King Tee

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 20, 2005
07/26/05 | King T Back With 3 New Projects!
Fuck a Champ, the King is here! It's been a minute since West Coast veteran King T blessed us with a verse, but that's about to change real fast. King T is back in full effect, dropping not 1, not 2, but 3 projects next month! Westcoast2k reached out to the King to get the low on things.

First things first, King T is dropping a new mixtape next week, on August 1st, called "Boss Up Volume 1". It will showcase new talent as well as familiar names, and the main focus is to connect the new with the old, which is definitely a good look for new artists.

"Mostly what I wanted to do with this mixtape was showcase a bunch of new talent that's coming from the West Coast, like Young Maylay, Young Noi, Mr. West, and a few other cats. Plus I wanted to get with some of my homies like Comptons Most Wanted. I also did something with B-Real. I got a few things from the Dogg Pound, I got something with Kurupt, then I got some stuff from Soopafly with Richie Rich, Gonzoe, and Daz. I also got Tri Star and Eastwood, and I'm on like 5 cuts, but it's mainly just showcasing new talent, cause we gotta get the West back on top. As far as producers, I got Jesse West from New York, One Eye, this new kid from the West named E, and then I did like half of the mixtape that's original beats. " King T told Westcoast2k.

"I feel like it's on its way back to the West, we're gettin' a lot of play now. We just need avenues like I'm trying to give right here with the "Boss Up" mixtape. That's what it's all gonna be, showcasing new talent from the West. That's the only reason that I'm trying to do mixtapes, to get the kids and get them out there. It's pretty cool right now, because it used to be real hard to hear new talent from the West. But now people are on us, it's Down South now, and it's coming back around to the West Coast." King T continued.

Click here to hear a little message from King T and get the idea behind the "Boss Up" mixtape.

Besides that, King T also got a Greatest Hits album coming out entitled "G-Hits" (the old school album cover alone explains it all).

"I also got a CD coming out with my old hits that I had back in the days, like "Bass", "Played Like A Piano", "Act A Fool", "Str8 Gone", the song I was on Dre's album "Some L.A. Niggaz", or the song I did with Spice 1 called "West Ridin'". That will come like a week later after the mixtape." King T said.

On top of that, King T will also re-release his unreleased Aftermath album "Thy Kindom Come". This will be come out in the exact same form how it was mastered on Aftermath.

"We will re-issue it. It's gonna be a different version of the album than the bootleg that came out. It's gonna be the actual album that was mastered that I did with Dre. The bootleg was just put together, but we gonna put out the real one. With the bootleg I didn't really mind, I kinda helped put it together because I wanted people to hear it" T said. http://www.westcoast2k.net/

caff

Sicc OG
May 10, 2002
cant forget the running man by king tee "at your own risk" video. funny shit, king tee is the shit

Ry

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
  • Ry

Ry

I think the first time I saw lowriders hoppin in a music video was in the video for Bass.