Hedo will be Hedo, but hedo has that experience of playing against the Lakers in "crunch time", he was still being molded, well I guess when Hedo new team comes to play Sac over there at Arco arena, he will torch they ass for 30+ points like Tony Delk did...