Kataztrophik Review! Cop Yours Today!

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 25, 2002
www.nightshield.net
For those who are still sleeping you can cop this album along with the Cin'atra album for just $10!
http://www.nightshield.net/special.html

Blutarski said:
Sorry this took way too long to get to you Night Shield, I apologize. Thanks for sending the album my way, I enjoyed it a lot, it's your best release yet homie, keep up the good work and don't stop making good albums. I should be hitting with the Cin'atra review sometime this week too, so stay tooned. Thanks again.

As always feel free to post this whever you want, just give the credit to 2 Sicc Reviews.

Late!

Night Shield - Kataztrophik

1) "Kataztrophik"
A cool beat plays in the background done by D-Sane as a serious of news clips talking about storms and disasters happening. Night Shield spits a short flow to end the clip with. A tight ass song to get things started with. I'm feeling this intro.

2) "Shut Your Mouth"
JR lays down a good beat to get this song started. Night Shield spits a coo flow on the mic. He talks about how people don't know who he is or what kind of work he puts in and that all the haters and fakes need to shut their mouths. A solid song overall, the beat gets your head moving as Night Shield spits a coo flow.

3) "Like Me" ft. Mobius, Cin'atra
Mobius handles the production for this song and brings a knoccin beat. He also starts the song off on the mic with a solid verse, he also does the hook with a tight flow, I like this part of the song the best. Cin'atra has the second verse and I think has the best mic presence of the three. Night Shield finishes of the track with a good verse of his own. This is a tight ass song overall, definately one of the best songs with Night Shield and Cin'atra I've heard yet.

4) "How We Ryde" ft. The Young Nobles, Cin'atra
JR lays down another solid beat, but this time it has a slower feel to it. Night Shield starts it off on the mic with a coo flow. The Young Nobles come tight on the mic with their two verses and the chorus. Cin'atra comes tight on his verse too. This is a well put together track, I'm feeling all the verses, the beat is good, the hook isn't as good, but it's coo though. A good song overall, I'm feeling it.

5) "Hit Me Back" ft. Christina Bulatao
C. Sharp handles a coo laid back sounding beat for this track. Night Shield puts it down on the verses nicely as Christina Bulatao lays down the background vocals on the chorus. This is kind of a lay back and chill type of song, I'm not a big fan of it, it's not one of my favorite songs on the album. A decent song overall, nothing really wrong with it, but I'm not into it much.

6) "Work" ft. Haystack, Shadowyze, Wanz
Mr. D-Sane does the production for this track nicely. Haystack starts it off on the mic, but I'm not a big fan of his style, I like the lyrics he spits, but I don't like his voice much. Night Shield has the second verse and spits one of the best verses on the album, I like how he slows down his flow a little it sounds better this way. Wanz has the last verse, again like Haystack he has some coo lyrics, but I'm not feeling his voice. Shadowyze does the chorus to the song nicely. It's still a pretty good song overall, I'm just not a fan of either Haystack or Wanz's voices.

7) "Make it Last" ft. Chad Sharp
Big Ice & Oral Bee do the production for this song and bring a knoccin ass beat too. Night Shield starts it off with a tight flow. Chad Sharp does the singing on the chorus, but I'm not feeling it much, it makes it sounds too much like and R&B song for my taste. Night Shield talks about hooking up with a girl and asking for a chance to make it last all night long. A decent song, the verses and the beat are good, but I'm not feeling the chorus at all.

8) "One Time" ft. Triple Crown, Arjay
Mobius lays down a tight beat to get this thing started. Night Shield is up first and spits a tight verse, I like his delivery right here and his lyrics talk about starting from nothing and working his way up in the rap scene. Cin'atra has the second verse and spits a solid verse. Overflow is next and comes next with a good verse. All three talk about coming up in the rap game. Arjay does the chorus with a tight sounding reggae type of flow. An all around tight ass song, one of my favorite on the album.

9) "Call Me a Savage"
Night Shield brings the heat on the mic on this song. Arythmatik does the beat to the song with a lot of piano in the background. Night Shield brings some good lyrics to the table talking about being a savage on the mic. A good song overall, nice to see Night Shield can hold it down on these solo tracks.

10) "Nativez in Praise" (interlude) ft. Overflow
Overflow brings the heat on the mic with a tight flow, this is definately the best song I've heard from Overflow yet. A tight beat plays in the background too. I don't know if it's a clip from a future Overflow album or what, but it's clean.

11) "I'm so Crazy" ft. Bullet, Jazz
I'm not feeling this beat by Deeper Era Productions at all, it's trying to have a club feel to it, but it doesn't pull it off well. Night Shield and Bullet spit some solid verses as Jazz does the background vocals on the hook. I'm not really feeling this song at all though, not the best mic work from either of the two and the beat just doesn't get me into the song at all.

12) "Hater Proof" ft. V The Noble 1 (of Young Nobles)
Btaka Brown brings a tight hard hittin beat to speakers as Night Shield starts the song off with a clean verse. V The Noble from the Young Nobles brings the heat on the mic. He is my favorite of the Young Nobles and he shows why with this tight verse. V also does the hook with a coo spit. Night Shield gets back to the mic and finishes off the track with another tight verse. I'm feeling this song to the fullest.

13) "Adolescence" ft. Overflow
The beat done by Mr. D-Sane gives off that sentimental feel to it. Overflow starts it off talking about his adolescence and his early years becoming a rapper. Night Shield comes with a tight verse, talking about his childhood and some of the things that he used to like to do. Just a little bit of some real life memories to share. The only thing I'm not really feeling is the singing in the background of the chorus, besides that it's a coo song.

14) "Touching Me" ft. Christina Bulatao
C. Sharp handles the production once again for this song, and lays down a better beat than the previous one. Night Shield talks about a girl on this one. Christina Bulatao does the background vocals on the hook, she has a good voice, but I'm not really feeling her singing much, her delivery isn't all that to me. Night Shield comes coo, not one of my favorite songs, but it's ok I guess. A decent song overall.

15) "Bloodsport" ft. Mo-X, Lil G, Dividenz, Sarkastik
Mr. D-Sane lays down a harder beat right here, more of the tight production I'm used to hearing from him. Night Shield lays down the first verse with a coo flow. Dividenz, Sarkastik, Mo-X and Lil G all come tight on this song, they all make for good features. A little bit of the Northwest giving Night Shield some help. Some hardcore lyrics on this song, I'm feeling this song a lot, lots of good flows and lyrics.

16) "When We Get There" ft. Overflow, Arjay
I'm not feeling this song all that much. The beat by Big Ice & Oral Bee is good, although I don't really like the pace of it. Night Shield spits a coo verse to start the song with. Overflow is next and comes coo on the mic too. Arjay does the background vocals on the hook, but I'm not feeling him much. There really isn't anything wrong with this song, but I'm not feeling it, the beat is a little boring to me. A decent song at best.

17) "Cruelty" ft. Supaman, Maniac, Yaiva, Stormbird, Arythmatik, Young Skrill, Native Era, Young Trev
Mobius lays down a tight beat to get this lengthy track started. Really that's the only thing that's bad about it, is that it's really long. There is a good collection of solid verses right here. It's a pretty tight song overall, just a little long. I'm feeling it overall.

18) Bonus Track "Ride With Me" ft. Shayla Day
This is the same track from the Hostile Takeover compilation from Night Shield and Cin'atra. The vocals by Shayla Day make this track sounds a bit like an R&B track, but it's a good mix of R&B from Shayla and hip-hop from Night Shield. They work well together. I'm feeling this track, although it's not really my style. I do like the production a lot by Deeper Era Productions. A coo track overall.

Overall this was Night Shield's fourth release and first solo album and it was definately the best album he has put together. The production and features just keep getting better and better with each new album he puts out. His mic talent is also getting better and better. The flows and topics for this album were better than his previous three compilations he has put out. The production from a collection of different producers was tight and there were only a few songs that didn't really catch my attention. The features like I said were solid, there was only a few artists who I didn't care for. Definately this album is better than Night Shield's first two and I anticipate even more good things from this Native American rapper. Go check this album out, it's got good flows, tight beats and Night Shield ripping it up on the mic.

Overall Rating = 4/5

SLOW rhythm

Pay My Pleasure
Sep 19, 2002
Night Shield said:
6) "Work" ft. Haystack, Shadowyze, Wanz

Wanz has the last verse, again like Haystack he has some coo lyrics, but I'm not feeling his voice. Shadowyze does the chorus to the song nicely. It's still a pretty good song overall, I'm just not a fan of either Haystack or Wanz's voices.
[/url]
:confused: tell me you sall that..

good review tho..sorry about not leavin any feed bak,honestly i still aint listened to tha album entirely.but ive got this week off and im gonna sit bak,smoke some and write up a few reviews

Jul 31, 2002
damn dude i thought that haystack verse was waay tiight.. darn.. eh i loved this cd nightshield.. i just been on a bit of a spree lately...been playin it for homies...we got love for y'all out here...

Apr 25, 2002
LOL@him thinking Wanz spit a verse.....I hope you told him that Wanz was the one lacing the sick chorus. I haven't even heard the song I can tell you it was Wanz....

Hey NS you accept PayPal homie? I might want to take you up on this 2 CD deal...Let me know homie.....

Apr 25, 2002
www.Tadou.com
^^ He certainly does. I ordered twice (always gotta keep sealed backups), and he shipped mine priority. I would suggest you do the same. (Although, it'd be cool if he used a smaller envelope, instead of slapping them into an 18x24.)

Apr 25, 2002
www.nightshield.net
tadou said:
^^ He certainly does. I ordered twice (always gotta keep sealed backups), and he shipped mine priority. I would suggest you do the same. (Although, it'd be cool if he used a smaller envelope, instead of slapping them into an 18x24.)
I was actually out of regular envelopes when I sent that. had to cop that at the Post Office and I wanted to make sure it was big enough so the CD's didnt get cracked or anything in travel...

Apr 25, 2002
www.Tadou.com
Night Shield said:
I wanted to make sure it was big enough so the CD's didnt get cracked or anything in travel...
:( I just picked out the two that weren't AS cracked and stashed em away....nothing horrific, but there was some 1cm splintering.