KIFFIN TO SYRACUSE

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Dec 17, 2002
WWW.SICCNESS.NET
KIFFIN TO THE ‘CUSE?

Posted by Mike Florio on September 17, 2008, 10:50 a.m. EDT

As the Syracuse football program continues to disintegrate before our eyes, there’s a rumor of a fresh-faced NFL coach who might land in upstate New York before too long.

Per the Buffalo News, Raiders coach Lane Kiffin has been linked to the likely opening in the land of orange. The current head coach at Syracuse is Greg Robinson, a former NFL assistant coach.

With Kiffin due to participate in a conference call with Buffalo reporters as the Raiders plan to take on the Bills, there could be a question or two about the situation.

Rampant media reports indicated that Kiffin would be fired by the Raiders as soon as Wednesday. On Tuesday, Adam Schefter of NFL Network reported that Kiffin is safe for now. Even if he doesn’t get fired in the short term, he widely is regarded as the coach least likely to return to his current team in 2009.

In the offseason, Kiffin supposedly was in the mix for the vacancy at Arkansas. As we heard it over at PFT, he was pissed that he didn’t get the position. Kiffin denied that he was under consideration for the job.

Just like Nick Saban did as to Alabama two years ago.

Aug 12, 2002
www.veronicamoser.com
Buffalo's media isn't trying to cause a distraction, Tony, you bumbling idiot. Why would the Buffalo media give a shit about the Oakland franchise? They're trying to link Kiffen to the job because he's a good head coach, and is a part of the great USC tradition.

And rofl @ the Niners fan talking about a lack of talent...oh, the irony.

Aug 12, 2002
www.veronicamoser.com
Very true...I might be more inclined to blame coaching and players for the past half-decade of horrible play and even worse records if they were the same coaches and same players, but since it's been a clusterfuck of different faces every single year...the common denominator is AL DAVIS.

Mar 16, 2005
That was the point of his sarcasm, scary...lol! Cmon man, i know that shit didnt fly over your head now, did it?

ANYWAYS

Al Davis really has lost his damn mind. Losing these games has less to do with Kiffin than it does with other factors...like Al Davis.
ehh my bad I guess, I really thought he was serious with that remark.