Keith Olberman destroys you Prop 8-supporting

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Nov 24, 2003
your a fucking idiot. he has the same argument all of you on here have which has been brought up 1000 times.

Because it is the only argument they can defend, although it has been suggested many times that not only is it not the only argument, but possibly the one with the least merit and therefore easiest to argue from the no side.

Why don't you try arguing that the voting populace decided this is how they want things to be and then tell me that in this case the government should DICTATE to the people how things should be; then finish up by saying that the we have a government of the people, and that the government should only DICTATE to the population when YOU find it to be necessary. :ermm:

Or perhaps you could produce some documentation that proves first of all the God does in fact exist, and secondly that he wrote universal laws detailing that not allowing gays to marry was an inherent human rights violation. Since that doesn't exist, we get to make our laws based on what the majority of people want. Unless you want to suggest for some reason that your right is greater than that of the majority, and that you won't feel the same way on another matter when the majority of people decide to legalize marijuana for example and a minority claims that it is wrong to let the majority decide that.

Jun 9, 2007
this fuckin country's been overanalyzing this issue since the beginnings of marriage...

if gay people wanna get married and be miserable like the rest of us, LET EM.... who gives a shit....

'ooohhh nooo, my God will send me to hell if I live in a world with married gay people!!!'

Eat a dick. Pun intended.

Oct 28, 2005
www.myspace.com
People say "marriage is supposed to be between a man and a woman"..most people got that from spriritual beliefs, which probably doesnt agree with divorce either but people get divorced up the ying yang...the fact is, people SHOULD never give their spiritual beliefs as reason to be against something like this....
Question: Why is it illegal to kill someone?

Question: Why is it not legal to marry a 10 year old?

Question: Why do I have to even ask these ridiculous questions?

If Olbermann wants to continue down this road of "Blacks couldn't marry whites 50 years ago", and use that as some kind of argument for Gay Marriage......he has no choice: he is COMPELLED to argue that ANY AGE person should be able to marry ANY AGE person. Period. End of story. But because Olbermann is a fraud, you couldn't get him to name a minimum age for marriage. He wouldn't do it. He'd dance around the issue. And even if he did have the balls to give an answer ("16".... "15"), all you'd have to do is ask "WHY?" and he'd fall apart.

Marriage is about Children. Marriage is about 1+1=3. Marriage is not about 1+1=2. Arguing people get married for the wrong reasons, or not to have children, etc.--it's the same reason people get prosthetic legs that look like real legs, even if they can't move them: sometimes, the appearance of normalcy is more important than normalcy itself.

Stop the madness. It has nothing to do with religion, and everything to do with a shared common sense: the same common sense that says 12 year olds shouldn't be marrying 40 year olds (even WITH their parent's permission), is the same common sense that applies here. Deal with it.......or face the consequences.

Dec 18, 2002

If Olbermann wants to continue down this road of "Blacks couldn't marry whites 50 years ago", and use that as some kind of argument for Gay Marriage......he has no choice: he is COMPELLED to argue that ANY AGE person should be able to marry ANY AGE person. Period. End of story. But because Olbermann is a fraud, you couldn't get him to name a minimum age for marriage. He wouldn't do it. He'd dance around the issue. And even if he did have the balls to give an answer ("16".... "15"), all you'd have to do is ask "WHY?" and he'd fall apart.

Marriage is about Children. Marriage is about 1+1=3. Marriage is not about 1+1=2. Arguing people get married for the wrong reasons, or not to have children, etc.--it's the same reason people get prosthetic legs that look like real legs, even if they can't move them: sometimes, the appearance of normalcy is more important than normalcy itself.

Stop the madness. It has nothing to do with religion, and everything to do with a shared common sense: the same common sense that says 12 year olds shouldn't be marrying 40 year olds (even WITH their parent's permission), is the same common sense that applies here. Deal with it.......or face the consequences.
I can see that Western hasn't helped you very much...

Apr 8, 2005
Because it is the only argument they can defend, although it has been suggested many times that not only is it not the only argument, but possibly the one with the least merit and therefore easiest to argue from the no side.

Why don't you try arguing that the voting populace decided this is how they want things to be and then tell me that in this case the government should DICTATE to the people how things should be; then finish up by saying that the we have a government of the people, and that the government should only DICTATE to the population when YOU find it to be necessary. :ermm:

Or perhaps you could produce some documentation that proves first of all the God does in fact exist, and secondly that he wrote universal laws detailing that not allowing gays to marry was an inherent human rights violation. Since that doesn't exist, we get to make our laws based on what the majority of people want. Unless you want to suggest for some reason that your right is greater than that of the majority, and that you won't feel the same way on another matter when the majority of people decide to legalize marijuana for example and a minority claims that it is wrong to let the majority decide that.
where does god come into this?

Apr 8, 2005
People say "marriage is supposed to be between a man and a woman"..most people got that from spriritual beliefs, which probably doesnt agree with divorce either but people get divorced up the ying yang...the fact is, people SHOULD never give their spiritual beliefs as reason to be against something like this.....because chances are while that person is saying "God said marraige is between a male and female", they are also out getting drunk and having sex outside of marriage(which im sure is not in compliance with their beliefs)...religious people pick and choose what parts of their religious beliefs they will follow depending on their own benefits and desires....kind of selfish IMO..
can you provide proof that most people that voted yes have these views?

honestly, religion aside, because i do not believe religion should ever dictate a non religious persons life. it has been posted many times by people who show no spirituality the negative effects homosexual marriage will have on the future. even in educational facilities where YOUR children are/will eventually end up being taught. you have many assumptions you use to perpetuate your attack, none in which you show fact to support your claims.

Apr 16, 2003
google.com

You made absolutely no fucking sense at all.

HIM

Sicc OG
Sep 27, 2002
can you provide proof that most people that voted yes have these views?

honestly, religion aside, because i do not believe religion should ever dictate a non religious persons life. it has been posted many times by people who show no spirituality the negative effects homosexual marriage will have on the future. even in educational facilities where YOUR children are/will eventually end up being taught. you have many assumptions you use to perpetuate your attack, none in which you show fact to support your claims.
You CANT put religion aside because many people's disagreement with homosexuality is due to their religious views....I am aware that NOT only religious people object to homosexuality or voted yes on Prop 8, but religious people are great enough in numbers in California and America in general to where it HAS to be factored in...I didnt say being against homosexual's marrying was wrong, I just pointed out that its hypocritical for a religious person to say "im against homosexuality because its a sin" but then turn around and commit other sins that God would also disagree with...

If homosexual marriage will have negative effects, why not just ban homosexuality altogether? homosexuality will have a negative effect regardless if they are allowed to get married, right? Is it about them being married or being homosexual's in general? The problem seems like its about them being homosexual in general, not whether or not they are married....its not like those who oppose are saying "its ok that you are homosexual, its just NOT ok for you to get married"....

Apr 8, 2005
You CANT put religion aside because many people's disagreement with homosexuality is due to their religious views....I am aware that NOT only religious people object to homosexuality or voted yes on Prop 8, but religious people are great enough in numbers in California and America in general to where it HAS to be factored in...I didnt say being against homosexual's marrying was wrong, I just pointed out that its hypocritical for a religious person to say "im against homosexuality because its a sin" but then turn around and commit other sins that God would also disagree with...

If homosexual marriage will have negative effects, why not just ban homosexuality altogether? homosexuality will have a negative effect regardless if they are allowed to get married, right? Is it about them being married or being homosexual's in general? The problem seems like its about them being homosexual in general, not whether or not they are married....its not like those who oppose are saying "its ok that you are homosexual, its just NOT ok for you to get married"....
everyone sins, and every sin is equal in gods eyes. so your in their boat if you wanna be on the religious tip.

homosexuality does not cause the problems i am talking about. embracing their lifestyle as "normal" and allowing them to enter into a contract such as marriage will lead to other negativities. did you not read anything in the prop 8 thread?

Jul 29, 2008

2 consenting adults that full aware of themselves should do what ever they want. Gays and lesbians do not bug me in any way, shape or form.

I do laugh at some gay jokes, but all joking aside. I got my life to live and it doesnt revolve around 2 strangers getting married. I voted against prop 8 bekuz it doesnt hurt me in anyway.

Believe it or not, Keith to me has a good point.. a more open point of view.
Civil rights was a different movement and has its own perspective... but the aspect of equal rights is what it is about.

when that prop comes up again, I will do the same thing.

People bring religion up. Well fukn Priests molesting little boys is okay?

Apr 8, 2005
2 consenting adults that full aware of themselves should do what ever they want. Gays and lesbians do not bug me in any way, shape or form.

I do laugh at some gay jokes, but all joking aside. I got my life to live and it doesnt revolve around 2 strangers getting married. I voted against prop 8 bekuz it doesnt hurt me in anyway.

Believe it or not, Keith to me has a good point.. a more open point of view.
Civil rights was a different movement and has its own perspective... but the aspect of equal rights is what it is about.

when that prop comes up again, I will do the same thing.

People bring religion up. Well fukn Priests molesting little boys is okay?
obviously it effects you in some way. you keep voting