Killa Valley Ent. Interview

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Oct 21, 2002
Sup Playaz........I'm gonna be doin an interview with Killa Valley and need to know what yall would like to know about em. Hit me up with any questions you would like answered.
Stay up,

og MS

Member since 1997
Apr 25, 2002
www.killavalley.com
young droop is on his own now.

the roster at this point contains
Kaoz The Assassin
Myth
Twamp Nina
Trifelen
Hydro
Big Chill
Jesse James
B.G. Evil
Dubble J
and Rock D

got a few surprises for 2003 ... wit some established artists.

still shinin' and fuck the haters, if you readin' this and grittin your teeth and gettin' butthurt at the line up and upcoming success.. then I'm talkin to you!

one luv to the true supporters down since day 1

og MS

Member since 1997
Apr 25, 2002
www.killavalley.com
I can answer that. :)

With his contract being up it was only a matter of time before we started assembling a complete roster, a team if you will. We think it's more of an asset to have a stable full of hungry hardworking talent at this point and we find it more versatile to have 5 albums combine to sell 8,000 units with less overhead than funneling almost all our resources into the "bigger" album to sell 8,000. Don't get us wrong, we introduced and developed the "franchise" and we will have no problems developing other artists. We're trying to be more "team" oriented rather than having one "star" if you will. We have more resources at this point along with a fully operational studio and a van, so that helps a lot. Low overhead is the key word. Has the parting w/ the franchise artist affected sales for KVE? not at all. 2002 is our biggest year thus far in terms of profit margin. sales don't mean a thing if profit margin is 0. That means selling 3500 on Controversy Sellz @ an average of $5 per unit is $17,500 minus expenses incurred (roughly $5,000) which leaves a profit of $12,500 and ($3,000 or so is held via 35% reserve on any returned product)... on the same note selling 8,000 of KVMOI @ $5 per unit is $40,000 minus expenses incurred about $28,000 or so $20,000 in promotion alone) so that leaves a $12,000 with about $3000 held via 35% reserve on returns.....

Turns out Controversy Sellz was a more profitable album.

maybe i rambled on too much. but hope that helps explain what many don't and won't understand.