KAREEM RUSH INTERVIEW ONLINE BY FANS

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 25, 2002
www.mexica-movement.org
I KNOW THERES SOME KAREEM RUSH FANS IN HERE,WELL HERE YOU GO FROM LAKERS FORUM CHAT INTERVIEW

Kareem Rush: I am here and ready to go!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
proxy: Do you feel more pressure to perform on a higher level, since you are playing for the most dominate team and the coach who caoched the last dominate dynasty since Jordan's Bulls?

Kareem Rush: I don't think so. There is less pressure because the team has been so successful. I'm not here to be the savior because we are already successful. Having guys like Kobe and Shaq takes some of the pressure off and I can have fun and play my game.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Erik (Los Angeles): GO LAKERS! Kareem, because of Phil Jackson's emphasis on having guards rebound and commit to defense, has that significantly changed the way you prepare for the game?

Kareem Rush: Yes. It has changed the way I practice. I have to guard Kobe everyday and he has taught me a lot. It has really been great having him around.

Anthony (Pasadena): Hi Kareem - Welcome to L.A. What are you current impressions of the team right now going into the season? Out of all the players on the team, who have you bonded with the most (or just hang with)? GREAT LUCK!!

Kareem Rush: It's a great bunch of guys. They are so much fun to be around. You get a little sense of things but without Shaq we can't really tell. I can see why we have won three in a row and I hope I can help us to four.

Spence (NY): Hey Kareem. I know you hear this a lot but I enjoyed watching you play. You will have great sucess. Anyways, how will the Lakers game change without Shaq for a while? Thanks

Kareem Rush: It puts more of a burden on other guys to step up. We all know Kobe can make up a lot of that offense but teams will be focusing more on him. I hope to fulfill a little of that role and be a spark off the bench.

Gary Verge (Los Angeles : How difficult is it for you to pick up the nuances of the triangle offense as a first year player? By the way I'm glad you are here.

Kareem Rush: That is the most difficult thing about being on this time.. it takes time to learn. You have to really know your teammates and you can't just pick up a book and learn it. I'm a smart player so I will pick up on his pretty quick.

ayU: What are your thoughts of Yao Ming?

Kareem Rush: I played against Yao in high school at Nike camp. I am excited to see how Shaq reacts to that and what he will do to him. Yao is a pretty big guy though. I am excited to play against a lot of different guys.

Mark Duncan (Poplar Bluff): What is the best thing about being in the NBA?

Kareem Rush: You get paid to pay a game you have played all your life for free. That has been great! Just playing against the top players is great.

Justin (LA): Hi Kareem - Is running the triangle offense counter a lot of the philosophies of the past offense plans you've been in?

Kareem Rush: Through high school and college I could shoot whenever I wanted but the triangle is more about team unity so it will be an adjustment. I have to really read the defenses more but I will pick up on it quickly.

Mike (Boston): Hey Kareem, Congratulations on making it to the NBA. I was wondering how your brother was doing and if he is going to have a chance to get into the league.

Kareem Rush: I think so. Some people take different routes. JaRon has had a tough time but in a couple years, I could see him playing in the league. He has the talent for sure.

baker1: What was the first thing you bought after getting drafted?

Kareem Rush: I bought a car.. that was the last thing I bought.

Aaron(NC): Do you think that Sacramento is a legit title contender?

Kareem Rush: They will be very tough.. they have a great team. It will be a challenge for us. I haven't played them before so I don't really know.

Tim(Buffalo): Who was your role model growing up???

Kareem Rush: Every kid at my age looked up to Michael Jordan. It was definitly him.

Brian (Chicago): Hi Kareem. You were my favorite college player last year. What a run you guys had in the tourney last year. Do you think Ricky Paulding will be able to step up in your place this year and what can you tell us about Clemmons?

Kareem Rush: I think so.. Ricky is a tremendous talent. He showed last year he could step up. He will be a focal point this year, it will just be a little bit if an adjustment for him. He will do well.

ED San Diego: yo kareem what is it like playing aside kobe bryant? Have you been getting picked on since your the rookie of the team? (paying your dues)

Kareem Rush: Kobe is great ..he is the best 2 guard in the league. If I can guard him I can guard anyone!

I haven't been hazed too much.. I have to carry the bags and pick up balls but that's about it.